Mobius Super Capacitor.

Hmm ok, the connection can't of come loose then because all my last videos files are fine.

Don't get it? Looks like I will have to live with it I guess. I'll turn the time stamp off as leaving it on with incorrect date will look more dodgey then not having date should I need to show video for evidence

If you charge the super-cap for awhile and then turn on the camera without any USB power still connected to it, does it power up for a couple of seconds on its own before going dead? It should. If not, perhaps something is defective with the cap and it's not holding a charge at this point. This might be a primitive way to test it.

BTW, so far I've not lost any date and time settings using the super-cap but it's been such a non-issue I haven't thought to see how long it can go without a charge. Time for some testing.

If you charge the super-cap for awhile and then turn on the camera without any USB power still connected to it, does it power up for a couple of seconds on its own before going dead? It should. If not, perhaps something is defective with the cap and it's not holding a charge at this point. This might be a primitive way to test it.

The camera has never come on for a couple of seconds when the power button is pressed. The yellow light turns on for like half a second but thats all.

If the super cap wasnt holding enougth charge then the last file wouldnt save, right?

The only other thing is cold temperatures, does this affect a super cap like it does a battery? Obviously a super cap having less charge then a battery its more likely to run out quicker?

The tempearutes over night have been aroud 2-3 degrees this past week

I've emailed banggood to see if they will send relacement? worth a go

When I hit the power button on my Mobius with a fully charged capacitor I get a blue indicator followed by three slow amber pulses and finally a red pulse of the rear indicator just before it craps out. No video gets recorded but doing this let's me know the super-capacitor is taking a charge and holding it briefly. Since yours isn't doing this it does indeed sound like there is a problem and so asking for a replacement from Banggood seems like a good move. Please let us all know how they handle this issue. Good luck!

I've emailed banggood to see if they will send relacement? worth a go
Have read your earlier posts today, I am now waiting nervously for my Supercap from Banggood!!:confused:

Have read your earlier posts today, I am now waiting nervously for my Supercap from Banggood!!:confused:

I wouldn't worry, dashmellow ordered his from banggood and his is fine. I think Russ also ordered from banggood

Let's face it, it's only £3/£4 were talking, I'm not going to jump on a plane and hunt down the banggood owner :D

Received email from banggood asking for a picture/video of the problem :confused:

I just referred them to this forum so they can see the problem and repeated the problem in my response

Received email from banggood asking for a picture/video of the problem :confused:

I just referred them to this forum so they can see the problem and repeated the problem in my response

Hmm......it's never a good sign when a merchant asks for a photo to document a defect that they know can't be photographed. The next thing that usually happens is to suggest you ship the defective item back to them (at a cost several times what the item is worth) and weeks and weeks of delay. Well, let's hope they take your advice and have a look at this forum. Let's hope they just send you a new super-capacitor along with good wishes for success in your endeavors. This forum has sent a lot of business their way in large part because of you and it could just as easily go the other way.

I also have a problem too. Doesn't even record the video with vehicle power. It shows 3 blinks on start then blinking 1 sec intervals but no video has recorded.
When I hit the power button on my Mobius with a fully charged capacitor I get a blue indicator followed by three slow amber pulses and finally a red pulse of the rear indicator just before it craps out. No video gets recorded but doing this let's me know the super-capacitor is taking a charge and holding it briefly. Since yours isn't doing this it does indeed sound like there is a problem and so asking for a replacement from Banggood seems like a good move. Please let us all know how they handle this issue. Good luck!

It shows me blue then solid amber then nothing.

I also have a problem too. Doesn't even record the video with vehicle power. It shows 3 blinks on start then blinking 1 sec intervals but no video has recorded.
It shows me blue then solid amber then nothing.

With a capacitor it should blink a few times without external power but it would be normal not to record any video. With external power it should record though. Try pressing the reset button (the little hole in the back of the camera). It's worth a try and won't harm anything. Another thing to try would be to re-install the firmware, perhaps using a freshly downloaded copy of the latest release. Also, make sure to reformat your microSD card using the mSetup GUI. (Just to be clear.....you do have a super-capacitor installed, not the standard battery, right?)

Yeah. Super cap from bangood. Did reset and formatted with sdformatter. Not sure how to reinstall firmware since I'm on 1.2 before installed. I have put the battery back and works perfectly fine. Thanks for reply. Much appreciated.

Yeah. Super cap from bangood. Did reset and formatted with sdformatter. Not sure how to reinstall firmware since I'm on 1.2 before installed. I have put the battery back and works perfectly fine. Thanks for reply. Much appreciated.

Sounds like another bad cap.

Strange as there genuine caps... or are they? :rolleyes:

No response yet, @zinm have you also emailed them? If you could they may start believing they have a pack of dodgy caps. Apart from Dashmellows :D

No response yet, @zinm have you also emailed them? If you could they may start believing they have a pack of dodgy caps. Apart from Dashmellows :D
Mine STILL hasn't arrived... Will let you know how it performs!

Ha! I'm usually the guy who gets the bad one. Maybe my luck is changing! :p

When did you order?
I had confirmation from Banggood that they'd been dispatched on 10th March. Guessing that they'll arrive any day now.

I had confirmation from Banggood that they'd been dispatched on 10th March. Guessing that they'll arrive any day now.

Mine took 12 days (8 working days) to arrive, so yours should get delivered hopefully this morning

Mine took 12 days (8 working days) to arrive, so yours should get delivered hopefully this morning
I don't know where you got your Crystal Ball from (was it also from Banggood??), but the Supercap arrived in the post this morning. I've just installed in my Wide Angle Mobius, after setting the clock, which is always in the car.
I'll keep you posted if notice any issues holding the date/time setting.

P.S. Please can you advise me of the Lotto Numbers for tonight? I am thinking maybe you should be called Mystic Meg! ;)

Last edited:
Back