Mobius Super Capacitor.

Response from banggood:

Dear friend,
Thanks so much for your support with banggood.
I have told my manager about this forums.
Best regards,
Faye

Balls in their court now :)

I posted it ;)

Would be good to keep us updated. Haven't heard back from banggood, looks like there playing the "we didn't receive your reply" card
Super Cap installed 12 days ago... No issues to report - all is well with the Date/Time stamp on the footage & there have been no issues when I have been changing settings/FW.:)

@Byr0n How's the fortune telling going these days?

Super Cap installed 12 days ago... No issues to report - all is well with the Date/Time stamp on the footage & there have been no issues when I have been changing settings/FW.:)

@Byr0n How's the fortune telling going these days?

Hi Hilts, funnily enough i received my replacement capacitor about 30 mins ago, was on my door mat :) you must of known!!

Since then i have reviewed my current super cap and it keeps resetting the date and time so have just left it. Will swap over the cap today, before i do this though i will reset my mobius and re-format the memory card, then install the new cap. Will report back in a few days :)

Just swapped it over following a complete reset and format. Shot 5 mins and pulled it out halfway through second clip and it held the date. The real test will come over the next few days though. Watch this space

Just swapped it over following a complete reset and format. Shot 5 mins and pulled it out halfway through second clip and it held the date. The real test will come over the next few days though. Watch this space
What does your Crystal Ball tell you Byr0n ?? "I forsee happier times ahead...."

What does your Crystal Ball tell you Byr0n ?? "I forsee happier times ahead...."

Hope so.. really do. My light flickers a different colour now when power is disconnected. Hopefully the correct colour lol

Asked question in other thread

nothing that probably hasn't been discussed....

received my supercap today:

will not hold the correct date/time stamp, even after "charging" the SC and right after I synced with my phone(time stamp was working fine with stock battery). Will have to keep time stamp off....but the mobius is my rear view cam so not a big deal.

Must use "immediate" off... I had my setting at "10 second delay", but, SC would last about 8 seconds and last file is not saved....again not a big deal if the supercap works in the 100+ degree summer heat.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

For the defective item SKU121971 in your order 1647425,could you please offer us a brief video to reflect the problem and a clear photo of the shipping label for our reference?Then we will figure out the best solution for you.

Waiting for your reply.

Best wishes

Vicky

Reply from banggood

2 more failures.. Very strange. I'm still testing my replacement. This can't be a coincidence. Either they have a dodger batch or could this be FW related?

@leftlanehog and @zinm what FW do you have installed?

So far, so good. Since installing the Banggood super-cap in one of my Mobius cams about a month ago everything has performed flawlessly. Even if I leave the camera sitting around unused for several days the date and time settings are retained. I'm using v. 1.20. I've been testing this out periodically and waiting for warmer weather to finally arrive so now I'm going to go ahead and install this unit as a permanent rear camera.

Right.. Update on my capacitor situation. I installed my new capacitor on Friday, used it then left it over the weekend. Jumped back in car today and just got home to review if the time stamp has been maintained..

Answer is no! This was after a total reset and format of the card. So I didn't have a faulty capacitor it's my camera, no idea what's causing this so I have just turned the time stamp off and it will remain off from now on as there is no point me having 01/01/2013 showing on all my vids

Shame, if anyone can add anymore tips then please do but I have given up to be honest

Right.. Update on my capacitor situation. I installed my new capacitor on Friday, used it then left it over the weekend. Jumped back in car today and just got home to review if the time stamp has been maintained..
Answer is no! This was after a total reset and format of the card. So I didn't have a faulty capacitor it's my camera, no idea what's causing this so I have just turned the time stamp off and it will remain off from now on as there is no point me having 01/01/2013 showing on all my vids
Shame, if anyone can add anymore tips then please do but I have given up to be honest
Opps! Looks like I was way off target with that last comment of mine, sorry! Something must be draining the Cap...

As an authorised Mobius reseller, Banggood will be selling the exact same capacitor kit as sold by Eletoponline365, JooVuu, etc. When I receive mine from Banggood I will compare it with the one I already have from JooVuu. I anticipate them being identical.
@russ331 Did you notice any difference between the JooVuu and Banggood supplied Capacitors??

Opps! Looks like I was way off target with that last comment of mine, sorry! Something must be draining the Cap...

@russ331 Did you notice any difference between the JooVuu and Banggood supplied Capacitors??

I dont think its down to the supplier and some @Dashmellow has been fine with his. My Mobius must have some kind of fault.

Very weird as it always saves the last file when switching off but no luck with the time stamp. I'd rather it be that way round though

I dont think its down to the supplier and some @Dashmellow has been fine with his. My Mobius must have some kind of fault.

Very weird as it always saves the last file when switching off but no luck with the time stamp. I'd rather it be that way round though
Have you tried reinstalling the battery and testing a few days? If the battery works, then contact your camera supplier with the problem. You bought the Mobius recent and the small group of suppliers are very knowledgable.

They look the same...

CIMG6225.JPG CIMG6260.JPG

The JooVuu supplied one is shown above left. The one from Banggood is to it's right.

I don't know whether the Banggood supplied one will work ok, as when I ordered the second Mobius B camera on March 18, the Banggood web page indicated it was in stock. This was not true... they don't expect new stock until May.

I could try the Banggood supplied capacitor in my existing Mobius B, but I don't want to mess with it when it's working perfectly.

Last edited:
They look the same...

View attachment 4705 View attachment 4706

The JooVuu supplied one is shown in situ above. I don't know whether the Banggood supplied one will work ok, as when I ordered the second Mobius B camera on March 18, the Banggood web page indicated it was in stock. This was not true... they don't expect new stock until May.

I could try the Banggood supplied capacitor in my existing Mobius B, but I don't want to mess with it when it's working perfectly.
Thanks for that information. Given some of the issues being reported the Caps it is definitely best to follow the idiom "If is it isn't broken, don't fix it" !

Have you tried reinstalling the battery and testing a few days? If the battery works, then contact your camera supplier with the problem. You bought the Mobius recent and the small group of suppliers are very knowledgable.

Thanks for the suggestion GJHS, but I'm just going to leave it. I can't be bothered with all the hassle. End of day the Mobius shoots video, that's what I need it for. I'll just have to live without a time stamp :)

Back