Mobius rival -Stylish INNOVV™ C1 from #808 family. 1080p 30fps WDR G-sensor action- dash camera

I would let the discussion on mico and mini USB stop here on this thread for ever.

It does not make sense to talk it 7 times, 10 times, or 100times.

Very simple, like it live with it, dislike it forget it!

I think the talk of Micro USB is irrelevant, neither camera uses it, 99% of the dash cameras and sport cameras in the market don't use it either, sure it's a great connector, but it's not practical for this application

People are asking why no auto recording when camera connected with car by USB cable and engine start.
The answer is the Mini USB camera charging cable in the packing list is only for camera charging, not supporting for the above.

There are two USB cables which had different pin connections.
  1. The USB Camera Charging Cable, 0.8m, only for camera charging
  2. The USB DashCam Cable, 2m, Support record when the camera is charging, and Support the camera auto-start/off when power detected
It is available on below link,
http://www.innovv.com/#!product/prd1/1568649565/usb-dashcam-cable

4a7279_491de20451524330820ae5029bd6e36a.jpg_srz_400_267_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

2M length is generally not long enough for car use however.

No 2 M wont cut it even in my small car when we talk rear wondow use, but i allready have a extension cable witch is quite cheap, i actually think i will get a short extension cable now that my old one is at least 2M too long :)

I think this cable is meant for use lining up the camera, as playback it is not so good as the nice C1 FHD _ HD footage cant be sent to a tv via a phono connection.
I have just lined up my lukas by eye, and the lukas is fine as it is now, and in the rear window i will allso use eyeballing to line the C1 up.
Got my C1 as actioncam, but installing it as dashcam in my car mean i will never forget it / charge it or put in a SD Card when i go driving with my RC stuff :) so from now on it will allways be at hand :cool:

Allow me to suggest that this cable is in the box instead of the AV cable, i think most ppl who get a need for viewing footage on the go will do so in ther smartphone - tablet - car headunit or laptop.
Personally i would use my headunit in the car, i think it is more easy that my smartphone witch i often forget at home cuz i dont really need it.
Many TV these days allso have USB where media can be played from, using i this case a USB -> SD converter / adapter.
I use this myself when i rarely play video footage on my LG tv, but normally i just use the computer and my memory card reader.

Last edited:
Allow me to suggest that this cable is in the box instead of the AV cable, i think most ppl who get a need for viewing footage on the go will do so in ther smartphone - tablet - car headunit or laptop.
Personally i would use my headunit in the car, i think it is more easy that my smartphone witch i often forget at home cuz i dont really need it.
Many TV these days allso have USB where media can be played from, using i this case a USB -> SD converter / adapter.
I use this myself when i rarely play video footage on my LG tv, but normally i just use the computer and my memory card reader.

Yes, it is the good suggestion:), we are checking into it.

I hope Innovv will include the 3m cable instead as I just ordered one (black)..

Looks like a nice camera. I'd avoid this company though. I had one of the first DR32 with crap audio that was never fixed properly and received nil legible help from the idiot official eBay sellers/manufacturers.

It's unfortunate that some people can't get past the fact that the DR32 had audio problems, they may be missing out on what may turn out to be a very good product. If the video quality is as good as the DR32, I will be quite pleased. And this is not exactly the same company that produced the DR32.

I Wonder will it be possibel to use the mobious super cap in the C1 ?
Would be nice if ppl deside to use the C1 as full time dashcam.

I've just found this forum - it's great!

I have a mobius as a dashcam, I've ordered two cameras the C1 and C2 - I will be most disappointed if I have to purchase propriety cables to install them in my car. I have emailed Innovv to get a response.

My biggest worry is causing damage by using a non-Innovv cable - is this possible?

ANDREW (UK)

I've just written to Innovv to see if I can cancel my order. I can't afford (i) extra $$$ (ii) causing damage by accidentally using the wrong cable.

ANDREW (UK)

I've just written to Innovv to see if I can cancel my order. I can't afford (i) extra $$$ (ii) causing damage by accidentally using the wrong cable.

ANDREW (UK)
I don't think it will even fit, it's a different connector

I'm planning to use C1 as dashcam..I asked if Rock can swap the a/v cable with his longer cable. I'm hoping he would.

ANDREW (UK)

Just relied your email, I believe you can get both of DashCam Cables.
It is the special cables, but I believe you are scared by someone, but the most people have very fair enough position for that.

If you are interested, I suggest you can read the posts from below link that I am writing to someone.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/c1-auto-record-when-start-dashcam-use.3818/page-3

I am not sure if he remind people over 10, 100 times for below problems people claimed for Mobius on the related threads from Mobius section,

Mobius action cam and gps problem- This is from RC group, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1978348
Mobius USB cable generating GPS interference - help!
Mobius untouched
Mobius B Lens audio problems
The Mobius & Heat Issues

Last edited by a moderator:
Just relied your email, I believe you can get both of DashCam Cables.
It is the special cables, but I believe you are scared by someone, but the most people have very fair enough position for that.

If you are interested, I suggest you can read the posts from below link that I am writing to someone.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/c1-auto-record-when-start-dashcam-use.3818/page-3

I am not sure if he remind people over 10, 100 times for below problems people claimed for Mobius on the related threads from Mobius section,

Mobius action cam and gps problem- This is from RC group, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1978348
Mobius USB cable generating GPS interference - help!
Mobius untouched
Mobius B Lens audio problems
The Mobius & Heat Issues

I think the problem comes from a lack of communication. The people interested in your camera have expressed surprise over learning the cable is proprietary and then displeasure over having to order and, more over, having to wait for a new one to arrive. I think the best immediate solution would be to make it very clear in all places (website, emails, forums, signs) that this camera has a proprietary cable. Next maybe consider sending both cables in the box so there will be a spare, in case something happens to the first. This would be a good sign of customer care. Proprietary cables are nothing huge in most peoples eyes if the camera is great.

Given a disappointment with a previous camera you were associated with, and you aiming at a very popular camera, you need to expect comparison and some critical comments. People look for great products, great prices and awesome customer service. Focus on that and you will be successful. I wish you luck, I saw the C1 in person and was impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cf7
Back