Mobius power off when hardwired.

powderchecker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm perplexed to say the least. I had my mobius installed last week and purchased the hardwiring kit, the installation was fine and the quality very good as expected. But today, the orange light flickered rapidly and it just shut down. I pulled over turned the ignition on, back on redlight, amber then rapid amber for a few seconds and 0ff.. Am I missing something, I know people say about the battery, but surely if its hardwired then its receiving a feed from the car battery and storing on to the card.

Was pretty disappointed today when it just cut out on me, do I need to charge it via a USB? I am not sure why it would need to though if hardwired?

Hoping to rectify this ASAP so I can have my companion back. :(

What memory card are you using?

Not sure what you mean by charge via USB, you're hard wired and connected to USB yeah?

What memory card are you using?

Not sure what you mean by charge via USB, you're hard wired and connected to USB yeah?
Hi, the card was supplied with the purchase and was a 16GB Class 6 MicroSD Card.By USB charging I meant via a computer, I am probably mistaken but I thought that if the unit is hardwired to the vehicle it would allow the unit to always be powered, that was why I couldn't understand it shutting off today.

hard wired and permanently powered are not the same thing, is yours powered and running constantly or it turns off when you turn the car off?

You had the Mobius installed for you, but has it been set up via mSetup to enable loop-recording, etc?

hard wired and permanently powered are not the same thing, is yours powered and running constantly or it turns off when you turn the car off?
Well, yesterday it was switching off fine when I turned the ignition off and when on it came on, but today it wouldn't record at all- maybe I have adjusted something in mset up?

Well, yesterday it was switching off fine when I turned the ignition off and when on it came on, but today it wouldn't record at all- maybe I have adjusted something in mset up?
Is the memory card completely filled with files, each of three or five minutes duration?

Back