Mobius Maxi Support Thread

No Mobius cameras come with 3 meter cables. That's always been a separate purchase option since the camera is not sold as a dedicated dash cam. Any quality 5pin USB-A to mini-B 28AWG or heavier cable will work up to 5 meters long.

I still haven't had any problems with any cables purchased from Monoprice https://www.monoprice.com/ . This includes cables for every thing you can practically think of.
This brings up a question, Is there a cheap naming tag of some sort one can place on these cables. I mean a cheap tool to make them and connect to the cable permanently?

Last edited:
CCA cables ( Cobber Clad Aluminum ) this typically signal cheap ass cable, and it was one such cable that made it so i didet get a recording of me getting rear ended,,,, and of course my own stupidity and laziness cuz i knew of the problem weeks ahead of the accident.

I still haven't had any problems with any cables purchased from Monoprice https://www.monoprice.com/ . This includes cables for every thing you can practically think of.
This brings up a question, Is there a cheap naming tag of some sort one can place on these cables. I mean a cheap tool to make them and connect to the cable permanently?

For the four cables in my truck I've just used small round white adhesive stickers from the stationary store applied to one side of the plugs. I write the letters F (front) B (back) L (left) R (right) on the stickers to designate which camera each cable belongs to. So, I put the sticker on one side of the USB-A plugs and a corresponding sticker on one side of my USB 12V charger adapters. This makes it easy to determine the correct orientation to insert in the USB-A plug without having to spend a lot of time figuring it out each time I connect them. The only problem with this method is that the stickers have a tendency to occasionally fall off after a few weeks or months. I just replace them from a sheet of stickers I keep in my glove-box but I suppose I could just get some better stickers.

The other thing I've done is to put a spot of cheap nail polish on each plug using four different colors to match a corresponding spot of color I apply to one side of each USB adapter. My truck has two side by side 12V sockets, so marking each port of each adapter makes it easier to orient the plugs and know where each camera is plugged in. This way if I ever have an issue with any of the cameras I know which plug to check.

Last edited:
For the four cables in my truck I've just used small round white adhesive stickers from the stationary store applied to one side of the plugs. I write the letters F (front) B (back) L (left) R (right) on the stickers to designate which camera each cable belongs to. So, I put the sticker on one side of the USB-A plugs and a corresponding sticker on one side of my USB 12V charger adapters. This makes it easy to determine the correct orientation to insert in the USB-A plug without having to spend a lot of time figuring it out each time I connect them. The only problem with this method is that the stickers have a tendency to occasionally fall off after a few weeks or months. I just replace them from a sheet of stickers I keep in my glove-box but I suppose I could just get some better stickers.

The other thing I've done is to put a spot of cheap nail polish on each plug using four different colors to match a corresponding spot of color I apply to one side of each USB adapter. My truck has two side by side 12V sockets, so marking each port of each adapter makes it easier to orient the plugs and know where each camera is plugged in. This way if I ever have an issue with any of the cameras I know which plug to check.

That is a simple and great idea (simple is always better), I had thought about using permanent markers, but I don't think that stuff would be as good as your nail polish idea :cool:.

That is a simple and great idea (simple is always better), I had thought about using permanent markers, but I don't think that stuff would be as good as your nail polish idea :cool:.

I buy nail polish at the local dollar store so it's cheap enough to buy several colors. I use it for all kinds of stuff like marking tools. I'm especially fond of the neon florescent green (and red) polish I found which also works great on certain pistol sights.

Last edited:
What do you do with the included TV-out cable? I can not figure out what it could plug into.

What do you do with the included TV-out cable? I can not figure out what it could plug into.

If you buy a set of Mobius AV break-out cables (wiring harness) you can plug your Maxi into an HDTV, a monitor or any other device with analogue video and audio inputs. You can also power your Maxi with any external 5V source such as a power bank.

It's not clear why Mobius includes this wiring harness without the required RCA or USB plugs with the Maxi, but they don't. I brought this subject up to Mobius when I evaluated the M2 which also doesn't come with the required components to connect it to anything other than for FPV use and received an unsatisfactory answer.

You can buy the AV wiring harness from eletoponline365 and elsewhere. Banggood currently sells it for $3.17 USD.
av_harness.jpg

If you buy a set of Mobius AV break-out cables (wiring harness) you can plug your Maxi into an HDTV, a monitor or any other device with analogue video and audio inputs. You can also power your Maxi with any external 5V source such as a power bank.

You can buy the AV wiring harness from eletoponline365 and elsewhere. Banggood currently sells it for $3.17 USD.
Are you positive the tv out cables work on the maxi? Sometimes parts that fit one model do not work with another model.

Are you positive the tv out cables work on the maxi? Sometimes parts that fit one model do not work with another model.
Myself and others have used them with the Maxi, so yes they do work.

What @TonyM said. The AV wiring harness happens to work with ALL Mobius cameras including the M2, the Mini, the Maxi, the M1 and the #16 key chain cam.

Why cant my win 10 PC see my maxi as webcam, its just fine right there under devises and fully functional according to windows, but still i cant get it to work.

Why cant my win 10 PC see my maxi as webcam, its just fine right there under devises and fully functional according to windows, but still i cant get it to work.

something odd about the iCatch drivers I think it was that @Isoprop mentioned, he might be able to confirm

I just focused the new lens with trial and error, took about 10 X as long as it needed to take, but i think i got there just need daylight to confirm.

I don't know if it's the iCatch drivers or Windows, but I have no problem with the Maxi being recognized as a webcam on numerous Win10 machines I've tried. However, the camera locks up when disconnecting from webcam mode on some of my Win10 machines. The developer is aware of the problem but it may not be fixable in firmware unless the chip manufacturer modifies the codes. There's no problem with Win7.
I assume you've enabled webcam mode in Win10 under Settings->Privacy->(App Permissions)Camera?

I'm still not a big fan of Win10, too many things just don't work as they should. I'm hoping all the glitches will be fixed by 2020 when support for Win7 ends.

Linux would be the best alternative but the programmers have to write the software for it and that hasn't happened yet. It takes a lot of people to start requesting it like I have been doing, 2020 is not far away so if people don't want to be left dead in the water they better start requesting it! Don't expect Microsoft to come in and help out, they can't even get windows 10 working correctly, it's dead software but people don't realize that yet! MS has purchased a Linux company but since Linux is normally free and they sure as hell won't go the free route, don't expect anything from them!

Hi
When the mobius1 is connected to msetup, after clicking the required settings, I click 'set parameters' and the cam is disconnected...

As for the mobius maxi, I can continue adjusting and click 'set parameters' but the camera does not disconnect which is good.

Can this be implemented on the mobius1? If not, we will have to disconnect and reconnect it...

Also, I did not see 'power on auto record'-button only for the maxi.

Last edited:
Hi
When the mobius1 is connected to msetup, after clicking the required settings, I click 'set parameters' and the cam is disconnected...

As for the mobius maxi, I can continue adjusting and click 'set parameters' but the camera does not disconnect which is good.

Can this be implemented on the mobius1? If not, we will have to disconnect and reconnect it...

The Maxi and Mobius 1 have different OS, so I do not think it is possible to implement that function on the M1.

The Maxi option in mSetup for Auto Record External Power is on the first menu tab.

1534723289893.png

The Maxi and Mobius 1 have different OS, so I do not think it is possible to implement that function on the M1.

The Maxi option in mSetup for Auto Record External Power is on the first menu tab.
I'm looking for 'power on-auto record': button only for the maxi, not external power.

I'm looking for 'power on-auto record': button only for the maxi, not external power.
Sorry I misunderstood your question.

Auto record from button only would be a good option to have in a later firmware update.

Hi

Yes, you can prevent mSetup from disconnecting the camera after setting the parameters. The setting will then apply to the #16, M1 and M2.

1. Click the 'Tools' button.
2. Click 'Advanced Settings'.
3. Under 'Safely Remove Device after setting parameters' to 'No'.
4. Click 'OK'
5. Back on the 'Tools' dialog, click 'Exit'.

Back