Mobius C2 Help

@Dashmellow @jokiin Hello guys. The battery arrived today, and I fitted it and it made no difference. The yellow light remains on when recieving external power. So now can rule out the battery and memory card. Next steps?

I will repeat once again what I said to you last August. "Troubleshooting a problem is a process of methodically eliminating the possibilities. In this case, it is either the camera's physical integrity and electronics, the camera's firmware, the memory card, the battery, the cable or the power supply. Eliminate each possibility one by one and you will find where the problem lies."

There is not much more advice anyone can give you about which "Next Steps" to take other than to recommend that you methodically eliminate each problem listed above? Frankly, it puzzles me that after all this time you do not yet appear to have taken these steps and are now asking what to do.

It can be normal for the yellow light to remain on when receiving external power. A solid yellow LED simply means the camera is in standby and waiting for instructions. What happens when you press the power button with the yellow light on?.....or the shutter or mode buttons? Also, if the yellow light is on and the camera is connected to your computer you may need to turn it off and then reboot it for it to be recognized in the menu of the mSetup app.

Last edited:
@Dashmellow @jokiin Hello guys. The battery arrived today, and I fitted it and it made no difference. The yellow light remains on when recieving external power. So now can rule out the battery and memory card. Next steps?

@Dashmellow @Jokin is very stubborn. He does not want to recognize that the mobies just broke. I have the same problem. I tried everything and nobody helped me. Mobius failed when I plugged it in to the mobile phone charger. So I got two mobius broken. You can not connect to the charger even though they allow it. Now I have a loss like you ..

@Dashmellow @Jokin is very stubborn. He does not want to recognize that the mobies just broke. I have the same problem. I tried everything and nobody helped me. Mobius failed when I plugged it in to the mobile phone charger. So I got two mobius broken. You can not connect to the charger even though they allow it. Now I have a loss like you ..

I'm not the one with Mobius problems even though I do own quite a few of them. I was only trying to offer @Raj123 some guidance.

Mobius cameras have a history of being very reliable and when there is a problem, usually there is some external cause like a bad memory card or battery or power cable, etc. Sometimes they do fail though but it is rare. I guess it could be that both of your cameras and @Raj123's camera have failed but you need to go through all the troubleshooting steps to find out for certain what is wrong. I think it would be unusual for both of your two different Mobius cameras to fail in the exact same way though unless something happened to them to cause the failure.

At this point I would recommend that you and @Raj123 trying resetting the cameras. Remove the batteries for approximately 60 seconds. Then put the battery back in and install the firmware again from scratch. For good measure you could also try pressing the reset button before using mSetup (the most recent version) to program all the settings you want and see if this makes any difference. Make sure to reformat the memory cards or better yet try new ones.

I don't think @jokiin is being stubborn. He's really saying the same things I've been saying but maybe in a slightly different way. He too is trying to be helpful.

Last edited:

not sure what you're referring to, maybe you misunderstand how to troubleshoot a problem

I've tried everything. Mobius does not connect to a computer. Do not connect the mobius to the mobile charger, it may fail. Now I bought a new
PCB Circuit Board

Hi guys. I've dug out my very first mobius to do some investigate work.

When iit has a battery inside, it turns on and starts to auto record,, however, after one pulse of the yellow led it turns off. battery is fully charged.

Memory card is formatted to fat32.

Ribbon cables are attached, tried diff usb cable and power supply.

Anything I can do?

When iit has a battery inside, it turns on and starts to auto record,, however, after one pulse of the yellow led it turns off. battery is fully charged.

Anything I can do?

As I suggested in my last post you should try a different microSD card. The one you are using may be defective, counterfeit or simply incompatible with the Mobius. Use a good quality, brand name card purchased from a reliable vendor. There are MANY authentic looking fakes on the market.

Hi @Dashmellow

Have tried 3 different microsd cards

You had not previously mentioned that as one of the troubleshooting steps you took. Hopefully, they are genuine cards and not counterfeit or don't have some other defect or compatibility issue. That often turns out to be the problem when people report issues like this.

This is the very first issue listed in the Mobius Instruction Manual troubleshooting section which happens to sounds quite like the description of the problem as it was reported by you yesterday.

troubleshooting.png

Anything I can do?
Are you able to connect it to a computer? Does it appear in mSetup?

Have you formatted the card IN THE CAMERA? IF you can't access the camera via mSetup, the format procedure is described in the manual.

I just spent over half an hour looking at your Mobius PCB wondering why it looked different to any of mine, or any others I found online :confused:
Then I found the new V6 PCB on sale at the developer's ebay outlet and it looks exactly like yours :rolleyes:

Are you able to connect it to a computer? Does it appear in mSetup?

Have you formatted the card IN THE CAMERA? IF you can't access the camera via mSetup, the format procedure is described in the manual.

Heya @TonyM ! No- it isnt recognised by the computer when I plug it in. I havbe a 64bgb card which was formatted before to exfat, however I formatted it to FAT32. Made no difference. Tried to do the in camera format - however when I plug in into a power source the yellow light stays on. I press the reset light to make it chanrge - but then holding the mode button and disconnecting power does nothing.

@Dashmellow . I've tried everything! Every single memory card has the same issue. Even when turning in on without external ower it does one blink of the yellow and red led and turns off. It then doesnt respond until you press the reset button. :(

Also forgot to add if I dont press the reset button it gets hot by itself even though it is not on. Have tried using 3 different batteries I have too and a super cap , makes no diff

Also forgot to add if I dont press the reset button it gets hot by itself even though it is not on. Have tried using 3 different batteries I have too and a super cap , makes no diff
It should never get hot by itself when it is not turned on! There's possibly a short-circuit inside somewhere. Take a look at this post on the Mobius 1 forum at RCG to see if it applies to your camera. Carefully check all over for dirt, fluff, debris etc that might be affecting performance. Has the camera ever become wet?

Have you tried removing the battery and powering the camera with external power? Use a power-only source such as a phone charger, rather than a data USB source like a PC or laptop port.

Heya @TonyM ! No- it isnt recognised by the computer when I plug it in. I havbe a 64bgb card which was formatted before to exfat, however I formatted it to FAT32. Made no difference. Tried to do the in camera format - however when I plug in into a power source the yellow light stays on. I press the reset light to make it chanrge - but then holding the mode button and disconnecting power does nothing.

@Dashmellow . I've tried everything! Every single memory card has the same issue. Even when turning in on without external ower it does one blink of the yellow and red led and turns off. It then doesnt respond until you press the reset button. :(

If you've methodically gone through every possible troubleshooting step as I've suggested, and it sounds like you have, then perhaps the time has come to bite the bullet and purchase a replacement PCB?

Last edited:
It should never get hot by itself when it is not turned on! There's possibly a short-circuit inside somewhere. Take a look at this post on the Mobius 1 forum at RCG to see if it applies to your camera. Carefully check all over for dirt, fluff, debris etc that might be affecting performance. Has the camera ever become wet?

Have you tried removing the battery and powering the camera with external power? Use a power-only source such as a phone charger, rather than a data USB source like a PC or laptop port.

Has never become wet! I've tried using it also withmo batyery inside, but makes no difference.

Ive lost confidence in the mobius again... sp dont think ill be buying a new PCB again :(

@TonyM

I took the pcb out and ran it outside of the case - but it made no difference.

20180409_100642.jpg

20180409_100656.jpg

20180409_100610.jpg

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DMICS Mobius 27
R Mobius 6
L Mobius 1
Adi Mobius 7
S Mobius 3
Back