Mini 0807 wishlist

I do mean people have different needs.
That is Chinese words, that someone want to north, others want to south.

Oh I see. I am of Chinese background myself but I have never heard of such Chinese saying.

A lot of these things are never going to happen as it's not physically possible, whatever does happen though is only the result of what wholesale customers are prepared to order, wish lists don't get the product built unfortunately but certainly no harm in throwing the ideas out for discussion
Compromises have to be made and what is described in post #1 has a different set of compromises to what the mini 08xx series has always used. But there is room in the market for an even smaller camera with no screen as described by the wish list in post #1 - that is what the Mobius is so there is no reason a micro 08xx series shouldn't exist which fairly closely matches the wish list in post #1...

I would like a really small rear pointing camera which will mount on a mini 0806 gps mount on the rear window, the screeen on the mini 0803 which I have there currently seems a bit pointless and would be even more pointless if I could use the screen and buttons on the front mini 0806 to set up both of them.

4K? I'm actually surprised there isn't a 4k car DVR available (Perhaps I haven't searched hard enough!) I honestly couldn't care how the unit looked, for me it's quality and resolution of image, ultimately thats what these things are for. Quite a few times I've failed to get a numberplate because I ran out of pixels when zooming in!

4K? I'm actually surprised there isn't a 4k car DVR available (Perhaps I haven't searched hard enough!) I honestly couldn't care how the unit looked, for me it's quality and resolution of image, ultimately thats what these things are for. Quite a few times I've failed to get a numberplate because I ran out of pixels when zooming in!

Yeah 4k would definitely be nice because plate readability still suffers. I bet this year or perhaps next 4k will be the next thing for DVRs.

Hey everyone,
JooVuu is potentially looking at coming into the car camera market. If you could help us that'd be great. Oh and if you help us and leave your email you have a chance of winning a free Mini 0806 with GPS and CPL. Just go here: http://joovuu.com/survey/index.php/995928/lang-en

Cheers,

Dan
Owner of JooVuu

Yes we have started the design work of the next mini camera.
YOU MUST LIKE IT.
for now, I can't disclose anything sorry, BUT, we are open for your suggestions!

anything will be appericated!

Here is another suggestion. Include wire management clips! :)

has been reality in the second mini0806 batch we are working on production line.
Although cost increase. :)

I bought 30 shipped from ebay for $1.50. I am pretty sure that just 10 of these would be $50 cents and with some profit. It's not a big deal if it doesn't have it, I would much rather pay extra for better image.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/161551243268

Last edited:
My wish list:

• Better lens optics with brighter aperture, maybe f/1.0
  • 1080p@60fps
  • Automatic backup save option to second card
  • Capacitor version

better Wide dynamic range (WDR). if your car has HID lights, the reflection off the plate makes them unreadable since it becomes a bright white rectangle.

Remove lcd would be awesome! I aways would like to have dvr like A8 (smaller), lcd only is useful for initial setup.. Wifi would solve it much better.. I could change all camera settings using mobile phone app, also could download small clips like 20min or less.. Would be incredible.. Hard wired version also would be great, focus is make it smaller possible, I don't want see it, will be hided back mirror.. Don't want light (lcd).. Low consumption energy mode like 720p 10 fps (wifi off), then if detect moviment near car it record 1080p 30 fps.. Than after 30 seconds without moviment it go to low consumption mode again.. Would be interesting make it work normal mode if car is on (motion detection off)..

No problem.. This is small detail.. 5 minutes over wifi speed should take 30 seconds only..
But more important is this feature.. No lcd, but with wifi for video download and fast and easy configuration and smaller possible with hardware.. If make it, will be impossible any car dvr model be better than it..

Even if transfer in 1 minute.. That's OK.. For 1 minute at 8mb/second = 500mb (5 minutes video).. Would be awesome.. It also could stream direct to mobile phone wifi speed (8mb at least) is bigger than video rate (around 2mb/second).. Configution would be much simple too.. It would possible remove screen and make it smaller and more easy to hide.. Today everybody have ios or Android smartphone.. Would be incredible..

With the next "0806 / 0807 " I wish vertical angle step-up / step-down would be with twice shorter 1 step "jump".

vertical angle adjustment.jpg

My wish:
Remote lens that we can mount/stick in the corner of windshield or inside anywhere with the body/lcd hidden inside the console or glovebox.

Perfect thing would be a built in camera body/lcd in the car charger with the lens at the end of 10ft long charger's end with the ability to replace the cable if needed on both ends. :D
Something like this:

Dashcam-car-charger-suggestion.png

Last edited:
My wish:
Remote lens that we can mount/stick in the corner of windshield or inside anywhere with the body/lcd hidden inside the console or glovebox.

Perfect thing would be a built in camera body/lcd in the car charger with the lens at the end of 10ft long charger's end with the ability to replace the cable if needed on both ends. :D
Something like this:

View attachment 11061

Why does it need to be so complex. Live streaming via wifi is cheaper and more elegant solution.

Personally, once I mounted it I no longer touch the lcd or even see it because it's behind mirror. So there is really absolutely no need for it most of the time, the only time I had to use it in the past was when I wanted to review an accident and it's a painful process. I would much rather browse and review files on my smartphone like you can currently do with BlackVue or SJCAM. Really miss this functionality. Yes, you can take out sd card and plug in, but then not all smartphones have sd card slot.

Last edited:
Back