Mobius Camera Won't Auto Power On

I had a very similar problem to the OP's (I posted about it in that mega-long sticky support thread on this sub-forum). I had two cameras, two identical setups in two cars (I mean IDENTICAL - same cables from the vendor, same USB adaptor, same SD cards, same 2.25 firmware etc).

The 'good' camera worked fine in both cars. The 'bad' camera would not auto-start consistently in either car, and got progressively worse & worse. It also became progressively harder to start on the button. Having started with difficulty for the first time each day, it was generally OK the rest of the day. I tried swapping the SD cards, and trying an alternative, before you ask.

I ended up sending it back, haven't received a replacement yet. Interesting to see a spate of similar complaints from others...

I've just this morning received a newly-ordered Mobius for the back window & I'm really hoping this one does not have the same problem. It'd be utterly impractical to manually start a camera mounted back there.

View attachment 10049
Where it says available firmware version. Click on the one you want and click Install

i notice in your screen grab, that you show all of the FW versions, when i connect mine, all i have is the latest version v2.25....

in addition, i am not able to save custom settings i might make...

also everytime i want to use the Windows GUI, i have to select to RUN the program, is there a way to save the program on your computer...

Are these all V3 Mobii?

no, mines a V2. got it just before V3 was released, there seems to be an issue somewhere.

i notice in your screen grab, that you show all of the FW versions, when i connect mine, all i have is the latest version v2.25....

in addition, i am not able to save custom settings i might make...

also everytime i want to use the Windows GUI, i have to select to RUN the program, is there a way to save the program on your computer...

You need to unzip the program into a folder.

This could well be how windows is configured. I find Win8.1 particularly tiresome in this respect.

Back