Mini0801 Hacking (Hardware and Software)

Huh.. Seems that the image files in bitmaps.bin are RLE encoded (binwalk helped a lot)..
I got the audio-mute icon (resized it) :D
micatwoezu0nc.png

Quote from Wikipedia on RLE:
For example, consider a screen containing plain black text on a solid white background. There will be many long runs of white pixels in the blank space, and many short runs of black pixels within the text. Let us take a hypothetical single scan line, with B representing a black pixel and W representing white:

WWWWWWWWWWWWBWWWWWWWWWWWWBBBWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWBWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
If we apply the run-length encoding (RLE) data compression algorithm to the above hypothetical scan line, we get the following:

12W1B12W3B24W1B14W
This is to be interpreted as twelve Ws, one B, twelve Ws, three Bs, etc.

First OOP fwpacker release will be ready on Saturday

Last edited:
Great job Tobi@s,

But what do you use to edit everything?

I unpacked it and only see BIN files.
And than???

Grz,
Newwolf

You could try evilwombats RFS unpacker to edit the romfs section. For kernel editing I can recommend IDA Pro. Or a Hex Editor.
To analyze the files you can always use binwalk.

PHP based unpacker algorithm is finished. No I have to port the repacker and tweak it a bit a lot.

phpunpacker.png

and Tobi@s, would you mind posting a tutorial later on? I'd really love to learn how to swap the files myself as I plan on doing it often to match my car's splash screen setups.

I created a small tutorial regarding filesystem modifications;

Sorry for my dialect/slang :oops:

I created a small tutorial regarding filesystem modifications;

Sorry for my dialect/slang :oops:

Great time to buy a 0801, thanks Tobi@s! Can't wait to get a hold of this thing and your work is one of the reasons why I picked it.

just make sure you buy from a reliable source, there's a copy version that looks just like the original now

just make sure you buy from a reliable source, there's a copy version that looks just like the original now

eBay from e-prance is where I got mine, seemed to be many others so I hope I got it right. Some previous posted links are dead on the forum on where others had purchased.

the copy has been selling in Russia, not sure if any of the Chinese resellers have taken it on, will get messy if they do

the copy has been selling in Russia, not sure if any of the Chinese resellers have taken it on, will get messy if they do

thanks for the tip, as soon as it arrives I'll check with the thread for fakes and make sure we are good to go on it. If China isn't making the fakes who is??

thanks for the tip, as soon as it arrives I'll check with the thread for fakes and make sure we are good to go on it. If China isn't making the fakes who is??

the fake is made in China, it's just about where it has been selling, if it stays in Russia then it won't much matter, it's cheaper though and human nature being what it is .......

the fake is made in China, it's just about where it has been selling, if it stays in Russia then it won't much matter, it's cheaper though and human nature being what it is .......

Very true. No need for fakes, looking for quality. Hoping this unit has good night video and isn't too finicky to use but its my first car-cam so excited to get it going and in use, could have used it many times over already ;)

Some progress regarding romfs, this is its structure:
rfs_analysis.png

Now I'm able to create my own unpacker/repacker for the filesystem :)

Just discovered the strings in strings.bin
strings.png

Seems I have to write another unpacker.. :)

Yeah, sure Id love to :D

Yeah, sure Id love to :D

Not sure if it helps you work it out or not but this menu can operate with 3 buttons, up arrow to the top then long press up arrow to access the next menu option, this is how the A7 version of this camera is currently configured

Back