Mobius Maxi Support Thread

schluss

Reaction score
Country
Poland
The Mobius Maxi has a default web cam resolution of 1920 x 1440. This compares quite favorably to the original Mobius 1 which has a web cam resolution of only 1280 x 720.
Thanks! Could you please help me out with two related questions?
1) Does webcam mode have more narrow FoV because it's 1920x1440 rather than 2.7k? In other words is it being cropped or scaled down?
2) Will image stabilization work in webcam mode?

OP
TonyM

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
SG, Viofo/GitUp, Mobius
Thanks! Could you please help me out with two related questions?
1) Does webcam mode have more narrow FoV because it's 1920x1440 rather than 2.7k? In other words is it being cropped or scaled down?
2) Will image stabilization work in webcam mode?
The video output in webcam mode is scaled down, not cropped. Coincidentally, 1920x1440 is the largest resolution the Maxi can record in h264.

Stabilisation on the Maxi is not effective at all. I doubt it would work in webcam mode

schluss

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Ordered the camera last week, today realized there's one thing I forgot to check.

Did anyone try using Mobius as a "normal" webcam on Android? Not with the "Mobius ActionCam" app, but with just any app in general that lets you select a video source? Such as Chrome browser or CameraFi.

When you connect a simple PC webcam via OTG to Android, the native apps can list it as a video input device and can capture video from it. The reason I need this is I need Android to live stream the 1080p video feed it gets from the camera (I'll be using WebRTC for this). I've seen posts that it's impossible to use Mobius as a normal webcam, but then I saw people get the original Mobius to work on Raspberry Pi using standard linux libraries, and later I even found someone mentioned that it indeed works on Android's CameraFi as well. Can anyone confirm that Maxi can be used for streaming WebRTC from Android?

UPD: I reached out to Tomas, the developer of Android app, he says at least previous Mobius cameras were standard UVC cameras (I guess Maxi is no different), so on Android no additional drivers are needed, thus I conclude @jokiin was indeed mistaken in his message that I linked to above. Thanks all.

Last edited:

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Guys, please help me out here, are both lenses (A and B) both F1.5 aperture??

OP
TonyM

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
SG, Viofo/GitUp, Mobius
Guys, please help me out here, are both lenses (A and B) both F1.5 aperture??
No. Lens A is F2.8, it's identical to the Mobius 1 Lens D. It has less distortion than the F1.5 lens, but obviously it's a much smaller aperture.

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
No. Lens A is F2.8, it's identical to the Mobius 1 Lens D. It has less distortion than the F1.5 lens, but obviously it's a much smaller aperture.
Thanks, there was a mistake on eletoponline's page on Ebay. They corrected it. I believe Digitalele has the figure turned around... 2.8 for b and 1.5 for a lens, but I'm not able to check right now.