Mobius rival -Stylish INNOVV™ C1 from #808 family. 1080p 30fps WDR G-sensor action- dash camera

I have just received it (in about two weeks delivery time). You may check the first video I have done today (sorry for the additional bumps, but no dedicated camera mounting system for the moment :) ).

Hi mister-rf,
I hope you will come with some idea to make the MicroUSB connector smaller than now. I am using the AV cable because I want also the video out.

enjoy,
Mtz

Here the unboxing review box reviewing and first look from Spec Tec.

He mentioned the holder is thin and weak,
During the design, It could be made to be same as what on the market by the trash plastic material, people would not see because it is black.
But I want to it to be smart, stylish, so I select high quality transparent acrylic mixed borwn color.
It is fixable, easy to put in and pull out.

For car usage the holder is not a problem, I tested it.

enjoy,
Mtz

I notised the aparently weak hold in the Mount too, i doubt it would stay in place if it was mounted to the handlebar of a mountainbike on the trails, but a single O-ring would be enuff to keep the cam in the Mount even under the most extreme situations.

Atleast thats what i assume, so far i have only used dual sided tape to fix my cam to my Little RC car and at the moment my car.
Sadly i have become too old and weak for muscel powered extremeness, and i had to sell my 660 ccm quadbike when i sould my house.

The other how to use video for Innovv.

The Motion detection works,
1. Enable Motion detection on GUI and updating in Camera,
2. Start camera, camera will auto shooting for one minute, then stand by,
3. Camera start recording if detect moving subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
The special cable killed this camera for me. I don't understand why manufactures still make this bumb mistake. I really dont see the reason to use a special cable when you can just use Micro usb or mini usb.

Note 3

The special cable killed this camera for me. I don't understand why manufactures still make this bumb mistake. I really dont see the reason to use a special cable when you can just use Micro usb or mini usb.

Note 3

I hope you can change your mind after seeing people's reviews, the better see the real camera, and touch it.

We understand No one is all the best, No one is all the bad.

The guys insist the special mini cable, because it has smaller size, and 8 pins, 3 pins more than the standard, that can apply the future applications.

I hope you can change your mind after seeing people's reviews, the better see the real camera, and touch it.

The guys insist the special mini cable, because it has smaller size, and 8 pins, 3 pins more than the standard, that can apply the future applications.
As you know, the special cable only has disadvantages, no advantages. Future applications would require a new hardware design and cables anyway, so that's not an excuse.
The worst situation is when you forget your cable and can't charge the camera. Maybe not a problem for dashcam users, but a big problem otherwise. You can buy standard cables in almost any town and even hotels can usually lend you a cable. Not so with your non-standard cable.
The sooner your HW developer accepts his mistake and uses a standard USB (mini or micro, but mini is more solid) the better. The 8-pin cable is also not good for DIY and is fragile. I broke the socket in my #18 when I tried connecting the cable in the dark, and I normally know how to connect a cable ;).

Hi Isoprop,

Thank you for your attention on this special cables,
This is your 5 or 6 times you are talking about that, and I believe all people have heard you.

I think I had well explained to you and people why that happened, and you had been well understood as below,
But you mentioned again, I believe not only myself, people from here really doubt your intention.

RC-Dec 13.jpg

Below is your some of other posts
Oct 27.jpg

Oct 30.jpg

Attachments

• RC-Dec 13.jpg
    RC-Dec 13.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 5
  • Dec 5.jpg
    Dec 5.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi Isoprop,
Again, I fully understand you dislike Innovv,
You are not willing to see Innovv is going to be success.
You are worrying about that.

On other hand, You will never be our welcome customer.
You are not respected by Innovv team.

Below I'd like to share with people the other exchanges between you and Innovv.

As mentioned Respect is the base rule for discussion on the forum,
Loosing respect, and reputation is very shame, I believe you do not need my reminder.
If you still keep doing so, below exchanges will be replied to you.
You are not alone here, people will see your intention.

RC-Dec 30.jpg

RC-Dec 30-1.jpg

Nov 25.jpg

Dec 5-1.jpg

RC-Dec 7.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Isoprop,

Thank you for your attention on this special cables,
This is your 5 or 6 times you are talking about that, and I believe all people have heard you.

I think I had well explained to you and people why that happened, and you had been well understood as below,
But you mentioned again, I believe not only myself, people from here really doubt your intention.
I am perfectly aware of my posts. I only replied yet again because you, or better said your "guys" keep trying to defend their blunder. I would not have replied if you hadn't quoted the following:
In your blogs you keep telling us that you listen to what people don't like, but it appears that you (or most likely your HW developer) doesn't want to listen about the 8-pin connector because THEY think it's good.
Yes, you explained very well that the 8-pin USB is a bad design and that's why it really confuses me that you still try and defend it. Once again, that's the only reason I replied.
The non-standard USB connection will keep coming up because people don't like it and in my opinion it would be best to use a standard connection as soon as possible.
Anyway, take my comments with a pinch of salt. They are meant as constructive criticism to your HW developer, nothing else.

@RockThinking, for me Isoprop's messages were more than welcome because I did not know about this special connector. In the specifications is it marked like "mini-USB" and I was always thinking about the cable that I have for GPS, for external HDD, for .... many other devices in my house and car. But actually it is not the same connector.

So for me these kind of discussions are very useful and I see this thread a good place to post pros and cons for your dashcam. But if you want to use this thread just for your marketing purposes, just let us know and I will not follow it anymore.

Hi Isoprop,
Again, I fully understand you dislike Innovv,
You are not willing to see Innovv is going to be success.
You are worrying about that.

On other hand, You will never be our welcome customer.
You are not respected by Innovv team.

Below I'd like to share with people the other exchanges between you and Innovv.

As mentioned Respect is the base rule for discussion on the forum,
Loosing respect, and reputation is very shame, I believe you do not need my reminder.
If you still keep doing so, below exchanges will be replied to you.
You are not alone here, people will see your intention.
This is getting nasty....
Now your are telling me off because I dared to say you tried to sell your products at a rip-off price. I was not the only one, but you finally listened and knocked down the price by ~$30. All my the other posts are facts. Either you accept them or you don't. THAT is my intention.
I have nothing personal against INNOVV, in fact I believe your HW developer is very clever and has made some very nice case designs.
Over the last 3 or 4 years I have owned and modified a lot of these types of cameras and I know very well what is well designed and what is not well designed. I don't have a C1/C2 so I can't judge the quality. For me, quality has nothing to do with looks. It's all about robustness, HW layout and quality, functionality and video quality.
If something about a product is not good, I believe others should know about it.
If something is good, others should also know about it.

I will not reply to a possible follow-up post. This thread is not intended for personal attacks.
And I'll also end this post with a :)

What kind of future applications? Unless you are telling me you guys are going to make external add-on, which make no sense now a days. i really dont see does extra pins being used in the future.

And if you wanted to go small then micro usb would be a better choice.

Mini usb/micro usb are so much easier to find then a special cable.

Note 3

What kind of future applications? Unless you are telling me you guys are going to make external add-on, which make no sense now a days. i really dont see does extra pins being used in the future.

And if you wanted to go small then micro usb would be a better choice.

Mini usb/micro usb are so much easier to find then a special cable.

Note 3

The Infrared Sensor.

Now Innovv has G-sensor for parking mode and motion detection,
But we know the internal battery only can support parking mode up to 8 hours and motion detection 3 hours after engine stop.

With this infrared sensor, the camera can stand by not hours but months.
This infrared sensor requires 8 pin port.

Again, as mentioned before,
The initial idea to have 8 pin because they wont AV out with audio and be smaller, the standard 5 pin does not reach that.

Now it is a bit late to change it back to 5 pin, and thinking if possible to develop the infrared sensor device base on the 8 pin port.

The above is all, I hope my explanation is clear, open and frank.

Last edited:
The Infrared Sensor.

Now Innovv has G-sensor for parking mode and motion detection,
But we know the internal battery only can support parking mode up to 8 hours and motion detection 3 hours after engine stop.

With this infrared sensor, the camera can stand by not hours but months.
This infrared sensor requires 8 pin port.

Again, as mentioned before,
The initial idea to have 8 pin because they wont AV out with audio and be smaller, the standard 5 pin does not reach that.

Now it is a bit late to change it back to 5 pin, and thinking if possible to develop the infrared sensor device base on the 8 pin port.

The above is all, I hope my explanation is clear, open and frank.

I guess, but im pretty sure anyone that is going to have this mounted in the car wont be looking to run this off the battery, but will more then likely have it hardwire to the car. And I dont see this feature being useful for the RC guys or as an action cam. I currently use two go pros when I got racing and I dont see how this sensor would benefit me in anyway.

Your product is not bad just wished your developer would really pay attention to what people want and ask for suggestions and like you said it is what it is now, as you are already selling your product, But maybe for the C3 you guys would listen or pay attention to the market alittle more and I hope you dont fault the market for your cam not selling as well. Just this usb thing will keep my money in my pocket.

Also a matte color will be great to. At least for dash cam application.

Note 3

I wonder if Kodak and Nikon got such grief for their cables?

As long as there is a cable supplied with the camera with consistent quality I'm satisfied. I've thrown away I don't know how many mini usb cables that don't do what their supposed to because of bad quality. Problems like the cable could charge the camera but it would no longer transfer data-- either the cheap cable that came with the item or one I purchased because it was recommended to be a quality replacement.

I would think the quality of the cable and not the connector would be the bigger issue. As much as I hated my #18 "HD Mini DV", the cable never stopped doing what it was designed to do (at least for the life of that camera). Since I have the #18, #26, and soon the C1 I would be more interested if those cables were interchangeable; proprietary for this manufacturer. Being popular doesn't mean being the best. Perhaps offering more choices with the proprietary connector, like one with bare wires to make hardwiring easier, would be a better compromise.

I find it hard to believe that if this camera turns out to be the best thing in it's segment, consumers would refuse to buy it because of a cable. To be clear, none of the connectors/cables are perfect if they fail to work when you need them.

Back