Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

I have a problem with the GUI, I haven't used it for a few months but when I select my Mobius from the list I get the error message as pictured, any ideas?
mobius error message.jpgmobius error message.jpg

I've never experienced this issue, ever, but I'm using Windows 7 Pro. I wonder if this problem might be related to which version of Windows one is using.

Anyone know of a place where I could buy the bit behind the lens assembly with the connector?

Attachments

• DC848104-A0AE-4CB3-A599-DF3EAF4427E3.jpeg
    DC848104-A0AE-4CB3-A599-DF3EAF4427E3.jpeg
    306.3 KB · Views: 8
Anyone know of a place where I could buy the bit behind the lens assembly with the connector?
You want the sensor module without a lens holder & lens attached? Try contacting WEBBEX who are the main UK distributor for Mobius. They don't list this part on their website (neither do eletoponline365) but Chris has always been very helpful to me, and may be able to get what you need.

Alternatively, buy a lens module with a lens attached, and try out a different lens to the one you have now.

Do you have an old style or new style Mobius case? The old case (with round LED hole on top) does not have the correct internal rib structures for the newer lens modules. If you have an old case you may need a new one - they're only £2.99.

Audio record noise "humming" when recording video near overhead ac power lines i attached mobius wide angle camera to my bicycle helmet.
any ideas how to remove ac hum from video or some way to improve microphone ac rejection?

It seem like my mobius have died too after many years of service.

It do not record and the GUI cant see the camera any more.
got video off it yesterday then put it in car today and fate would have i got something nice passing on the left side of my car, so i took the camera with me when i got home.
But the camera have not recorded anything since yesterday, scan of memory card indicate it is fine, other card in camera dont change anything.

Glad its my L side camera as i most often get footage off the R side camera.

got video off it yesterday then put it in car today and fate would have i got something nice passing on the left side of my car, so i took the camera with me when i got home.
But the camera have not recorded anything since yesterday, scan of memory card indicate it is fine, other card in camera dont change anything.

Is it time for a new Mobius? Would you buy another one, or get something else?

Just for fun, try the reset button and see what happens.

Also, try another USB cable and a different USB port.

Another thing to try is re-formatting your card with an external card reader instead of the camera.

Last edited:
I did after running H2testw on it, and its back up and running it seem, at least it go into normal flashing LED recording indicator and also GUI software also worked again.

Dunno why it acted like this all of a sudden o_O im just hoping it can hang in there until i get something that can replace it,,,, and the C3

Im very happy with what the mobius have done for me as arear camera and side camera, and for that use i think its still e valid camera.

Hi all,
new to this forum.
I am not sure this is a right place to post this request, so excuse me: I also posted a new thread on general mobius forum.

I have a Mobius 1 action cam lens a2. I would like to use to take still pictures.
When triggering a picture by pushing the button I can take one photo in about 3 seconds.
Mobius can do time lapse photo at a frame rate of 1 second at max resolution.

Is there the possibility to take pictures at maximum resolution as fast as one picture per second when the operator decides (i.e. not authomatically as in time lapse).

Thank you for any help and suggestions.

Giuseppe

Hi all,
new to this forum.
I am not sure this is a right place to post this request, so excuse me: I also posted a new thread on general mobius forum.

I have a Mobius 1 action cam lens a2. I would like to use to take still pictures.
When triggering a picture by pushing the button I can take one photo in about 3 seconds.
Mobius can do time lapse photo at a frame rate of 1 second at max resolution.

Is there the possibility to take pictures at maximum resolution as fast as one picture per second when the operator decides (i.e. not authomatically as in time lapse).

Thank you for any help and suggestions.

Giuseppe

You've obviously tested the camera to see how fast you can manually take still photos and discovered that you can only shoot one about every three seconds. There would be no way to get around that manually on the Mobius 1.

The new Mobius Maxi has a feature that may work for your needs. It's called Photo Burst and can shoot 3, 5 or 10 photos with one press of the button.

I haven't tried this yet on the Maxi so I don't know how fast it shoots photo bursts but if I have time later I will test it and report back. Our resident Maxi expert @TonyM may have some insight into this feature.

PhotoMode.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much.
What I would need is a way to trigger a photo every second at my choice: for example I press the button 3 times in 3 seconds (directly or by way a dedicated device) and i take 3 photos then, sometime later, I do the same for 2 seconds and i take 2 photos.....
Burst mode (or time lapse mode) are "automathed" processes.
Any ways to do that? Using a dedicated device (which, if any) connected to the camera (how, if any)?

I would have another question. Photos with mobius are not so bad for such a small camera, expecially considering that it is not designed for photos.
I noticed that all pictures have "green veil" (I am not an expert and I can not find other words to describe) in cloudy, sunny, morning, evening scenes.. In photoshop I increased Red and Blu values and the same photos seem to me better. I know it is possible to use custom WB, maybe there is a way to customize WB considering the values I used in Photoshop to mofify the photos: I tried a bit but I obtained horrible effects. Any hints?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Giuseppe

What I would need is a way to trigger a photo every second at my choice: for example I press the button 3 times in 3 seconds (directly or by way a dedicated device) and i take 3 photos then, sometime later, I do the same for 2 seconds and i take 2 photos.....
Burst mode (or time lapse mode) are "automathed" processes.
Any ways to do that? Using a dedicated device (which, if any) connected to the camera (how, if any)?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Giuseppe
I am not aware of any external trigger for the Mobius. And I can not think of any ways to take photos quickly, other than what you have tried already.

Have you tried using individual frames from a short video clip?

Thank you.
Frames from a video clip or time lapse (more resolution) could work if nothing else is available.

Anyway I would like to understand more the process of triggering a photo and my question could be interesting beyond my specific needs.

The camera is capable of taking photos (in time lapse mode) at a frame rate of one frame per second; even faster but I think with the same exposure values, i.e. not measuring the values at each shot.
I suppose when the cam is in time lapse mode everything is ready to take a photo and an "internal" clock triggers the the pictures.
When triggering a photo by pushing the button, I suppose, a different process is envolved.
Maybe a faster stills frame rate could be achieved if the camera would be in "a state" as it is in time lapse mode (without a programmed rate) "waiting" for a signal to trigger a picture which could be sent by pushing the button and not by an internal signal.
Would that be obtained by software (firmware)? I am a newbie and perhaps all that is meaningless.

I have also a raspberry pi zero and a camera module. When you run a program, raspistill, you trigger a still picture.
You can take a photo at a frame rate of about 3, 4 seconds.
There is also the option "raspistill -k".
When you run it it waits for a pressing of the Enter key to shoot a photo forever (i.e. untill you exit the program).
In this way you can take about one photo per second.
I suppose the difference is that when you run raspistill at each single photo, each time the process must start from the beginning. When you run "raspistill - k" the process is always running just waiting a triggering signal: the press of the Enter key.......

In msetup there is this option for photo mode: Photo time lapse 0.25s; 0.5s; 1s .......

Back