Mobius requests

Ouch, you are right.

enjoy,
Mtz

If you have a diesel and need to wait some time before starting the engine this is not OK.
But you can think to a solution regarding connection to some fuse as described here.

If not solved in 0,57 firmware I think this will be solved by the Mobius developer. He must to think to not let the camera Auto-Power Off if the charger is not ON for about 30 seconds

enjoy,
Mtz
Yeah, my car is a diesel so I have to wait a little. I'm using 0,57 firmware so I can say this is not resolved on it.

I've just found out in the link you posted that camera can be broken by using it under these circunstances, right !?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed that the Mobius (mounted in my car and connected through carligther) starts up when I turn the contact key and begins recording as expected...

Mobius is not very tolerant of a sub-standard power supply, which leads to premature battery failure.

Are you using the Mobius-approved 3m power cable & USB car charger? Cheaper alternatives may be a false economy.

Modern diesels can be started immediately, so I'm guessing yours is quite old? Old car battery? Old alternator? Sluggish starter motor?

Your problem may be due to one or more of the above. Or something I haven't thought of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

With older diesel can do like this:

1. Warm up as usually in ACC position till yellow ( pre-heat ) light goes off
2. Switch off back from ACC, wait few sec.
3. Start engine without ACC delay for engine pre-heat, because you already pre-heated in step 1.

Sorry for my technical english is not good, but hope you understand what I mean.

This would be temporary solution until you can do connection to direct ACC fuse like Mtz suggested.

Mobius is not very tolerant of a sub-standard power supply, which leads to premature battery failure.

Are you using the Mobius-approved 3m power cable & USB car charger? Cheaper alternatives may be a false economy.

Modern diesels can be started immediately, so I'm guessing yours is quite old? Old car battery? Old alternator? Sluggish starter motor?

Your problem may be due to one or more of the above. Or something I haven't thought of.

I think that's not the case. My car is a 2010 Citroen C4.

USB charger bought to Mobius. I also bought the 3m cable but it's too short and had to buy a 5m cable (not 4m available).

With older diesel can do like this:

1. Warm up as usually in ACC position till yellow ( pre-heat ) light goes off
2. Switch off back from ACC, wait few sec.
3. Start engine without ACC delay for engine pre-heat, because you already pre-heated in step 1.

Sorry for my technical english is not good, but hope you understand what I mean.

This would be temporary solution until you can do connection to direct ACC fuse like Mtz suggested.
Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try what you say or even plug the cable into lighter after the engine is started because I don't like the fuse approach.

With Security Camera Mode, how about a security Mount with light and a PIR sensor to trigger recording and or light, and power supply, if IR light is used this will offcourse nessitate a IR pass thru lens ( could come with security Mount )

Mount could maybe be IP67 ( waterproff ) that way it could be used outside the house, or with a battery in the forrest as a game/ wildlife camera.

With wifi or a external av transmitter in the Mount that would mean the Little mobius cam is suddenly allso a IP camera.

I'd like the ability to set the region of the video to meter for the correct video exposure, similar to the full frame/centre weighted/spot exposure metering on DSLR camera. I was looking to use the Mobius as a rear facing camera mounted on the rear view mirror but the built-in average exposure metering completely over exposes the view through the back window. The interior of the car is great (except for the mug driving it lol) but the important rear view is lost :(

bg_small.jpg

I'd like the ability to set the region of the video to meter for the correct video exposure, similar to the full frame/centre weighted/spot exposure metering on DSLR camera. I was looking to use the Mobius as a rear facing camera mounted on the rear view mirror but the built-in average exposure metering completely over exposes the view through the back window. The interior of the car is great (except for the mug driving it lol) but the important rear view is lost :(

bg_small.jpg

You can buy 2 x Mobius. One for interior view, one to mount at rear window for external rear view rec. Lets be honest, Mobius is not that expencive for all functions / specs / performance / video quality it delivering for the price you pay.

You can buy 2 x Mobius. One for interior view, one to mount at rear window for external rear view rec. Lets be honest, Mobius is not that expencive for all functions / specs / performance / video quality it delivering for the price you pay.
I rate the Möbius very highly as it stands but the thread is for requests? and that's all it was. Bear in mind the möbius is sold as an actioncam and in a lot of situations the ability to adjust the exposure region would be very beneficial

Regards
Kev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

No harm in asking but I'm not sure you'd get the desired result though

Why not just mount at the rear anyway, is the interior shot all that relevant?

I rate the Möbius very highly as it stands but the thread is for requests? and that's all it was. Bear in mind the möbius is sold as an actioncam and in a lot of situations the ability to adjust the exposure region would be very beneficial

Regards
Kev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

Fair point @ thread request ;)

No harm in asking but I'm not sure you'd get the desired result though

Why not just mount at the rear anyway, is the interior shot all that relevant?
The interior shot is total irrelevant but mounting the Mobius under the front facing Roadhawk would have given me a very neat installation with minimal wiring (just a 12v > 5v buck convertor circuit for the usb feed to the Mobius taken from the 12v feed to the Roadhawk HD camera). Finding a switched 12v supply in the back of the F30 BMW is a major pain and routing a supply all the way from the front of the car can be done but again is awkward

Many dash cams have a menu setting that allows for increase or decrease of the EV value. Why not add this feature via the Mobius firmware? This would allow users like Photosbykev to optimize the exposure for the exterior of his vehicle when shooting from inside in this manner. This wouldn't be a bad feature to have anyway for some of us. I've assumed the Mobius lacks such a setting because there is no screen with which to instantly see the effects of changing EV values but for some users who need to change the exposure of the camera this still might be worthwhile to add as a firmware setting.

Many dash cams have a menu setting that allows for increase or decrease of the EV value. Why not add this feature via the Mobius firmware? This would allow users like Photosbykev to optimize the exposure for the exterior of his vehicle when shooting from inside in this manner. This wouldn't be a bad feature to have anyway for some of us. I've assumed the Mobius lacks such a setting because there is no screen with which to instantly see the effects of changing EV values but for some users who need to change the exposure of the camera this still might be worthwhile to add as a firmware setting.
This would be a good compromise and allow users to adjust the exposure to suit their needs. Even without a live view it would only take a few minutes to get the optimised setting

regards
Kev

Setting the EV values, among many other color settings, have long been planned for the step 2 firmware. We are currently testing step 2 firmware, but there is still a long way to go until everything functions as expected. These settings aren't as easy to implement as most people assume, but they are coming, slowly but surely....

Setting the EV values, among many other color settings, have long been planned for the step 2 firmware. We are currently testing step 2 firmware, but there is still a long way to go until everything functions as expected. These settings aren't as easy to implement as most people assume, but they are coming, slowly but surely....
Thanks for the update Isoprop, if it was easy then we would all be doing firmware updates :) Thankfully there are people like yourself that can, and do, actively improve their products

regards
Kev

Thanks for the update Isoprop, if it was easy then we would all be doing firmware updates :) Thankfully there are people like yourself that can, and do, actively improve their products

regards
Kev
Credit goes to the developer, not me ;)
I'm only the poor guy who has to modify the Windows GUI and test the firmware every time the developer adds more features :eek:
Luckily, communication between the developer and a handful of other people associated with the Mobius project is excellent and we are always informed of the latest developments. Most of all, Tom Frank does an amazing job testing new firmware versions. We should also be grateful to therau2000 who keeps his Android app up to date. But most of all we should be greatfull to have such a dedicated developer who strives to keep the Mobius the most versatile camera available in this price range.

I was looking to use the Mobius as a rear facing camera mounted on the rear view mirror but the built-in average exposure metering completely over exposes the view through the back window.

Just wondering whether it's worth trying the 720p @ 60 fps setting?

This reduces the HFOV from 85 deg to 46 deg captured directly from the most central 1280 x 720 pixel array.

With the cam aimed at the rear window, perhaps the results may be less over-exposed?

Just wondering whether it's worth trying the 720p @ 60 fps setting?

This reduces the HFOV from 85 deg to 46 deg captured directly from the most central 1280 x 720 pixel array.

With the cam aimed at the rear window, perhaps the results may be less over-exposed?

I hadn't considered that Russ. I've had to return the Roadhawk HD for replacement ( it wasn't auto starting after being powered off overnight) so the Möbius is set up as a forward cam. I've modded the cam holder so I can slide it into the holder from either direction so simple to reset it for a rear view at 720p

Regards
Kev

Back