Mobius Maxi Support Thread

as of right now I can just keep film video stop it attch to computer look at it and then twist lens a little bit then shoot again and look again ... twist, film, look- twist film look twist film look twist film look and eventually I guess it will be a sharp focus? and if by eye It look sharp to me does that mean its OFFICAILLY Focused Properly and Calibrated Focus? I don't know what do you suggest.

Right now I have no AV cable.

that would be the way to do it right now

I cant get it to show up in WEB MODE on a PC running Windows and an iMac Pro, and Mac Book pro. I followed the instructions of http://mytempfiles.info/mobiusmaxi/MobiusMaxiManual.pdf and both methods for web mode do not work for any of my computers.
After the maxi is plugged into the computer click the left button. That changes the cam into webcam mode and allows msetup to work. It took me awhile to figure this step out myself.

The post I referred to was the quoted part here. --> "Your Maxi is focused too close - the edge of your dashboard is in focus, but the view beyond is not. You will need to screw the lens in clockwise a small amount, perhaps 1 or 2 degrees." This should help in knowing which way to go. Small focus adjustments appear to be necessary.

P.S. I will have to paint a black alignment stripe or 2 on my lens just in case it ever moves. I suspect your setscrew was not tightened down like it should have been at the factory.

When I change Maxi lenses, I refocus using video out via USB with the MobiusActionCam app.

Last edited:
as of right now I can just keep film video stop it attch to computer look at it and then twist lens a little bit then shoot again and look again ... twist, film, look- twist film look twist film look twist film look and eventually I guess it will be a sharp focus? and if by eye It look sharp to me does that mean its OFFICAILLY Focused Properly and Calibrated Focus? I don't know what do you suggest.

Right now I have no AV cable.

Sounds like trial and error will work OK for now but I would suggest ordering a Mobius AV cable set to use with the wiring harness that came with your Maxi. Only on-screen focusing will really allow you to achieve critical focus, precisely the way you want it.

Sounds like trial and error will work OK for now but I would suggest ordering a Mobius AV cable set to use with the wiring harness that came with your Maxi. Only on-screen focusing will really allow you to achieve critical focus, precisely the way you want it.

Hi, if I buy this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00GPWHQBSis this the correct AV Cable to use? I am confused as to where the "small connector end" actually plugs in? looking at the pictures - it looks like 4 cables one USB and other AV White, AV Yellow, and Mini USB and the other end of each of these 4 cables are these little square black connectors.. Where do these little black square / rectangle connectors actually plug into?

I don't understand why I cant get my Maxi into Web cam mode so that I can review the focusing in real time. I followed the directions option A and B as per the instructions here- http://mytempfiles.info/mobiusmaxi/MobiusMaxiManual.pdf (se below)
on a PC windows 10 as well as an iMac and Mac book pro. I clicked the shutter button and everything nothing gets it into Webcam mode". I don't understand why webcam mode is not working I must be doing something wrong...

instructions for entering was cam mode does not work.
these are the instructions and Both methods do not work after tying many times on 3 separate computers, one PC and others iMac Pro, and MacBook Pro.:
  1. Webcam Mode
    There are two ways in which you can enter webcam mode. Method 1:
    • Remove the SD card and connect the camera to the PC.
    • The camera will connect in webcam mode.
    • ► If this is the first time you are connecting the camera to the PC the operating
      system will attempt to install the iCatch drivers. This may take a few minutes.
    • If the drivers were installed correctly the camera should now be in USB camera mode.
      Method 2:
      • Connect the camera to the PC until it is in Removable Disk Mode. See above.
      • Very briefly press the Shutter button. The camera will exit Removable Disk Mode.
      • ► If this is the first time you are connecting the camera to the PC the operating
        system will attempt to install the iCatch drivers. This may take a few minutes.
      • If the drivers were installed correctly the camera should now be in webcam mode.

Last edited:
I don't understand why I cant get my Maxi into Web cam mode so that I can review the focusing in real time. I followed the directions option A and B as per the instructions here- http://mytempfiles.info/mobiusmaxi/MobiusMaxiManual.pdf
on a PC windows 10 as well as an iMac and Mac book pro. I clicked the shutter button and everything nothing gets it into Webcam mode". I don't understand why webcam mode is not working I must be doing something wrong

I don't quite understand why you can't get your Maxi to work in web cam mode either but eventually you'll figure it out with the help of other members here.

So, yes! That's the correct Mobius AV cable for $8.95 with free (Prime) shipping on Amazon from a reputable Mobius seller. You could also order the same AV cable direct from Eletoponline356, the Mobius direct sales outlet on eBay for $4.60 with free shipping and it will reliably arrive within 10 to 14 days from China.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/181166013424

TV Out Cable for Mobius Action Cam Sports Camera for FPV RC Drone
US$3.17 (may take awhile to get here)

where do the small black connectors on the AV cable actually plug into? as I explained:
I am confused as to where the "small connector end" actually plugs in? looking at the pictures - it looks like 4 cables one USB and other AV White, AV Yellow, and Mini USB and the other end of each of these 4 cables are these little square black connectors.. Where do these little black square / rectangle connectors actually plug into?

on the left those little black connectors where do they plug into??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 8.27.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 8.27.50 PM.png
    454 KB · Views: 3
where do the small black connectors on the AV cable actually plug into?
In the mobius maxi box there is a 3 wire conenctor that plugs into the mini-usb (charging) port of the mobius maxi. You would take the 3 single wires and plug them into the maxi wire harness that came with the camera. Then you would plug that into the mobius maxi and a video screen. I am reasonably sure the included 3 wire mini usb cable for the mobius 1 would not work with the mobius maxi.

In the mobius maxi box there is a 3 wire conenctor that plugs into the mini-usb (charging) port of the mobius maxi. You would take the 3 single wires and plug them into the maxi wire harness that came with the camera. Then you would plug that into the mobius maxi and a video screen. I am reasonably sure the included 3 wire mini usb cable for the mobius 1 would not work with the mobius maxi.

ok I see, thanks a lot for all the help

This is much more confusing to me the more and more I look at the cables that came with Maxi and the AV Cables you guys recommend I buy from Amazon or elsewhere and the AV Monitors being sold with male connectors hanging from them.
so summarizing:
(1). The connectors on the AV cable kit that I will buy from Amazon are Female yellow & white AV /and black with USB and another black Mini USB all with little black connectors hangin from other side which will go into the Cable that came with the maxi attaching little black connector to little black connector (I assume these black little connectors are male & female cant tell from picture
1541210426798.png

(2). Then I attach that to the AV Cables that came with the Maxi.- and connect the little black connector ends from the Amazon Cable to the Maxi cable that came with it together
(3). Now it leaves Male AV Connectors one yellow and one white as well as a Mini USB and a Regular USB.
(4). Where do I attach the male yellow and white AV and the mini USB and the regular USB to?.
(5). The AV Monitors that I see being sold on Amazon come with Female AV Connectors hanging from them (red yellow black), does that mean I have to buy another set of AV Connectors Adapters Female to Male to connect to the AV Monitor?
(6). and where would I Plug in the Black cable with the Mini USB and the Black cable with the Regular USB coming off of the Maxi?

There something missing here- where are the Male connectors coming from? this is like a Jigsaw puzzle and I cant see how to connect the maxi to a monitor, its funny LOL. sorry to bother you guys but if you look at the cable that came with maxi and the kit I should buy and the way AV Monitors are sold its really not clear how to hook them up, especially that I do not see USB or Mini USB's n the AV Monitors
thanks for your help

Last edited:
This is much more confusing to me the more and more I look at the cables that came with Maxi and the AV Cables you guys recommend I buy from Amazon or elsewhere and the AV Monitors being sold with male connectors hanging from them.
so summarizing:
(1). The connectors on the AV cable kit that I will buy from Amazon are Female yellow & white AV /and black with USB and another black Mini USB all with little black connectors hangin from other side which will go into the Cable that came with the maxi attaching little black connector to little black connector (I assume these black little connectors are male & female cant tell from picture
View attachment 42875

(2). Then I attach that to the AV Cables that came with the Maxi.- and connect the little black connector ends from the Amazon Cable to the Maxi cable that came with it together
(3). Now it leaves Male AV Connectors one yellow and one white as well as a Mini USB and a Regular USB.
(4). Where do I attach the male yellow and white AV and the mini USB and the regular USB to?.
(5). The AV Monitors that I see being sold on Amazon come with Female AV Connectors hanging from them (red yellow black), does that mean I have to buy another set of AV Connectors Adapters Female to Male to connect to the AV Monitor?
(6). and where would I Plug in the Black cable with the Mini USB and the Black cable with the Regular USB coming off of the Maxi?

There something missing here- where are the Male connectors coming from? this is like a Jigsaw puzzle and I cant see how to connect the maxi to a monitor, its funny LOL. sorry to bother you guys but if you look at the cable that came with maxi and the kit I should buy and the way AV Monitors are sold its really not clear how to hook them up, especially that I do not see USB or Mini USB's n the AV Monitors
thanks for your help

I don't know if you have tried to reset the camera with the reset button. Maybe webcam mode works after a reset. I've had that with the Mobius 1.

Been searching and cant seem to find details, just got my supercap in the mail and swapped it in and noticed a piece of black "paper" with a black wire leading to it stuck sideways opposite side of where the battery plugs in, any idea what this is?

Thanks.

*edit* oh looks like this MIGHT be the disabled wifi antenna??

Been searching and cant seem to find details, just got my supercap in the mail and swapped it in and noticed a piece of black "paper" with a black wire leading to it stuck sideways opposite side of where the battery plugs in, any idea what this is?

Thanks.

post a picture?

ill have to get it back out of the car, i wasn't thinking about this until after i went out and put it out there. :(

might be a little bit till i get that sorry.

I don't know if you have tried to reset the camera with the reset button. Maybe webcam mode works after a reset. I've had that with the Mobius 1.
I did a re-set and still can not get the Maxi into webcam mode, with 3 different computers, one a PC running windows 10 and two Macs running OS Mojave. Does any one have any tips or tricks for me to get into "webcam mode" so that I can focus my lens in real time? Thanks.

ill have to get it back out of the car, i wasn't thinking about this until after i went out and put it out there. :(

might be a little bit till i get that sorry.

Take your time, not going anywhere...

I did a re-set and still can not get the Maxi into webcam mode, with 3 different computers, one a PC running windows 10 and two Macs running OS Mojave. Does any one have any tips or tricks for me to get into "webcam mode" so that I can focus my lens in real time? Thanks.

Wasn't there a similar problem wit Mobius 1, W10 and webcam mode?

Thanks.

Yes, that's the Wi-Fi antenna.

Unfortunately I've spent months trying to get webcam mode working with the Maxi and either of my 2No windows 10 computers. The frustrating thing is that it did work for me many months ago, so I can only assume that it is a driver or firmware issue.

Back