Mobius Hardwire

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A139, M1S
Can anyone advise whether switching to a 2-wire (ACC & GND) hardwire kit is more (or less) reliable than using a USB adapter? Does a hardwire kit have an inline capacitor to provide a more consistent power supply than the 12v circuit?

Last edited:
I've just remembered that I have a dedicated dashcam battery which I use with a 3-wire HW kit for the A139. It occurred to me that I could connect a USB cable to the battery to provide an uninterrupted power supply to a Mobius camera that doesn't drop out on startup. Whilst I shouldn't have to use a £200 dedicated battery to fix a £60 camera, it's already in the car so I might try it.
Edit - removed brand reference to the battery

Last edited:
Sounds like an advertisement for the battery TonyM.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Abraham Lincoln

Sounds like an advertisement for the battery TonyM.
Sorry it came across that way. I've removed references to the actual battery. It was a genuine question about whether a Mobius camera is more reliable if powered by a hardwire kit rather than a 12v to USB adapter.

As I wrote the first post, I remembered that the battery came with a USB socket that I've never used. It's not the answer I was looking for but could be a workaround for one of my Mobius cameras, at the expense of disconnecting my side cameras.

I just found out that Mobius have been selling a hardwire kit, available in mini-USB and USB-C variants: https://www.ebay.com/itm/185516253725
It seems rather basic though, with the low voltage cut-off fixed at 11.6V.

Back