Mobius Maxi Support Thread

I left my Maxi unused in a drawer for 2 weeks over Christmas. The battery kept the clock running, but it lost 41 seconds (assuming my PC clock is accurate?). I don't remember the Mobius 1 losing or gaining time so fast.

EDIT: Barely 1 hour after synchronising the Maxi clock, it has lost another 13 seconds.

Last edited:
I left my Maxi unused in a drawer for 2 weeks over Christmas. The battery kept the clock running, but it lost 41 seconds (assuming my PC clock is accurate?). I don't remember the Mobius 1 losing or gaining time so fast.

EDIT: Barely 1 hour after synchronising the Maxi clock, it has lost another 13 seconds.
i exchanged mine for another one due to the clock not keeping time after disconnecting power. currently waiting for my replacement.

can anyone shed some light on the gravity sensor - where is it located for example? i can't seem to trigger it when it's on medium and moving the maxi around

can anyone shed some light on the gravity sensor - where is it located for example? i can't seem to trigger it when it's on medium and moving the maxi around
I've not had mine triggered whilst driving (also on medium) but removing it from the window mount whilst recording has done so.

I have used the previous versions for years and they have normally worked fine.

The maxi is not bad but I am struggling to get it to keep recording after power cut off. The internal battery is fully charged

Attached is copy of my GUI. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks.44495

Power-Off Disconnect means it will shut down the camera upon it disconnecting from power. You've set it to 30 seconds, why do you expect it to keep recording after that?

Mine also powers off as soon as I disconnect the power supply with a fully charged battery. My timeout has varied between 30 seconds and 2 minutes but it makes no difference, it powers off immediately.
Ive tried re-installing the firmware as well but that makes no difference either.

Power-Off Disconnect means it will shut down the camera upon it disconnecting from power. You've set it to 30 seconds, why do you expect it to keep recording after that?
Thanks for that. I do not expect it to record after the 30 seconds is up. The problem I have is it does not record anything after the power is off, not even for 30 seconds.

Edit........ forgot to put in a "NOT".

Last edited:
Mine also powers off as soon as I disconnect the power supply with a fully charged battery. My timeout has varied between 30 seconds and 2 minutes but it makes no difference, it powers off immediately.
Ive tried re-installing the firmware as well but that makes no difference either.
Sorry you are having the same problem. I have tried the same as you and have on the odd occasion got it to record but for some reason cannot replicate it.

could it be a faulty battery? i'm using a capacitor, and once the power is off, it takes maybe 2 seconds until it turns completely off - i get a couple of beeps before it does.

Using a battery on these Maxi for dashcam use does not appear to be the best option. I've read various reports that the battery life suffers a lot. I swapped one of mine for a capacitor, and plan to do the same with my other Maxi soon.

@PRoz Are you sure it's a fully charged battery? Does it ever stop charging? I had one Maxi battery with a loose connection to the PCB that never really charged, and would not run the camera for long, if at all, after turning off external power.

Using a battery on these Maxi for dashcam use does not appear to be the best option. I've read various reports that the battery life suffers a lot. I swapped one of mine for a capacitor, and plan to do the same with my other Maxi soon.

@PRoz Are you sure it's a fully charged battery? Does it ever stop charging? I had one Maxi battery with a loose connection to the PCB that never really charged, and would not run the camera for long, if at all, after turning off external power.
I read your comment on that earlier in your thread.

Although I know about the battery eventually giving in (it has with my previous mobius versions but don't mind a couple of years use) I do not expect it to have problems after less than a week.

Yes the battery does stop charging and does take time for recharging after use.

The battery runs the camera for just under 2 hours which I think is about right. After experimenting with different settings whilst running off external power I have disconnected the power and let the battery take over which again results in just under 2 hours of life.

I like running with a battery rather than a capacitor as it gives me the option to take the camera out of the car, with little effort, and use it hand held.

I do think the quality of video compared to the M1 is great so do not want to send it back but I have never had this problem before and need it to be reliable.

I do have other faults with it but will post later to see if they can be resolved by those of you that have had it a lot longer than me.

Thanks

So, in short, sometimes your Maxi records for the full 30s after switching off external power, and on other occasions it turns off immediately? In both cases, do you know if the last file is saved correctly?

Does this only happen in the car, or also if you test with a wall charger?

I have tried numerous times with external power and there are maybe just two or three times it has continued to record after power has been disconnected. When disconnecting there is one beep and then 2 short beeps and the camera remains in standby mode (Yellow light on) for 30 seconds or whatever amount of time I have selected in "Power Off Disconnect" including immediate turn off.
"Power Off Standby" is set to "off" although the manual says this is the default setting when a USB is connected.

I have just tried "Power Off Standby" set to "5 mins" and the Maxi goes into standby for the amount of time specified in the "Power Off Disconnect".

The last file has always been correctly saved.

Have tried various SD cards and cables.

Just tried something different. Powered up and recording starts. Disconnect power and Maxi goes into standby mode as before. Powered up whilst still in standby and recording starts. Disconnect power again and loo and behold it continues to record for the specified time before shutting down. Obviously not an option for on going use but at least it offers something different.

I have only tried it in the car twice and it has never continued to record with power off. It also does not always power up when the ignition is turned on and often needs a second attempt. I am using the same long cable I got for the M1.

Not sure if the next bit is a problem or just normal.
Connect to my computer and Red light comes on and I can view the various files. To access the GUI I press the "shutter" button Blue light comes on and the files disappear . BUT...
If I first open up and play a video clip and want to then access the GUI it will not let me. I have to disconnect then connect again without viewing any files.

have you tried checking the battery connector inside

I have tried numerous times with external power and there are maybe just two or three times it has continued to record after power has been disconnected. When disconnecting there is one beep and then 2 short beeps and the camera remains in standby mode (Yellow light on) for 30 seconds or whatever amount of time I have selected in "Power Off Disconnect" including immediate turn off.
"Power Off Standby" is set to "off" although the manual says this is the default setting when a USB is connected.

I have just tried "Power Off Standby" set to "5 mins" and the Maxi goes into standby for the amount of time specified in the "Power Off Disconnect".
Your camera should continue recording for the amount of time set in power-off disconnect. It should not go into standby straight away.

TBH I've not tried power-off disconnect longer than 2 seconds. I'll try your settings later and see if mine does the same thing.

have you tried checking the battery connector inside
The battery charges fine and runs the camera for almost 2 hours by itself. So is there a need to check the connector?

TBH I've not tried power-off disconnect longer than 2 seconds. I'll try your settings later and see if mine does the same thing.
That would be great, Thanks.

Back