Mobius Super Capacitor.

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams exactly 6 years ago, & 5 years 9 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off.

It seems Banggood does not sell the capacitor anymore. Do you know a seller shipping internationally other than Ebay? Thanks.

It seems Banggood does not sell the capacitor anymore. Do you know a seller shipping internationally other than Ebay? Thanks.
I think mine needs replacing too, can't
find a seller for UK...

Mobius-actioncam lists it in the USA. And Webbex lists it in the UK. Whether they actually have them in stock I do not know, but if anyone sources these anywhere please share the details with us as I'm sure others will want some too :cool:

Phil

Mobius-actioncam lists it in the USA. And Webbex lists it in the UK. Whether they actually have them in stock I do not know, but if anyone sources these anywhere please share the details with us as I'm sure others will want some too :cool:

Phil

So it does, it's a shame the shipping is near the same as the capacitor!

Those were the top 2 hits from Google using "Mobius Action Cam UK". I'm sure there are more sources. I do remember some members here using Webbex so they're probably safe to do business with ;)

Phil

Will Mobius Maxi capacitor work assuming it would fit in? There has to be a way to assemble the same thing with common parts. I mean I just have to solder together a total of 10F capacitors, right? No?

The Maxi uses a different connector, but I think the caps are the same. It was either the Maxi or the M2 with the same caps as best I can recall...
Shouldn't be hard to DIY using similar caps and if you've got a local source or can order from China that could also be a lot cheaper,

Phil

The Maxi uses a different connector, but I think the caps are the same.
Mobius 1 & 2 capacitors have two 'units'
Maxi capacitor has four
1583770379505.png

I have no idea if the Maxi capacitor can be retro fitted into a Mobius 1.

Thanks for the info and pics @TonyM (y) I edited my post above to avoid confusion. I'm sure someone does have the assembled cap/connector pack on sale somewhere; same for the caps themselves. I just don't know who or where or why Banggood unlisted them.

Phil

Webbex have the M1 capacitors in stock. I've bought many Mobius items from them over 7 years - always good service. They don't ship the capacitors overseas though due to postal restrictions.

Webbex have the M1 capacitors in stock. I've bought many Mobius items from them over 7 years - always good service. They don't ship the capacitors overseas though due to postal restrictions.

That should help @kevster (y) Thanks Tony!

Phil

As Tony m said above, I've brought a couple of m1's in the past & a few super capacitors and never had any issues with webbex themselves. I'd quite happily recommended them to anyone on this forum for mobius spares or new cameras etc

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 1 month & 5 years 10 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off.

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 2 months & 5 years 11 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use once or twice a week in the current circumstances.

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 3 months & exactly 6 years ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use once or twice a week in the current circumstances.

Hello. My Mobius B Lens is still working just fine despite his age. The only bad thing I have noticed is that it is loosing the date if i do not start the car engine for periods longer than 7 days. But given the current circumstances, I can live with this. Be safe and sound! Cheers!

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 4 months & 6 years 1 month ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use once or twice a week in the current circumstances.

Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 6 years 5 months & 6 years 2 months ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off. They’re only in use once or twice a week in the current circumstances.

Hello. My Mobius B lens mounted in the rear of my car is working just fine despite the hot summer temperatures we have every day. And I drive my car daily to work and the parking place is in direct sunlight from morning to late afternoon.
Keep your social distance, be safe and sound!

Back