Mobius Camera Won't Auto Power On

Twigmen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

I've had two Mobius cameras in a Citroen for a couple of months now powered by mini hardwire kits that work perfectly. I set them so they auto-record when the ignition turns on and turn off when I turn the car off.

I've bought another two to be used in a Volvo. However, I can not get one of the cameras to auto power on. It's definitely the camera, as the other one works with both hardwire kits while the other one works with neither. All four cameras use the same settings.

I've tried resetting the camera but to no avail.

Any ideas? Thanks

All new cameras?

Hi There,

I've bought another two to be used in a Volvo. However, I can not get one of the cameras to auto power on. It's definitely the camera, as the other one works with both hardwire kits while the other one works with neither. All four cameras use the same settings.

Any ideas? Thanks

All using the same firmware? Flash the troublesome camera (again).

Thanks for the replies.

All new cameras?

All were bought brand new from Joovuu.

All using the same firmware? Flash the troublesome camera (again).

I've never done anything with the firmware. They'll be the same firmware that were shipped with the cameras. What do you mean by flashing the troublesome camera?

I've never done anything with the firmware. They'll be the same firmware that were shipped with the cameras. What do you mean by flashing the troublesome camera?
Use the GUI and reinstall or update the camera with the latest firmware again.

Are they all the same firmware version now?

The one that isn't working is using the same firmware as the other in the Volvo that does work.

Okay, I will reinstall and update the firmware. Thanks.

I have the same issue, sit it for 2 days and it wont auto start anymore unless power cycled, not sdcard, tried 4 now.

I have noticed that 2 out of my 4 mobius cams started doing the same thing, not all the time but once in awhile, it seems that since upgrading to v2.25, that's when I noticed this started...if I turn off the ignition and then back on, there is no problem , all 4 work...

I've installed the new firmware but it still doesn't work.
Now, when I press the on button, all that happens is the LED on the top of the camera flashes blue once.

Just how do I reflash the firmware using the Mobius USB Config App, I am presently using v2.25, and was thinking maybe the cams had a brain fart and need to be reflashed with the firmware, but I don't see an area in the Mobius USB Config, to do a reflashing...

I've installed the new firmware but it still doesn't work.
Now, when I press the on button, all that happens is the LED on the top of the camera flashes blue once.

The "power-on" feature is likely set on "delayed" ( hold power button for 4-5 seconds to turn on). Check and set it to "fast".

Just how do I reflash the firmware using the Mobius USB Config App, I am presently using v2.25, and was thinking maybe the cams had a brain fart and need to be reflashed with the firmware, but I don't see an area in the Mobius USB Config, to do a reflashing...
Just reinstall it under "Tools" in the Windows GUI

Yes, I looked in that area, maybe I am missing it, can you be more specific.. Thanks
image.jpg
Where it says available firmware version. Click on the one you want and click Install

View attachment 10049
Where it says available firmware version. Click on the one you want and click Install
Oh I see, that's why I am not seeing it, I was using the App on my Samsung note 4 edge smart phone, so I am gonna have to bring the laptop to the truck... Thanks...

You could also do it manually by copyingthe file to your sd card root directory

have you tried swapping the memory cards?

I had 2 power on issues.
The first was caused by the memory card

the second still happens every once in awhile but it DOES auto power on most of the time.

Same problem here, the camera was fine to start with but has got progressively worse. Im running the latest FW with a Kingston sd card. The green light does not always come on when it fails, then occasionally it will light for around 2 seconds and nothing else. Im not sure this is not temperature related, as its colder here in England now I find the camera will come back to life once its been warmed by the heater in the car and will be fine the rest of the day but this could be coincidence. Ive tried the battery and a super cap and a different power supply.

I seem to be having the problem since upgrading to the latest firmware, on one camera , I also get a green light, then it goes into recording mode..sometimes, 1 of the 4 cams won't power on at all, I am thinking of restoring an older version, where I didn't get this issue..does anyone else think it might be firmware related...btw, I am using the recommended Kingston 32 gb cards in all 4 cams...each card formatted in the cam it's in...

Back