mini 0806 jerky video

matty86

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry me again, Finally got round to testing my Mini 0806! .. went for 15 min drive or so returned home to play the video back on the computer.

Does anyone know why the video play back is jerky on the computer and not smooth? if i watch the video back on the camera its fine nice and smooth. How can i fix this problem.

I was viewing with the SD card in the camera and connected to the usb port on the computer, as my computer never has read SD cards even though it has ports.

That's strange since your ports seem to be working ok. Perhaps it's the card reader that you are using, have you tried different readers?

It wasn't read in the computer .. it was connected to the computer via usb cable with the memory card in the camera from the camera itself as the computer wont read the card in the SD slot.. but its been like that from new (the computer)

Yes, I understood that. I was addressing the fact that the pc doesn't read the sd cards. The fact that the camera works in the usb port means the ports are ok.
I take it now that you meant when you use the card slots. Try the card in a card reader plugged into the usb port.

I take it now that you meant when you use the card slots. Try the card in a card reader plugged into the usb por

How do i plug a card reader into a usb port? is there some sort of adapter you can buy?

copy the files to computer first and it will play smooth as long as your PC is up to it, connected via the camera is too slow to be able to play the files directly

copy the files to computer first and it will play smooth as long as your PC is up to it, connected via the camera is too slow to be able to play the files directly

Thanks will give that a go now!

Its not the card reader as i have just tried the one out of my girl friends camera! and the computer wont read that either. thats why i had to connect via the camera

Just done that, its a little better but its still jerky! computer gets very hot too as the fan goes mental! so it must be something to do with the computer?

high bitrate full hd video does need decent spec, you might find some players will play smoother than others

Is it ram the computer is lacking or graphics?

Is it ram the computer is lacking or graphics?

Why don't you share with us the details of the computer that you are using and we may be able to figure it out?

Memory card readers come in all shapes and sizes, but the one thing they all have in common is one end that will plug into a usb port. Here are some examples:
card1.jpg card2.png

The computer am using is:

AMD Althlon 64 x2 Dual core processor 5000+ 2.60 GHZ
2 Gig of ram
Running windows vista home premium.
There is no graphic card, its built into the main board.

Thanks Matt

I Have tried using the file that comes with the camera something called "QtPlayer" and i have also tried using quick time player

I Have tried using the file that comes with the camera something called "QtPlayer" and i have also tried using quick time player

ok, try Windows Media Player and see if the file plays smoothly, VLC might be an option for you also, the player it comes with is useless, try Registrator Viewer instead

Just tried windows media player! and it wont play properly at all in that, weird pattern over the screen. I will try Registrator Viewer

Just tried windows media player! and it wont play properly at all in that, weird pattern over the screen. I will try Registrator Viewer

what resolution are you running the camera at? if it's something greater than 2560 x 1080 you might struggle

I downloaded that program and when you run the file or files has a weird effect over the screen like a orange colour.

the camera is running on the default setting i think its the 2560 x 1080

the resolution is why you're having issues on an older PC, as a test set it to 1920 x 1080 and make a recording then play it back on your PC, you should find it handles it much better

Back