Mini 0906 parking guard and Celllink b

Matt M

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

First time posting so please forgive if I do something wrong.

I am looking into investing in my first dash cam and I have been looking at getting a mini 0906. I would though like to take advantage of the parking guard functionality of the 0906. However I would like to try and avoid hardwiring to my car. So I have also been looking at the celllink b v2.

As far as what research I have done, it appears you can charge the celllink via the cars cigarette socket solely. My question is can you use the female socket output from the celllink b to power the mini 0906 while the car is on. But when car is off will it trigger the parking guard functionality? Or will it just keep running as if the engine was on?

I am also open to suggestions on alternatives to the celllink pack. Thank you in advance.

Can't be done without hardwiring as there's more than one wire that needs to be connected. To use the feature, you'll need to use their Parking Mode specific hardwire kit.

Can't be done without hardwiring as there's more than one wire that needs to be connected. To use the feature, you'll need to use their Parking Mode specific hardwire kit.
Thanks for the quick response. Ahh OK, I don't suppose you know of any dash cams that would support that set up?

I'd use the Cellink and leave the camera recording in normal mode, not like it gets super hot in the UK. Just get a higher capacity card.

I'd use the Cellink and leave the camera recording in normal mode, not like it gets super hot in the UK. Just get a higher capacity card.
How good is the g-sensor on the 0906? If my car was to be hit say overnight or I havent used the car for a couple of days. I wouldn't want the files to be overwriten due to it recording in the full file format.

Cellink B via 12 socket + 0906 hardwire kit should work.

How good is the g-sensor on the 0906? If my car was to be hit say overnight or I havent used the car for a couple of days. I wouldn't want the files to be overwriten due to it recording in the full file format.

No experience with the 0906. Yeah, then you'd want Parking Mode.

No experience with the 0906. Yeah, then you'd want Parking Mode.
Thanks you have been a great help. I will definitely look into using the hardwire kit with celllink

Other suggestion is that you need to offer backup battery case,for example xiaomi powerbank.

just from technically, your requirement can be done with this scheme (a DIY Parking Guard Hardwire Kit with power pack)
and you need a big power pack more than 10K mAh to achieve 10+ hours protection.
DIY-hardwireKit.jpg

anyone wanta do this mod, don't forget to pay me patent fee :p

Last edited:
just from technically, your requirement can be done with this scheme (a DIY Parking Guard Hardwire Kit with power pack)
and you need a big power pack more than 10K mAh to achieve 10+ hours protection.
View attachment 34754
Main problem with this is that it typically takes 3 hours to charge the 10000mAh battery pack, so unless you drive 3 hours per day you wont get your 10 hours protection.

Can you give us the pin numbers for your "Special micro USB plug" so that we can actually build it please...

Micro-USB2.jpg
the ID pin (4# pin, usually not connected in USB cable) is for Parking Guard signal

just wondering. Since he is talking about an external battery between the mini 0906 and car. What if we hooked up a switch to the yellow side? If we didnt need the dash cam to be in parking mode we can turn off the power from the yellow side and if we wanted to have it on we can switch it back on? will that work?

If you cut off the yellow power, the camera will be in Parking mode; if you switch it on the camera will be normal recording

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

the red wire is power, with that you can control the camera to be ON or OFF

okay so running a switch on the red wire will allow me to turn if off if i don't want the camera to record in parking mode if i don't want to go thru and change the settings everytime. But will cutting the power to the camera reset all the settings?

But will cutting the power to the camera reset all the settings?

no, there is a MS621 backup battery which keeps the RTC clock and setting

Back