Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119S
Hi all,

According to the foxoffer website the Mini 0803 is now out of production:-

And, the Mini 0805 is its replacement:-

With all this talk of a Mini 0806 I wonder what the real differences are for all the various models.

Greg

Both 0805 and 0806 are using the same chipset and almost same firmware. The quality of videos are the same based on chipsed and firmware but can be different because of lens.
0806 have:
- only HDMI output
- two external cards
- 135° lens with nice clear white light of streets lights during recording (great!)
- brighter display
- 3 separate LEDs for camera functions
- much more case holes for better cooling
- magnetic ring for CPL lens easy mounting
- windshield mount with two micro USB connectors (top an bottom) for easy camera mount for right and left drivers

0805 have:
- HDMI and AV output
- one external card
- 120° lens with almost natural color light of streets lights during recording
- darker display
- one case hole with 2 LEDs for camera functions

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the info, but could you tell us something about the battery both Cams will be using?

Will be battery but only to properly save the last recorded file and power off the camera. Maybe 150mAh?

enjoy,
Mtz

Will be battery but only to properly save the last recorded file and power off the camera. Maybe 150mAh?

enjoy,
Mtz
Bigger than that...

You know better because you were closer to that battery. :rolleyes:

Here are the lens differences:

0803 0805 0806 .jpg

A video about 0806:

enjoy,
Mtz

The battery from my first 0803 died a little prematuraly. It was a lithium-ion. I noticed my second 0803 has a lithium-ion polymer. I supose the 0805 and 0806 are going to have them also. My first question is, will they last longer? My second question, when these batteries start to slowly die, could it be possible that firmware updates fail, even when the camera is connected to external power? Because I think that's what happened to me. Firmware update was succesful but the cam refused to reboot and Windows isn"t recognizing the cam anymore.

Hi,

I'm confused:rolleyes:......

I thought MEGtech made the mini series of dash cams. If so why is the 0805, which foxoffer is selling, not on MEGtech's website as a product made by them.

Greg

They are not the manufacturer of the other 080x series products, 0806 is theirs though

OK, that makes sense then. Would you mine telling me the manufacturer of the other 080x series products and what there relationship is to MEGtech. All seems a bit strange to me, just trying to sort it out in my own mine.

Thank you,

Greg

Other models are made by a different factory, there are a few factories that buy the parts and assemble

Hi,

I'm confused:rolleyes:......

I thought MEGtech made the mini series of dash cams. If so why is the 0805, which foxoffer is selling, not on MEGtech's website as a product made by them.

Greg
The MEGtech website is a bit out of date and they don't sell any product to the public anyway. They design the Mini Series and other cameras. Other companies manufacture the parts and yet more companies assemble them into cameras. Then they are sold by yet more companies using various brand names, some with customised versions.

I think.

I see all of a sudden there are a bunch of sellers including Foxoffer selling the mini 0805 on ebay from China. But all of them are listing in the specifications that it has only a 3MP camera sensor. I thought it is supposed to have the newer 4MP sensor. So I don't know who or what to believe. The specs listed are supposedly from the manufacturer and all of the sellers seemed to have copied the specs and pictures from the same place. Are they selling fake mini 0805's? Like maybe they modified old mini 0803 units and are now calling them mini 0805 units? Can I trust them? I wanted to buy one with GPS but when I see the inconsistent spec listings saying 3MP sensor and am told mini 0805 has 4MP sensor, I get distrustful. I don't want to buy it and later find out that it is not a genuine spec'ed mini 0805 but rather just a modified mini 0803. Anyone here can verify or clarify these specs and units being sold on ebay and at Foxoffer?

BTW, none of the sellers would give me an honest answer. Most of them don't even reply back and others say they will update their sites or that they are contacting the manufacturer to find out the true specs of the units they are selling.

I don't know about the other unnamed sellers you are referring to but FoxOffer is a trustworthy and reliable vendor who will never sell you a fake camera regardless of what specs may be listed at any given time..

MTZ "two external cards"

so how does it work? both are for data storage or something else?
max capacity for each card?
sdxc compatible?

foxoffer is using my old spec data. they should update the information quickly.
don't worry there haven't been any fake 0805/0803 on market now.

MTZ "two external cards"

so how does it work? both are for data storage or something else?
max capacity for each card?
sdxc compatible?

0806 can work with single card only, or automaticly alternate the cards.
both cards can be 128GB (the MAX capacity on market for now). Amba SDK said it can be 2TB MAX but there is not such a big card now.
C4 to C10 workable but C6/C10 is recommended for the high resolution video.

Back