Mobius Cam wont connect to Windows 8.1

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new Mobius Action Cam wide lens (C) which works fine and connects to my Android phone, Win7 PC and laptop but is not properly recognised by my Win8.1 Dell laptop. I say properly as when I insert or unplug the USB, the laptop makes a 'ding' which I assume means it knows something has been connected/disconnected, but then nothing else happens. Any advice appreciated. The Mobius has been updated with the latest firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to read that second one out loud before I realised - yep - the story of my life with my mrs!

had a staff member that used to process shop repairs and send them out under fake names so we'd know they were store stock, Hugh Jorgasm, Craven Moorehead, that kind of thing

We used to get into a LOT of trouble in grade school doing exactly the same thing when we had a substitute teacher who didn't know the names of all the kids in the class. We would have to write our names down on a piece of paper that got passed around the room so the teacher could call attendance. Mike Hunt, Mike Hunt....where is Mike Hunt!? Of course, those of us in class who were laughing the hardest were always the ones who got sent to the Principal's office.

They stole that from us! We were doing that gag decades earlier! (and school kids were probably doing it decades before us)

Actually I think it was the late great English comedian Benny Hill who may have first used the name for one of his many characters 'Hugh Jarse' in TV sketches back in the 1970's. At least thats where I got it from. Oops, showing my age. Glad everyone enjoyed. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
USBoblivion didn't work, Mobius cam is still unrecognised. :-(

Must be a windows 8 thing. Roll on windows 10!
Hugh Jarse signing off.

I have a new Mobius Action Cam wide lens (C) which works fine and connects to my Android phone, Win7 PC and laptop but is not properly recognised by my Win8.1 Dell laptop. I say properly as when I insert or unplug the USB, the laptop makes a 'ding' which I assume means it knows something has been connected/disconnected, but then nothing else happens. Any advice appreciated. The Mobius has been updated with the latest firmware.

I am using Windows 8.1 on a Pc and i have no issues at all with the latest Mobius, what exactly isnt working ?? the Mobius setup software ?? webcam feature ?? external drive feature ?? all of it ??
The laptop is as you say recognizing something as it indicates with an audio que, once plugged in have you checked Start > right click > control panel > Devices and printers. to see if the mobius is visible once plugged in ??

The first time the Mobius is plugged in to a Pc/laptop the computer should indicate it is downloading relevant drivers, if not perhaps your Dell is configured to block that somehow, maybe anti virus software or a Dell security feature or even no internet connection present ??

To get to the bottom of an issue the more info provided the more accurate or meaningful the answer

Last edited:
Back