mini0906 focuses on dirt on windshield instead of road

mbgar

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello all,

I have a mini0906 dual dashcam.
Sometimes when the windscreen is dirty the front camera focuses on the dirt instead of the road.
Is there a way to set the focus so it stays on the road?

It is fixed focus , so no.

You may be having problems with it focusing on the dirt in hot weather, not due to the dirt being there? If so then it may be worth trying to refocus it. They do tend to drift focus a little in hot weather.

Thank you,

It could be due to hot weather, how would I refocus the cam?
Would a refocus be needed often and manually?

Would a refocus be needed often and manually?
It is not supposed to be needed at all, so once is likely. It requires disassembly of the camera, which is not an easy task, there are a few YouTube videos on refocusing dashcam lenses, don’t know if there is one for this camera.

Hello all,

I have a mini0906 dual dashcam.
Sometimes when the windscreen is dirty the front camera focuses on the dirt instead of the road.
Is there a way to set the focus so it stays on the road?
Try to fit the dashcam on the different place. Maybe if the camera lens would face to the windshield in the different angle it wont be focusing on the dirt

A dashcam can change focus as in the focus will slide due to heat most often, if the focus shift is permanent you can indeed focus the lens again.
To do that you need to take the camera apart, loosen the lens that is often held in place with a dab of glue on the thread / mount, once that is dont you just need to turn the lens a few degrees in the correct direction.
What is the right direction i do not know, so you will have to just adjust a little them film some and then inspect that footage.

On newer systems with a wifi preview you can often use that to see the live feed, but old cameras at best had a AV out but this is not ideal for focus as this AV signal was low resolution.
Very few cameras in the old days also had a HDMI out, but i can not recall if the 0906 which i tested back in the day had this feature.

The 0906 system are pretty old stuff, modern systems will blow it right out of the water on just about any parameter.

Back