Mini 0805 first time set up

Polapat Bhiromkaew

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hi guys,
I just received the mini 0805 today and already install in my car with the hard wire it.

1. My question is that my GPS is not working even though I tured it on. The red sign is flashing on the screen, how can I get it to work? Or I need to wait for a while?

2. What resolution do you guys recommended?

3. What is the purpose of the motion detector? I keep stop recording. Do you guys suggest to use it?

4. What is the LDWS do? I keep beeping every 5 seconds.

I know there are a lots of questions and hope you guys can help me with it.
Thank you very much in advance.

1. If you are in a building you may need to take it outside, then you may have to wait a few minutes, if you have the red sign the that is a good sign since it shows that the GPS module is talking, just hasn't connected to the satellites yet.

2. 1080 21:9

3. Turn the motion detector off, unless you know that you need it.

4. Land Departure Warning System, only useful on the highway, just annoying around town.

Thank Nigel for the useful information.
I will try to set it as you recommended.
Also, what kind of program do you use to view the video and the GPS / Mapping?
Another question that I have is how can I update the software?
Any link or step I need to follow?

http://www.registratorviewer.com/download_en.html

If you get a virus warning for the website then ignore it - some virus scanners don't like the country!

The current version may have a bug with the speed display for mini 0805 data.

For software update, look in the mini 0805 section of this website for firmware updates - download the latest, put firmware.bin on the sd card, power on, say yes to update, delete the file from the sd card again. Make sure you only use 0805 firmware and that you do have an 0805 camera!

Oh....cool.
Thanks again.
Both suggestion work great for me.
BTW, any people who are using this model get any problem with the focus?
It look out of focus to me.
Anything I can adjust?

Focus is normally good with these, post an image (Save current frame in Registrator Viewer) from some video taken in bright sunlight and while not moving and we will give an opinion on your focus - check that you don't have fingerprints on the lens first ;)

BTW, I already cleaned my windshield and checked the lens. No finger print.
Thanks

That is reasonably well focused on your dashboard, the distance is terrible!

I'm fairly certain that is a focus problem, you can either send it back for a replacement or adjust the focus yourself if you are capable of opening it up and doing a bit of DIY. There are some threads on adjusting focus if you search.

It should be focused on the car in front of you with the distance just slightly out of focus like this:

tractor.jpg

Hi Nigel,
thank you very much for your help.
I did DIY and it work.
I will test a bit more and let you know how it turn out.

Back