Mobius Maxi Support Thread

I have tried to unplug all USB but no change

Okay i got it working, seem like i did not unplug all USB plugs in my first try ( did have the troublemaking maxi unplugged of course, but i needed all the other USB plugs too )

Damn what a scare, though i an about to upgrade my PC, then i really wanted to donate this old PC to my friend as he actually need a new computer more than i do as he are on a botton line dual core office computer with like 0 performance.
This core I7 / 32 Gb ram / GTX 570 will be a substantial upgrade for him, all he need to buy are OS and CPU cooler as i need to recycle my H2O cooling for new build.

I will throw in my old Gigabyte aurora ALU case, cuz i dont need a backup computer now that i am not into overclocking.

11-233-003-02.JPG

Check boot order in Bios.
Make sure USB/SSD is not first.

Glad you got it fired up.

All done now, and in well into the BIOS as a old avid overclocker i have spent many hours in BIOS + i did press the clear CMOS button too, so had to get in there to set boot order.
Still scared the living hell out of me with a board that unresponsive :eek: i had other USB things plugged in like that but none did what the Maxi did today, normally they just charge even if COMP is off otherwise as 5 V rail are still live.
Better swing by the bank and make sure they are still up for lending me the money for the upgrade, and get the money on my account ready for use, most things are lined up in local B&M stores, just got to get Ryzen cooling head from the UK, new hose and fluids i will also get locally.

I dont know i have only touched a fruit product once a few years back, and that was my nices phone to take a picture.

Would using a powered USB hub provide a bit of "isolation"? At least if Mobius breaks that it's much cheaper to replace than a mother board.

Powered USB 3 hub

I dont think there are any danger of blowing the motherboard, but it did trigger mine to lock up in some weird way.
But that was easy solved by removing all USB plugs in the computer ( i have quite a few ) and then it would boot just fine, i then just shut down again and plugged all my USB devises back in.

The port the camera was on at the time was one of the Lian li case USB 2.0 ports connected to a header on the motherboard, so i think what the camera did was topple the always on USB System, that normally work just fine as i had phone and other things charging from the PC when its been off overnight, and this never happened before.

Probably missed the solution somewhere but the file naming convention is just plain weird :)
I just mounted my Maxi to the windshield post at about a 45 degree angle (just because :) ).
Started up the camera in Photo mode, Interval (3 seconds) and went up to the gas station.
Shut off power when I got there, then started back up for the trip home.
The file names appear to be time stamped, starting when turned on.
On the second power up the time stamp started from the same point. If the second set of 3 second photos hit the same time stamp it assigned a -01 to the file name.
Here is a screen shot of the files. It's obvious that the two trips are intermingled. Sure glad I don't drive an Uber :)
The white Mark 8 is in my drive. The gas pumps are not :)
2-trips.jpg

IMAGE RESIZED from 2704X1524 to 1470X839. No processing.
ScreenShot Maxi_1.jpgPic parameters.jpg

Last edited:
This gets really funny with the more picture series you take :)
Ran pointed out front door, shut off/then on turned 180 degrees.
Repeated for 4 series of pictures. Upright, upside down, left side, right side.
4_picture_series.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, is it the version A or B lens that can be removed and change? Thanks.

Hi, is it the version A or B lens that can be removed and change? Thanks.
Lens B module has the longer barrel with set screw

Is boblov an official dealer?

Am I correct in believing that the b lens is better for car use?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283043540972
The seller @estore009 is a member on DCT.

I would recommend lens B for dashcam use, primarily because it has a faster F1.5 aperture.

The ebay ad doesn't say if it comes with a battery or capacitor. I noticed some other boblov Maxi advertised on ebay that say they are the capacitor version.

Last edited:
Does the 3 meter USB cable for the mobius (1) and the #16 camera also work for the Mobius MAXI?
As I understand it the MAXI only comes with a 12" cable.

3 Meter Car Charging Cable for Mobius ActionCam Sport Camera #16 Pocket Recorder | eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/151072001797

I am using mine in the car with a 1.5 M USB cable and that work just fine, but yeah the MAxi only come with a little cable to charge it and get files off the camers if you dont have a card reader

No Mobius cameras come with 3 meter cables. That's always been a separate purchase option since the camera is not sold as a dedicated dash cam. Any quality 5pin USB-A to mini-B 28AWG or heavier cable will work up to 5 meters long.

Last edited:
Back