Mini 0806 Vs 0826 Images

you must be one of the first, haven't heard much else, good to hear it's an improvement over the old model though
Just the feel as well, its like a suede feel, solid build and record without a memory card, there's times ive left the card in my laptop from viewing and forgotten to take the card with me, now i can still record even this happens, am i the first to review? Amazed lol

they call that rubber paint (not what it is but that's the way it's described), yeah the internal card is handy as a backup

Emma, does this 0826 have the Parking support built in?.. it seems the 0806 requires the Parking Guard fitment before that function becomes available.

What is the min/max operating temperatures of the 0826 vs 0806? I'm getting set to order one or the other, but I'm in Canada so the minimum temperature is pretty important, and I keep finding conflicting information.

There's no significant hardware difference between them that should vary their temperature rating

There's no significant hardware difference between them that should vary their temperature rating

Thanks Jokiin.

So the -10c to 65c I've seen for the 0806 is accurate and should be the same on the 0826?
Or is it the 0c to 60c I've seen listed elsewhere for the 0806?
I've seen nothing listed temperature wise for the 0826.

@Joy can probably advise the correct spec for you when she's online next, they would have done hot and cold chamber testing

Hi, I'm thinking of buying my first dash cam but don't know whether to get the 0806 or the 0826, which one is best?
0806 appears to have 5mp sensor vs 3.2mp on 0826 but not sure if this matters. Any advice is much appreciated.

Anybody on WhiteGolds comment..........

Hi, I'm thinking of buying my first dash cam but don't know whether to get the 0806 or the 0826, which one is best?
0806 appears to have 5mp sensor vs 3.2mp on 0826 but not sure if this matters. Any advice is much appreciated.

My experience tells me to keep me as far away from the Mini 0806 until the series of dash cams becomes stable and reliable.
You get what you pay for.

If you really want something you can install and forget I'd recommend SGZC12RC-V2.
It is very easy to hide and very good video quality day and night, stable and reliable.

http://hiniko.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_105_182&product_id=359

Wow, thanks for the comparison. There's clearly a difference there, the street guardian looks much better in low light conditions. If I had plenty of cash I'd go for that straight away. Unfortunately it's too expensive for my first dash cam purchase, but I agree, you clearly get what you pay for. I'm edging towards the 0826 as I've been put off the 0806 due to reliability issues, of course the 0826 might have the same issues but I'll try it. Suppose I could always use it as a rear facing camera if it's not satisfactory, and invest in something better when prices lower for better alternatives.
Thanks for your info, this forum has lots of helpful members and I appreciate your help.

Don't read too much into these visual comparisons..

Its just manufacturers basic output settings that make one appear better than the other and its not stated if a Cpl was on the 0806 or not and as for reliability...

Well..

The 13 o806 s returned as faulty I then bought from the seller and sold on at £54 a piece having thoroughly tested them didn't have faults!!!

That's 13 people returning them giving negative feedback about the 0806 that was based on sweet FA

Don't read too much into these visual comparisons..

Its just manufacturers basic output settings that make one appear better than the other and its not stated if a Cpl was on the 0806 or not and as for reliability...

I forgot to mention about CPL filter was on or not, good observation. Now I'm not really sure if CPL filtern was on or not but I think it wasn't on.

The 13 o806 s returned as faulty I then bought from the seller and sold on at £54 a piece having thoroughly tested them didn't have faults!!!

That's 13 people returning them giving negative feedback about the 0806 that was based on sweet FA

Do not quite understand. Out 13 0806 you purchased only 1 one of those works?

Edit: I understand now.
I really try not to throw **** on mini 0806. But I really have trouble getting it to work constantly. Sometimes it starts and sometimes it does not, and sometimes it shuts off by itself. I have tried all the different possible SD card from Lexar 1000x, 633x, 300x (64gb, 128gb) to SanDisk and got the same problem. Have spent lot of money and time on SD card and troubleshooting. Have really tried to make it stable and reliable, but without success. I personally think that adding a little more money to get quality and reliability Dash Cam are worth so much than 1x hours of troubleshooting and buying various SD cards.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for everyone's help. I decided to go for the 0826, it's my first dash cam and I felt the price was right for this type of gadget. Time will tell, but hopefully it will provide decent quality video and be reliable. Fingers crossed!

I received my 0826 from Gearbest about 2 weeks ago. No internal memory, 64 Gb Transcend Class 10 card. It's working just as it should, no problems or glitches. My cigarette lighter is always on and I left it running for over 24 hrs with no problems or overheating. It is, of course, winter in this hemisphere, and the overnight temps were in the 30s, daytime in the 50s. It was just warm.
The software is the same as my 0801, DVRPlayer. That also seems to be working fine.

I received my 0826 from Gearbest about 2 weeks ago. No internal memory, 64 Gb Transcend Class 10 card. It's working just as it should, no problems or glitches. My cigarette lighter is always on and I left it running for over 24 hrs with no problems or overheating. It is, of course, winter in this hemisphere, and the overnight temps were in the 30s, daytime in the 50s. It was just warm.
The software is the same as my 0801, DVRPlayer. That also seems to be working fine.
What settings you using? what is the quality setting> fine, super fine etc? resolution? etc....
My footage looks grainy :(

What settings you using? what is the quality setting> fine, super fine etc? resolution? etc....
My footage looks grainy :(
Everything is at the defaults. I set the time and date, that's all. Examining the video with VLC Player in full screen, it looks very good. No graininess.

Correction: This camera came with QTPlayer, not DVRPlayer, but the icon and interface look exactly the same.

I am getting some strange red artifacts on the right side of the player window (both players), related to the graph at the bottom right, which I do not get from my 0801. See screen shots, the upper is DVRPlayer, the lower is QTPlayer.
Screenshot1_zpsloqxza06.jpg
Screenshot2_zpsqmwrbizt.jpg

Back