Mobius Auto record on ext power on stopped working

R

rick2014

Hi – Looking for some help here with a strange problem I am having with my Mobius V3 HD 1080.

I have been using it as a dashcam with no problems for some 9 months. – Great bit of kit!
Inadvertently when washing the vehicle it got wet, splashed not immersed, and it stopped working. Opening it up there was a very small amount of water inside. I disconnected the battery and left it to dry.

Once dry every thing works correctly EXCEPT it will no longer auto record on external (non PC) power on as it previously did. It just comes on to standby, (steady yellow LED). Pressing the shutter button does NOT initiate recording.

With the power on auto record set to both, the same no record on ext power on, but with no ext power connected pressing the power button switches it on and auto recording starts.

The battery does charge but I am not seeing the green LED charging indication illuminated.

What I have tried so far.
Battery is OK charges to 4.25 volt & holds charge. ( have a supercap also, that makes no difference)
Pressed the reset button a few times – no change
Re loaded the latest 2.33 software – no change
Loaded previous 2.25 software – no change
Re loaded the latest 2.33 software again – no change
Ran Msetup repeated times with different parameters trying both video mode 2 as well as 1 – no change
Downloaded the syscfg.txt from the camera to the card to check it was correctly set by msetup – it was.
Tried a different SD card – no change
Tried several different USB cables – no change

I’m going bald with head scratching, any ideas or anything I have missed will be very welcome.

Back