Mini 0806 Dashcam - Review and comparison against G90.

Read my 1st post:
I didn't understand that when I first read it and still don't - what do you mean by "forward facing charging port" and do you realise that it has two power sockets?

Yes, but G90 is also there behind the same windshield that doesn't have any out of focus issue.
There is no CPL on the 0806.
I tried to take it out but it's pretty stiff so I may as well take the mount off.
Why chase your tail? The manufacturer admitted that there were focus problems with the first batch. Spend the time re focusing the lens or exchange it.

I didn't understand that when I first read it and still don't - what do you mean by "forward facing charging port" and do you realise that it has two power sockets?
Looks like a picture is worth more than 1000 words.

20150205_074657.jpg

That charger port's location may be another thing to fix.

Why chase your tail? The manufacturer admitted that there were focus problems with the first batch. Spend the time re focusing the lens or exchange it.
I am not chasing anything but answering to the follow up posts.

What about top charging port?

Yeah don't these have a port at either side now?

My 0806 is sat in an 0803 cradle.

Hmm... yes the port on the other side of the mount towards the inside of the car will work fine.

The port on top of the dashcam is fine with other dashcams that have longer mount with suction cup but since mini has short mount, it's hard to fit provided straight charger there without touching the windshield.

Okay, clicking on insert 'Full Image' works. I always used the image links before and used to work.

Also, I remember DCT was not allowing anything above 1920 pixels image size but looks like I can upload even 2560p image now.
What's the file size and mb limit now?
That's good to upload full size screenshots.
clipart-two-thumbs-up-happy-smiley-emoticon-eec6.png

Here is a 2560x1080p screenshot with GPS showing 000:
View attachment 10922

It took a long time but it did get GPS signal, not consistently though.
I was not driving at 80mph, that's kph but displays as mph. :s
View attachment 10923

My Mini 0806 GPS lock is very slow, some time it takes 10 minutes for cold-lock and about 5 min hot-lock.

My Mini 0806 GPS lock is very slow, some time it takes 10 minutes for cold-lock and about 5 min hot-lock.
As someone mentioned earlier, I'm not chasing tail here since these issues are in the fix list but in the context, yes, it's very slow.
It took almost 24 minutes to get GPS signal in my 30 minute drive home so only last 3 or 4 files had GPS data.

Yeah don't these have a port at either side now?

My 0806 is sat in an 0803 cradle.

I got my Mini 0806 a week ago from Gearbest and it came with a cradle which has forward and rear facing ports. I guess its the latest batch.
On their website they also have a picture of a cradle with forward facing microusb port.

As someone mentioned earlier, I'm not chasing tail here since these issues are in the fix list but in the context, yes, it's very slow.
It took almost 24 minutes to get GPS signal in my 30 minute drive home so only last 3 or 4 files had GPS data.
Is it possible that, because you are powering the GPS through the camera, that the battery or supercapacitor in the GPS mount isn't being properly charged, which means that the GPS needs to do a cold start every time? This would mean it has to download the almanac and other long term data, which can take tens of minutes to accomplish.

grnbrg.

Is it possible that, because you are powering the GPS through the camera, that the battery or supercapacitor in the GPS mount isn't being properly charged, which means that the GPS needs to do a cold start every time? This would mean it has to download the almanac and other long term data, which can take tens of minutes to accomplish.

grnbrg.

as per my case ( earlier post ), I want to clarify, that I do power up via cradle, but gps lock is truly very slow.
Anyway, I hope with upcoming new firmware it will be sorted.

grnbrg.
That could be.
I'll plug into the mount;s charging port and see.

I read in the forum that 2nd batch is only coming after February 5th.
Is that accurate or just imaginary date I read?

the second batch have been released parcel by parcel.
some distributors should have the cameras on hand and some are on the way.

the second batch have been released parcel by parcel.
some distributors should have the cameras on hand and some are on the way.
Thanks for clarification.

Also, I couldn't find 4 small screws to screw the wedge piece on the mount.
Manual mentions 4 #5 screws are included. Hmm...
Are they already on the mount that have to be taken out to use the wedge or just missing in the packaging?

blah, I was hoping it would have a supercap.

does it have an automatic parking mode?

They have PPM (pretend parking mode) coming with a new bracket that will wake the camera up after something has happened

Seriously though, it doesn't have proper parking mode but given it uses a battery that should be discouraged anyway

They have PPM (pretend parking mode) coming with a new bracket that will wake the camera up after something has happened

Seriously though, it doesn't have proper parking mode but given it uses a battery that should be discouraged anyway
With the parking guard bracket it doesn't wake up when something happens, it switches from low frame rate to normal frame rate. Might not be doing the same as some other cameras parking modes but by recording continuously at low frame rate it never misses anything.

recording all the time even at a low frame rate is good to not miss anything, in a camera with a battery though is far from ideal to be powered constantly

the wake up when triggered option on battery removes some of the risk but misses the action

either way it's not the ideal solution

Thanks for clarification.

Also, I couldn't find 4 small screws to screw the wedge piece on the mount.
Manual mentions 4 #5 screws are included. Hmm...
Are they already on the mount that have to be taken out to use the wedge or just missing in the packaging?

Mine also came without "included" screws, but it it possible they just forgot to add. Its not a big deal, I can find compatible screws, have plenty around in my drawers.

Back