Mini 0805 Freeze on Startup

Aryan

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

I've got a mini 0805 (no internal memory) running on firmware 20141204. A few days after recording fine, it froze and went into no responding mode and I had to hold the power button until it shut off. Ever since, whenever I turn the camera on, it either freezes or the display doesn't come up at all and only blue LED is on. This happens with or without micro SD card present. Looks like the issue described below for mini 0803, but not sure.

https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0803/#Freezes_on_Start_Up

There are some log files generated by the camera every time it freezes as attached (use anything but notepad, it messes up line endings).
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• dsp.log.txt
    339.2 KB · Views: 9
  • vin_info_dump.log.txt
    940 bytes · Views: 2
  • vin_info_parse.log.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 3
  • vin_irq_1.log.txt
    116 bytes · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi Aryan,

I have a brand new (today) 0805, i'm testing it right now so although it can't say much about it i do remember that my original 0801 had major issues
with the type/class of card i put in it. The general thinking seems to be that the slightly lower class cards (ie 6) seem to work ok, but the higher
class 10 cards presented issues when they 'looped' after a few days. Maybe you have this issue. I would try an older class 6 card and see if that makes a difference. My brand new 0805 came with a class 6 card direct from the factory as by way of a clue!

Thanks for your reply. I'm using a 32 GB Sandisk Ultra Class 10 (which a user on another thread is using and everything for him is fine). I read that class 10 is preferred. But, I'd like to highlight that even without the card in, the camera screen freezes on startup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm,not so sure what is happening for you here, was it a new card or an old one you used? did you reformat it before you used it?
Was the camera working before on a different firmware?

It's a brand new card. It was working fine on the same firmware. I took it out and format it and put it back in. Still the same problem. Even exchanged with another new empty card and still it freezes...

I attached the dumped log files into the first post, hopefully there's a fix.

It does sound like the issue you mention in your first post for which apparently there isn't a fix.
I would maybe try to reflash the firmware to 20141204. If that doesn't work you could maybe try
the direct usb/elf method as described in https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/posts/114166/

It does sound like the issue you mention in your first post for which apparently there isn't a fix.
I would maybe try to reflash the firmware to 20141204. If that doesn't work you could maybe try
the direct usb/elf method as described in https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/posts/114166/
Here's what I did:
  • Reflashed the firmware using direct USB with success, and still the issue remains
  • Format a 16GB class 4 microSD card using SDFormatter and insert it, and still the issue remains
  • Format a 32GB class 10 microSD card using SDFormatter and insert it, and still the issue remains
Whenever I turn on the camera even without SD card in, video capturing gets corrupt (freezes) and camera stops responding. What else can I do?

Sounds to me like one of the chips inside has failed, unless the connectors inside were not properly connected and have come apart with a little use.

It is not the same as the 0803 problem as resetting the camera would sort that out and the 0803 would work fine again until next time which could be weeks later in some cases or never in other cases.

Time to send it back for a replacement I think, assuming that it doesn't have to go back to China in which case you would have to consider the postage costs etc first.

Chips do occasionally fail after a few hours use, if they survive a few days then they normally keep working for decades.

Sounds to me like one of the chips inside has failed, unless the connectors inside were not properly connected and have come apart with a little use.

It is not the same as the 0803 problem as resetting the camera would sort that out and the 0803 would work fine again until next time which could be weeks later in some cases or never in other cases.

Time to send it back for a replacement I think, assuming that it doesn't have to go back to China in which case you would have to consider the postage costs etc first.

Chips do occasionally fail after a few hours use, if they survive a few days then they normally keep working for decades.
Thanks for your reply. It is from China, actually GearBest.

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem. Had it 4 weeks and was working fine until yesterday. Unit is completely frozen and only the blue light remains on. Can't get it on the PC when it connects either.
Did you ever resolve the issue? Or was it sent back?

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem. Had it 4 weeks and was working fine until yesterday. Unit is completely frozen and only the blue light remains on. Can't get it on the PC when it connects either.
Did you ever resolve the issue? Or was it sent back?
Hi. Did you buy it from GearBest too? By frozen, do you mean the video capturing freezes a little while after you turn the camera on (after a hard power cycle)? At least that is the case with me.

Hi,
Yes I did...shocking shopping experience that was too!
My issue is a bit different. The unit wouldn't do anything but sit with a solid blue led. No power on, reset, menu or anything.

I managed to sort mine out. Took the sd card out and let the battery run flat. Then connected it to the PC and charged it a bit, then did a full reset and now it works. The sd card was full, which may have been the cause, but I don't know. Card wiped now so I'll see soon!

Back