Mobius Super Capacitor.

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams exactly 6 years ago, & 5 years 9 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off.

civic

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
It seems Banggood does not sell the capacitor anymore. Do you know a seller shipping internationally other than Ebay? Thanks.

kevster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It seems Banggood does not sell the capacitor anymore. Do you know a seller shipping internationally other than Ebay? Thanks.
I think mine needs replacing too, can't
find a seller for UK...

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Numerous and ever-changing
Mobius-actioncam lists it in the USA. And Webbex lists it in the UK. Whether they actually have them in stock I do not know, but if anyone sources these anywhere please share the details with us as I'm sure others will want some too :cool:

Phil

kevster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mobius-actioncam lists it in the USA. And Webbex lists it in the UK. Whether they actually have them in stock I do not know, but if anyone sources these anywhere please share the details with us as I'm sure others will want some too :cool:

Phil

So it does, it's a shame the shipping is near the same as the capacitor!

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Those were the top 2 hits from Google using "Mobius Action Cam UK". I'm sure there are more sources. I do remember some members here using Webbex so they're probably safe to do business with ;)

Phil

civic

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Will Mobius Maxi capacitor work assuming it would fit in? There has to be a way to assemble the same thing with common parts. I mean I just have to solder together a total of 10F capacitors, right? No?

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
The Maxi uses a different connector, but I think the caps are the same. It was either the Maxi or the M2 with the same caps as best I can recall...
Shouldn't be hard to DIY using similar caps and if you've got a local source or can order from China that could also be a lot cheaper,

Phil

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius, SG, Viofo
The Maxi uses a different connector, but I think the caps are the same.
Mobius 1 & 2 capacitors have two 'units'
Maxi capacitor has four
1583770379505.png

I have no idea if the Maxi capacitor can be retro fitted into a Mobius 1.

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thanks for the info and pics @TonyM (y) I edited my post above to avoid confusion. I'm sure someone does have the assembled cap/connector pack on sale somewhere; same for the caps themselves. I just don't know who or where or why Banggood unlisted them.

Phil

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius, SG, Viofo
Webbex have the M1 capacitors in stock. I've bought many Mobius items from them over 7 years - always good service. They don't ship the capacitors overseas though due to postal restrictions.

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Webbex have the M1 capacitors in stock. I've bought many Mobius items from them over 7 years - always good service. They don't ship the capacitors overseas though due to postal restrictions.

That should help @kevster (y) Thanks Tony!

Phil

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 422gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
As Tony m said above, I've brought a couple of m1's in the past & a few super capacitors and never had any issues with webbex themselves. I'd quite happily recommended them to anyone on this forum for mobius spares or new cameras etc

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 1 month & 5 years 10 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off.

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 2 months & 5 years 11 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use once or twice a week in the current circumstances.

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 3 months & exactly 6 years ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use once or twice a week in the current circumstances.

Padwanjoe

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Shadow GT680W; Mobius B Lens, JooVuu X, A119
Hello. My Mobius B Lens is still working just fine despite his age. The only bad thing I have noticed is that it is loosing the date if i do not start the car engine for periods longer than 7 days. But given the current circumstances, I can live with this. Be safe and sound! Cheers!

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 4 months & 6 years 1 month ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use once or twice a week in the current circumstances.

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 5 months & 6 years 2 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use once or twice a week in the current circumstances.

Padwanjoe

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Shadow GT680W; Mobius B Lens, JooVuu X, A119
Hello. My Mobius B lens mounted in the rear of my car is working just fine despite the hot summer temperatures we have every day. And I drive my car daily to work and the parking place is in direct sunlight from morning to late afternoon.
Keep your social distance, be safe and sound!