Mobius Maxi Support Thread

Looks like something for @Isoprop to comment on

As Dashmellow said, you can do it manually with a syscfg file. But you should be able to use mSetup too.

FWIW, I think the cameras are being shipped with v1.86 already installed.

Because I run Windows as a virtual machine under OSX, auto firmware updating doesn't work. I use the recommended manual method, not a syscfg file.

manual.jpg

Have you tried deleting msetup and downloading/installing it again, possible it has been corrupted. If you do this be sure to delete your current version on computer first.

Because I run Windows as a virtual machine under OSX, auto firmware updating doesn't work. I use the recommended manual method, not a syscfg file.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. Yes, you can use the manual method for firmware update with the .BRN file. Then edit the syscfg2 file in a text editor to adjust the parameters.

FWIW, in testing out the Maxi, I encounter periodic random corrupted
Sorry, I should have been clearer. Yes, you can use the manual method for firmware update with the .BRN file. Then edit the syscfg2 file in a text editor to adjust the parameters.

You don't need to "edit" anything. Once you update the firmware manually it can be configured in mSetup. MSetup works perfectly running under a Windows VM, including auto program updates. For some reason the only thing that does not work is the firmware update function. It's been a known issue going back to at least the early days of the M1.

Last edited:
Deleting the GUI and reinstall it i have been thinking about, but for now i have used the test file to make a few changes so i can get recording / testing.
But of course i would want the GUI to work for me, so i will do battle with that later tonight, and probably get to bed too late despite i have a TEC visit tomorrow to try and figure out why my upload have dropped 90 % for a few hours two days in a row.
TEC might show up early ( 07:30 ) very late in relation to the times i have been able to fall asleep lately, but at least i have then been able to sleep longer than a few hours.

Giving up are not a option. :giggle:

kamkar,
What operating system are you using? You probably said earlier.
My Windows 10 blocked the access to the camera.
I got the Mobiu results until I allowed apps to access the camera (any camera).
Seems "Camera" can be specifically turned on or off.

You don't need to "edit" anything. Once you update the firmware manually it can be configured in mSetup. MSetup works perfectly running under a Windows VM, including auto program updates. For some reason the only thing that does not work is the firmware update function. It been a known issue going back to at least the early days of the M1.
OK, I guess I still wasn't communicating very well. I realise I replied to you, but I was trying to say that kamkar1 could manually update the firmware then edit his syscfg2 file, since he cannot use mSetup with the Maxi at the moment. Sorry for the confusion.

I am on win 10 too, did not think of that so will have a look at it later, i do know the regular old mobius i can do just fine, i had it plugged in a few weeks ago.

Okay i have fixed the issue, seem like it was win 10 settings for camera that did me in.
But i am happy to report that everything are now hunkey-dorey :cool:

Okay i have fixed the issue, seem like it was win 10 settings for camera that did me in.
But i am happy to report that everything are now hunkey-dorey :cool:

I'm glad you found the problem and fixed it, Windows 10 strikes again!

Yes.
I have not really had problems with OS before, but the latest win 10 update also killed of the screen recorder program that is part of pinnacle studio 20 ultimate.

Hell back in the day i even had good experiences with win me, the hate many have for that OS version i cant really follow.
Sure i did a lot of reinstall back then, but it was also in the same period i messed around in the bowls of windows, so every time something went wrong it was most often right after i messed around with things i dont really understand.

Yes i see the top one when it is plugged in, and a window of drive content pop up, in this mode i can update the firmware.
If i press shutter button i get the below picture but here it just say mobi,,,,,, unknown camera type, in this mode i can not update firmware as install button in GUI are "muted" and it say "No camera have been selected"

The camera record fine mode 1 1080/60 - 21 mbit / mode 2 720/120 - 20 mbit

But i just cant get to do any changes with the GUI due to that error.

Have tried camera reset button too.

it's a false positive, when you connect the camera it is in mass storage mode and you get a message to update the firmware when you already have the same firmware, need to be in webcam mode for Msetup to work, a bit counter intuitive, press the shutter button after connecting and then it's business as usual

Yes after i messed around in windows, before that pressing the shutter button was just a dead end street.

I am glad i dident get as far as deleting msetup to reinstall it.

Now if i could just get win 10 to stop blocking or whatever it do to my screen recorder, reinstalling that dont work as i have already tried that.

Your virus protection is preventing apps from making changes to protected folders.
You have to allow each and every app a pass to go through the Virus protection.

The .exe file for the app you want to use needs to be added as an exception.
Virus and Threat Protection, settings.

Why did they make it so darn hard for some software to come in and make changes?
:)

The Mac has had a technology built into the OS for years now called Gatekeeper which does code signing and verification. The nice thing about it is that even a slightly knowledgeable user can open up the permissions levels and even eliminate any protections entirely of one chose to do that. It's a good security measure because if the OS doesn't recognize the software you want to install or changes it wants to make it won't let you unless you say it's OK.

One interesting feature of running Windows as a VM on the Mac is that Windows is protected by the Mac security tools, even aftermarket ones (like my reverse firewall) before anything can get to it or away from it.

The maxi just took out my entire computer, connected it to USB on the turned off computer, after a little while the maxi turned off.
But now I can not turn on my computer, have tried om board power and reset bottoms, and clear cmos button too, all to no avail

The maxi just took out my entire computer, connected it to USB on the turned off computer, after a little while the maxi turned off.
But now I can not turn on my computer, have tried om board power and reset bottoms, and clear cmos button too, all to no avail
:eek:

Remove power. Remove USB devices (camera).
Apply power. Turn on.
Any activity?

Just measure / test psu, and it is fine on all rails.
Tried remove cmos battery.
Nothing on the Asus p8z77-v deluxe mother board work, including the 2 digit numerical readout.
Even tried jumping the atx plug while in motherboard, this do make psu start, but motherboard do nothing.

BTW MA Xi camera appear to be fine.

Back