Mobius 2 Action/Dash Cam support thread

" the last one is fitted to a CS-to-EF adapter "
Like to see a photo of that set up ,thanks

Marking the final nail in the coffin, Tom Frank has closed the M2 support thread on RCG
Personally, I had a couple of M2 cameras but both of them died after a couple of years or so. I never expected when I bought my first Mobius 1 in 2013 that it would still be going strong 7 years later, with better performance and reliability than two of its supposed successors (M2 and Maxi).

In light of the recent announcement of the official demise of the M2 I thought you guys might find this nearly three year old forum interaction to be interesting. I bookmarked it a long time ago but forgot all about it until just stumbling on it.

We haven't heard from @Isoprop for quite a long time. This too feels like an indication of Mobius' apparent diminishing commitment to the platform.

isoprop_m2.jpg

Well he's still around as of about a month ago but we hear little from him. Could be a million reasons for that, Mobius (cam and company) was always a different kind of thing which was once good- but I'm not so sure about that anymore as the Maxi has seen slow development too, and is a world apart from the original. I'll grab a few Mobii (original) in the future for their unique qualities but if I want the form factor in a modern cam it's going to be an F1- I'm not even considering the Maxi anymore.

Lost potential is always a sad thing.

Phil

Well he's still around as of about a month ago but we hear little from him. Could be a million reasons for that, Mobius (cam and company) was always a different kind of thing which was once good- but I'm not so sure about that anymore as the Maxi has seen slow development too, and is a world apart from the original. I'll grab a few Mobii (original) in the future for their unique qualities but if I want the form factor in a modern cam it's going to be an F1- I'm not even considering the Maxi anymore.

Lost potential is always a sad thing.

Phil
I left this thread a good while ago because of all the rude comments and bashing that was taking place. As the numerous mails I received confirmed, I was not the only member who was irritated by this attitude. It was then that I decided to stop posting. It's a shame, but that's the way it is.
@TonyM is a very worthy replacement, so at least for the time being, I see no reason to post here any more.
As I have repeatedly posted, I am not associated with the Mobius team in any way. I am a private person and all the work I do is free of charge and done in my free time. I will obviously continue to support all the Mobius products in the future as best I can, I just won't be posting here.

I can understand you and your choices. I (and apparently many others) just strongly wish Mobius did better, and with you having closer ties with them than us kind of put you out there to be bashed upon in hopes that it made a positive difference.

If I was a part of that please accept my apologies- no personal affront to you was ever intended from me here.

Phil

Back