Mobius has been off for 4 hours, warm to touch still?!? Eeeek!

Jim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jim
If you have the recording lights set to OFF it may actually still be on? Just a thought.

Reactions: Jim
Internal battery - a bit over an hour, but who knows how it's set up

Hi Jim I posted this on the RC forum on the 29th Sep. I have returned it to the Chinese supplier.

This is some feedback for the people using the Mobius as a dashcam.
I have used this camera as a dashcam for the last four weeks in South Eastern Australia. The spring weather has been mild and inside car temps have not been to hot. I have done all the updates and formatting via the desktop GUI. It has worked perfectly till yesterday when for some unknown reason I got the blue light of death. It will no longer turn on and the computer will no longer recognise it. I have tried a hard reset with a paper clip, which when connected to a charger allowed the green battery charging light to come on. After a full charge the green light went out but when I attempted to turn the camera on the blue light came on for a moment then that was it. What happened next was interesting for anyone else who finds themselves in this situation. I left the camera on the desk and when I pick it up some hours later the heatsinks were quite warm. I cannot explain why this would happen. Anyway after giving this camera great wraps to my friends I am devastated it has died. I don't think I will be buying another one to use as a dashcam, especially with the Australian Summer fast approaching.

Mines gone into complete melt down and has fried itself !

About 2 weeks and running in the car with all the accessories from supplier ? It's been working fine but all of a sudden burning smell and I disconnected from 12v charger and kept on getting hotter after I disconnected it ? And stayed hot for at least a couple of hours?

Hi Jim I posted this on the RC forum on the 29th Sep. I have returned it to the Chinese supplier.

This is some feedback for the people using the Mobius as a dashcam.
I have used this camera as a dashcam for the last four weeks in South Eastern Australia. The spring weather has been mild and inside car temps have not been to hot. I have done all the updates and formatting via the desktop GUI. It has worked perfectly till yesterday when for some unknown reason I got the blue light of death. It will no longer turn on and the computer will no longer recognise it. I have tried a hard reset with a paper clip, which when connected to a charger allowed the green battery charging light to come on. After a full charge the green light went out but when I attempted to turn the camera on the blue light came on for a moment then that was it. What happened next was interesting for anyone else who finds themselves in this situation. I left the camera on the desk and when I pick it up some hours later the heatsinks were quite warm. I cannot explain why this would happen. Anyway after giving this camera great wraps to my friends I am devastated it has died. I don't think I will be buying another one to use as a dashcam, especially with the Australian Summer fast approaching.

I returned this camera to the supplier and it was replaced, I did not reinstall it in the car. I now have a Vico Vation TF2 and it has not faulted.
The Mobius is in the drawer waiting for the mythical super capacitor to be released.

I returned this camera to the supplier and it was replaced, I did not reinstall it in the car. I now have a Vico Vation TF2 and it has not faulted.
The Mobius is in the drawer waiting for the mythical super capacitor to be released.
So the battery caused this? Otherwise, what changes would a super capacitor do?

What is the firmware you are using? Hopefully this is not caused by some FW bug; my Mobius has the latest FW and I do not want to loose it like this.

Back