Mini0801 Hacking (Hardware and Software)

Gonna try that after work, thanks

Just discovered the strings in strings.bin
strings.png

Seems I have to write another unpacker.. :)

If you guys always wanted to look at the language strings:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoFRwm9CGCLkdGdHaFFzaUZ6UU5OTXhGa1Y5cS15M0E&usp=sharing

Last edited:
Hello,
I guess that you recompile the source code and this way is possible to make any kind of changes... do you thinks would be easy to add or change the loop settings? 15' and 30' would be great, I think 'off' doesnt work

Unfortunately I don't have access to the latest sourcecode, just to a 2010 A2 SDK.
The process is called reversed engineering. Since the firmware is not crypted I/we are able to get pretty much information from the binary.
And the SDK code helps to find specific compiled patterns (ifelse/switch/etc).

But I don't think that loop times above 5 minutes will be a good idea. It will take too much I/O Performance. Jokiin can confirm this, I guess.

hello again,
what IO change? the camera writes to sd every byte generated when its generated, right? file limit is only a trick to replace old files when the card gets full.
and the 'off' time loop setting? it would be a IO killer ...
may be easy to change the existing loop times if they are stored, for example, in a word or dword in the binary. but it may be hard to discovered the mem address...

That's an old SDK, a lot of changes since then

Lots of challenges with different recycle settings
At least the basics don't seem to have changed that much

hello again,
what IO change? the camera writes to sd every byte generated when its generated, right? file limit is only a trick to replace old files when the card gets full.
and the 'off' time loop setting? it would be a IO killer ...
may be easy to change the existing loop times if they are stored, for example, in a word or dword in the binary. but it may be hard to discovered the mem address...
Hmm.. What about deleting the 30 Minute file?

Amba RomKitchen v0.1 public beta
romkitchen.png

http://p-mc.eu/dc/dl/get.php?f=AmbaRomKitchen-01

Not everything is included yet..
Note: I don't like user error handling: Always open the binary first, then export it, then you can use the other tools. Otherwise strange things may happen

How to run: Doubleclick the jar file or enter java -jar AmbaRomKitchen-v0.1.jar in your terminal

Last edited:
Great news and progress. That should simplify the build process for custom modified fw.

Will this be available in a web based or standalone app for those that don't have access to a JDK?

Should run with JRE

Not sure what you've got in mind but would be good if a firmware patcher was possible, select the firmware file, choose your images and patch

Wise to make sure anyone that changes images has access to a firmware with the same images as original in case of warranty problems, most vendors will void warranty if the firmware has been altered

Going to add that as soon as the rfs packer is reliable

Will send you the A7 version firmware to have a look at as soon as I get it, not sure if its similar enough to do the same though, maybe some clues from the guys hacking GoPro's

As far as I know there are some additional sections like HAL which would affect the fw header.. We'll see when you get it :D

Sorry, I don't speak hacker.

This "ROM kitchen"... is this to allow people to generate their own firmware file with custom image?

Yes, but keep in mind that this is just a beta.. More features are coming soon

Back