Mobius Maxi Support Thread

it is fast enough from my tests

I have had memory cards in cameras that could do a sustained write performance 10 X of what that camera could spit out, and still it dident work, but other slower cards worked just fine.

and again, exact same ****up: recorded okay one way, got back to the car after a couple of hours - it seem to be recording and then nothing. got home, zero kb file on the card. @Mobius I give up -
this camera is obviously not designed well enough to be working in a car environment. at least not with the current firmware (or with my car. which is 2 years old. you decide)
Sorry to hear that. Thanks for your efforts and your time doing all the tests. Please kindly send the camera back to us. We will check and test it thoroughly.
We are also getting more newer cards for testing, trying if we could duplicate the issues you found. Can you check and advise if your 128GB card is formatted as exFAT and cluster size is 4K or anything else? Thanks.

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for your efforts and your time doing all the tests. Please kindly send the camera back to us. We will check and test it thoroughly.
We are also getting more newer cards for testing, trying if we could duplicate the issues you found. Can you check and advise if your 128GB card is formatted as exFAT and cluster size is 4K or anything else? Thanks.

i format the card with wifi app. what are the ideal settings for card formatting? if it would make any difference, I'll flash the stable fw and format using msetup

i format the card with wifi app. what are the ideal settings for card formatting? if it would make any difference, I'll flash the stable fw and format using msetup
I was thinking a bit more about what I said to you regarding the format options. As far as I know, both the app and mSetup simply trigger the same card format process that is handled by the camera, so there should be no difference between them.

Now that I have your syscfg I can test your setup just in case you have stumbled across a peculiar combination of settings that cause a problem.

Last edited:
Now that I have your syscfg I can test your setup just in case you have stumbled across a peculiar combination of settings that cause a problem.
@tomerrr I loaded your syscfg this morning and immediately managed to explain one of the issues you reported.

You have motion detection enabled. That is why your camera resumed recording by itself after you stopped it manually.

@tomerrr I loaded your syscfg this morning and immediately managed to explain one of the issues you reported.

You have motion detection enabled. That is why your camera resumed recording by itself after you stopped it manually.
i would say that's another software bug:)

i would say that's another software bug:)
No, that's not a bug. It's doing exactly what motion detection is supposed to do. It waits in standby mode until it detects motion, which triggers a new recording.

EDIT : I now see why pressing Stop should bring the camera to a complete stop rather than go into standby. This needs further attention from Mobius - perhaps in a later FW update.

Last edited:
No, that's not a bug. It's doing exactly what motion detection is supposed to do. It waits in standby mode until it detects motion, which triggers a new recording.

the normal process is motion detect should stay in standby and record if any movement, if you manually pause recording though it should stop that from happening, they may have set this up differently for whatever reason but it's not the way it is usually done

the normal process is motion detect should stay in standby and record if any movement, if you manually pause recording though it should stop that from happening, they may have set this up differently for whatever reason but it's not the way it is usually done
OK. I see your point. It's not a function that I use, so at first it seemed like it was doing what it was supposed to do. Perhaps @Mobius can comment on how they want it to work.

why not? if i manually stopped recording, it shouldn't start recording just because there's motion . i stopped it for a reason

why not? if i manually stopped recording, it shouldn't start recording just because there's motion . i stopped it for a reason

when the camera pauses itself then yes it should start recording again once it senses movement, if you pause recording yourself though it should stay paused, at least that's the way it's normally done, it is either different intentionally, or it's a bug, I'm sure @Mobius can clarify either way, if it is a bug it should be an easy fix

Exactly. We don't need cams to do our thinking for us, and certain functions should be absolute in their nature. Especially "on" and "off" functions.

Phil

I just try to connect to WiFi using a Samsung Galaxy J3 Achieve it give me a error "Connection to camera failed please ensure WiFi connection is working" but when I setup my iPhone it work great. I setup the Samsung the same way as the iPhone. The only thing the iPhone don't have phone service it only use for the Maxi. Any idea?

OK. I see your point. It's not a function that I use, so at first it seemed like it was doing what it was supposed to do. Perhaps @Mobius can comment on how they want it to work.
It's about logic and choice.

camera on and standby to sense a motion -> sense a motion (conditioned) -> start a record -> no motion sensed -> stop recording (not immediately, but delay a short time as set) -> standby to sense motion

We assume we need MD to function when we want the camera do the job by itself, no interference needed. When interruption happens, we chose to stop the recording but not entire process, as sometimes a shutter might be pressed unintendedly. Or if we stop the whole process, we will need to restart the camera to get MD working again. It's a choice, not a bug.

But now we need to work with wifi, and it makes things a bit more complicated.

It's about logic and choice.

that's right, the user's choice. not your logic. If I clicked a button to turn off recording, it shouldn't record.period
But now we need to work with wifi, and it makes things a bit more complicated.
Exactly. I've demonstrated several times in my recent messages here, how hard it is to turn on wifi if you have "auto record on power" enabled. and it's even more difficult with motion detect enabled.
So there's no logic or choice in how the Maxi works right now

been out of dashcams for a few months, but last i remembered i had issues with ignition on my maxi and mobius 1. They are both on super caps, but the settings I have power off standby to Off, and power off disconnect to 2 seconds. Are these the correct settings? IIRC immediate caused issues with going from ignition to start.

as sometimes a shutter might be pressed unintendedly.

That would fall under "User Error". I'm all for reducing the chances of a mistaken input, but not at the cost of losing ease and certainty of functionality.

Phil

I just try to connect to WiFi using a Samsung Galaxy J3 Achieve it give me a error "Connection to camera failed please ensure WiFi connection is working" but when I setup my iPhone it work great. I setup the Samsung the same way as the iPhone. The only thing the iPhone don't have phone service it only use for the Maxi. Any idea?
I guest I will have to buy another iPhone because my other one got drop and broke the screen and quit working.

@Mobius @TonyM I've tested the Maxi current consumption during record using Keweisi USB power meter and 2 different power supplies. both showed during record the Maxi takes only 0.3-03.5A . Does this make sense?

Back