Mobius 2 Lens

It's a plastic lens mount on the A2, unlike my original A lens model. At least it comes with a set screw :)

Thanks TonyM, sorry to here that it's plastic. Good luck trying to keep it focused correctly.

Yes, you can live view the M2 using the supplied AV wiring harness if you attach the yellow RCA video plug that came with the M1.
I must be missing something. The rca cable that comes with the M1 has female plugs. My TV also has female AV sockets. Do I now need another male/male adapter?
Screenshot_20180214-063147-01.jpeg

I must be missing something. The rca cable that comes with the M1 has female plugs. My TV also has female AV sockets. Do I now need another male/male adapter?
View attachment 36455
I did order this item on Jan 9 and I haven't receive it yet but when I do I will recheck the focus on my Mobius 2. I hope it didn't get lost.

How far away should I be when I refocus or check the focus?

Last edited:
For a 4mm lens I would start by focusing on something about 3-4m away. That should be enough to keep distant objects reasonably sharp. Things closer than 2m may start to appear soft.

A good subject to focus on is something with clearly defined edges, such as trees without leaves. Aiming through a window to a bright scene outdoors is usually easier than focusing indoors.

I am waiting on this to check my focus.

When I get the cable what do I need to do and what not to do?

No, No No!! :banghead: There's a much better focusing method! Use the AV wiring harness that comes with the M1 camera along with the compatible RCA breakput cable adapter that came with the M1 wiring harness (which should also have been provided with the M2:mad:) and then use it to hook the camera up to the AV input on an HDTV for focusing. Much less stress, much less time involved and a much better shot at getting the focus correct.

I will never understand the notion of trial and error focusing. Madness! :arghh:
Hi , every one , i have M1 and M2 , M1 gives video out , M2 doesn't with the same cable.:( and i would like to change the lens , with one i have already...

Hi , every one , i have M1 and M2 , M1 gives video out , M2 doesn't with the same cable.:( and i would like to change the lens , with one i have already...

The M2 will provide the same analogue video output as the M1 if you use the proper cables and connect them properly.

Use the FPV (AV) wiring harness that comes with the M2 camera along with the compatible (yellow) RCA breakout cable adapter that came with the M1 wiring harness. Then use it to hook the camera up to the AV input on an HDTV for focusing.
Make sure you connect the M1 and M2 cables so the wiring polarity is correct (black to black - yellow to yellow).

This will ONLY work with the dedicated M2 wiring harness along with the M1 RCA cable. This is because the M2 requires a 10 pin mini-B USB connector. The original M1 version of the wiring harness has a 5 pin mini-B connector so it will not provide the proper connection and therefore won't work.

fpvcables.jpg

Mobius-AV-cables.jpg

Last edited:
Back