Mini 0806s W/ Super Capacitor, solve the problem of over heating

Lovely-connie

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
Mini 0806/0806s; Mini 0903/0905/0906; Mini 0805/0805P +More
New version Mini 0806s, upgrade from Mini 0806, same housing and different motherboard, main difference as followed:
  • Remove a micro SD card
  • Reduce RF interference
  • Improve GPS moduel to increase GPS signal
  • Add AV-Out
  • Add Reset Button
  • Using super capacitor, not built in battery, more safer in hot weather
  • Improve camera stabilization
  • Low voltage protection
Compared with old version Mini 0806
10.jpg
9.jpg
8.jpg
7.jpg 11.jpg
Features:
  1. Patent industrial design
  2. Ultra MINI size
  3. Display Size: 1.5 inch TFT
  4. Cinema Mode 2560*1080 (21:9) 30fps
  5. FullHD 1296P@30fps, 1080P@45fps, 720P@60fps
  6. Support HDR (High-Dynamic-Range) for superior low light performance, 1080P@30fps HDR
  7. Video Format: MOV (H.264)
  8. Camera Pixel: 4 Million Pixel CMOS
  9. 135 degree Viewing Angle
  10. Camera rotating 160 degree for reverse mounting
  11. Built-in G-sensor
  12. Support HDMI and AV-out Function, connect to TV for Video and Photo viewing
  13. Support Route Tracking via GPS (with GPS mount base)
  14. Support 128GB Maximum TF cards recording (Not include)
  15. Support Movement Detection
  16. Support LDWS and FCWS
  17. Seamless Link Loop Recording
  18. Support Video Protection, prevent overwrite important video
  19. Support Audio On/Off while Video Recording
  20. Battery: 5V 2.5F super capacitor
  21. Adapter: MicroUSB 5PIN Port
Mini 0806s Motherboard for reference
motherboard-4.jpgmotherboard-6.jpg
Capacitor VS Battery
Mini 0806s with super capacitor tech. it can't be turned on until is recharged by car charger.
Safty confficient is higher than Mini 0806.
It's working temperature -25℃~65℃
More stable in Winter or Summer.
Longer lifetime than battery version.

Mini 0806 built in 3.7V 200mAhlithium battery. It can work for few minutes constantly if it is not recharged by car charger.
Battery is easy to be aging if it's too hot in Summer for long time; and in winter, it maybe frozen.

Which CMOS sensor is inside?

Looks like 0906 housing. I don't see any heat sinks on SOC - not sure how much more heat resistant it will be compared to 0806.

Looks like 0906 housing. I don't see any heat sinks on SOC - not sure how much more heat resistant it will be compared to 0806.
Little different from 0906, on the top is AV-out, Reset button and mini HDMI.
Working temperature 14F…+140F(-10℃…+60℃), built in capacitor, device will not dead when it is over heat. Quality is more reliable than Mini 0806.

If I could suggest... Using a small amount of paint on buttons. Makes them much easier to see at night.
I did something like this on both @Rayman.Chan Minis (0903 and 0906)
P1030323.JPG

Just ordered one. Been waiting for a capacitor model that I can mount upside down.
Thanks, we will ship out ASAP. ;)

Link for order Mini 0806s:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...32807043409.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.ny95J8

Leave message"From dashcam.talk" will get $5 discount. ;)
Losing mem slot A for me might put me off. I know that feature never worked as it should on my old 0806 but having a spare card in slot A can't be a bad thing if you have a smash and want to remove main card for safe keeping and leave it running on slot A after a reboot. Of cause there is always the glove box! but 2nd slot is a good quick contingency.
I'm using a 128gb card, has there been any changes to card formatting options with the 0806s?
I do this on my PC but if I needed to ever replace a card away from home it would be an issue with a 128gb card!

the 128GB card can be formated in camera

the 128GB card can be formated in camera
Not in my 0806 as I've tried, but maybe as I've never flashed it and it's still running it's original firmware!
What exact version cam and firmware are you referring to?

Additional info;
Had to format my 128 card so many times, but after the last format the cam is reliable again.
Most of that was down to the GPS powering the cam, now direct to cam have no turning off issues when driving, so I'll change it at some point.
I also increased the block size on the format and reduced down video 1 setting from super-fine.
On a few snaps taken from video of reg plates it actually seemed a bit clearer, but that doesn't make much sense, so maybe that's down to better light conditions etc

Not in my 0806 as I've tried, but maybe as I've never flashed it and it's still running it's original firmware!

I assume then from your post at some point the firmware was updated to allow 128GB card formatting in the cam but unless I've missed it I don't see any reference to that change in the update info list?

My cam is still stable with the changes I made so it's not an issue for me at this time.

I assume then from your post at some point the firmware was updated to allow 128GB card formatting in the cam but unless I've missed it I don't see any reference to that change in the update info list?

My cam is still stable with the changes I made so it's not an issue for me at this time.

yes it works well with 128GB card but a MLC chip card is recommended.
iTracker tested 256GB also works well but I didn't have the chance (256GB is too costly for me)

Back