Mobius intermittent video corruption

francelife23

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pair of Mobius cameras mounted in the car, upgraded to the latest firmware with a 32Gb uSD. They are set to loop record in full resolution. They are powered by the original 2A 12v>USB 5V adaptor supplied with it which comes on with the ignition and auto-off's after 15s.

However when I put the memory cards into a computer only about half (if that) of the videos are playable - the rest are corrupt and won't even play in VLC. I have tried a couple of different cards and different settings (including with/without audio).

The videos are about 5 mins long (around 500Mb) each which is in accordance with the settings. When on, the camera shows correct indications (flashing LEDs) with no apparent problems shown.

Anyone got any ideas? Kind of pointless if it doesn't reliably record?!....

Have you tried a hard reset? Use the end of a paper clip in the little hole to the left of the red LED indicator on the back of the camera.

Are you saying BOTH cameras are doing this? Perhaps it might be something with your computer rather than the cameras or perhaps you need to make sure NONE of your cards are counterfeits or corrupted in some way.

I 'spose it could be the cosmic ray thing. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried a different computer? I would also try reformatting the card. As Dashmellow says, it would be very weird for both to have the same problem

Yea I agree it is strange with 2 cameras. I am checking the cards first then might try the hard reset...thanks for the suggestions...oh and I will try my linux laptop too

Definitely try GJHS' suggestion to reformat the cards. I didn't think to mention it but it is certainly a tried and true rule of thumb fix-it in situations like this. Use the GUI and format the cards in the camera though rather than with your computer.

Cheers - have formatted them and will take them out for a spin, fingers crossed for some improvement!

Back