Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Not trying v1.17 is what you are doing wrong.
Funny enough v1.17 people are saying is the best low light so far, yet some are seeing flashes like v0.57. Some are complaining that "low light" messes with the day time exposure and now cards that worked before have stopped working. So still some things to work out before anyone needs to jump over to v1.17.

Has anyone tried it? How is v1.17?

Last edited:
I've decided to roll back the Firmware from v1.13 to v0.59, having jumped from v0.53 to v1.13, & now disappointed by low-light video quality in v1.13. I think that v0.59 is the best FW available for dashcam purposes at the moment.

I downloaded v0.59 from http://members.ziggo.nl/mobius/ & renamed the zip Mobius FW v0.59

I launched mSetup, but it sees only v1.13. I suspect I'm missing something obvious. What am I doing wrong?
In my mSetup folder I have all the FWs since 0.34 and they are all named like
Code:
FWTLCAM_20131122_v0.59.zip

Has anyone tried it? How is v1.17?
I installed it and tried indoor the new "Low light" WDR option but it seems that it has the same flickering problem like in 0.57. For the moment my Mobius is on v1.17, normal WDR, -20 sharpness, maybe in the weekend I'll review some night footage to see how it is. I also have the fealing that 0.59 0.47 had better low light quality, but I haven't had the time to do tests or play with the new settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've decided to roll back the Firmware from v1.13 to v0.59, having jumped from v0.53 to v1.13, & now disappointed by low-light video quality in v1.13. I think that v0.59 is the best FW available for dashcam purposes at the moment.

I downloaded v0.59 from http://members.ziggo.nl/mobius/ & renamed the zip Mobius FW v0.59

I launched mSetup, but it sees only v1.13. I suspect I'm missing something obvious. What am I doing wrong?

To downgrade to an earlier version you will need to use manual installation. page 10 in the manual.

To downgrade to an earlier version you will need to use manual installation. page 10 in the manual.

Doh! I read this a while ago but forgot it. Thanks for the reminder.

As I've replaced the LiPo battery with the Capacitor, I'm wondering if that will cause any problems with the following stages of the process...

'Disconnect the camera from the computer and wait until it turns off. Wait until all the LEDs are turned off'.

Will the Capacitor run out of charge before the process is completed? Should I disconnect Mobius from PC & immediately plug in my Anker external battery, to ensure there's enough current to complete the process? Perhaps @Isoprop would please advise on this matter?

As I've replaced the LiPo battery with the Capacitor, I'm wondering if that will cause any problems with the following stages of the process...

'Disconnect the camera from the computer and wait until it turns off. Wait until all the LEDs are turned off'.

Will the Capacitor run out of charge before the process is completed? Should I disconnect Mobius from PC & immediately plug in my Anker external battery, to ensure there's enough current to complete the process? Perhaps @Isoprop would please advise on this matter?

In a pinch, perhaps you could simply remove the capacitor and temporarily plug in the battery for the duration of the firmware installation?

Doh! I read this a while ago but forgot it. Thanks for the reminder.

You don't need to disconnect the camera - just press the power button to disconnect (and then wait a second or two) and then press it again to reconnect and update. That's all out of my head. At the moment I don't have a Mobius at hand to test. Maybe it should be documented, but there are sooo many ways of doing things!!!

So, does anyone have a fix for the Wide Dynamic range overexposing everything during the day in bright light? I have it set to low light mode and my first video during the day was totally overexposed and my night video was slightly grainy but not too bad.

V1.17 is not ready for prime time. Card size

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, good to know. However, will I still be able to use 1.17 if I set WDR to ON rather than Low Light? My understanding is that WDR being on is better for some cases.

I would, either go back to v1.13 or head over to the RC forum here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25170908&postcount=3 and use the recently updated version of v1.17.
I usually wait a few days before updating firmware, especially when the word "Beta" is attached.

Okay thanks, Just went back to 1.13 and have WDR on. I never noticed that 1.17 had a beta tag on it. I only installed it because the GUI said it was new. Must have missed that in the excitement of setting up my new dash cam. Thanks for the help.

I don't think this is correct. I just downgraded from 1.17 to 0.47 using mSetup without any problems. Did that in the past too when there were bugs in the newer FW.

I don't think this is correct. I just downgraded from 1.17 to 0.47 using mSetup without any problems. Did that in the past too when there were bugs in the newer FW.

Good to know, but I also did the downgrade manually. I just found it easier since its just copying and pasting a file. I didn't have time to deal with figuring out the GUI at the time.

Good to know, but I also did the downgrade manually. I just found it easier since its just copying and pasting a file. I didn't have time to deal with figuring out the GUI at the time.
So long you always use the GUI for your upgrades/downgrades it will always be far easier than using the manual method. Exceptions are when there are two identical firmware version numbers - but this should not normally happen ;).
Using the GUI, you can downgrade to the very first firmware version so long the firmware file is available and was saved in the correct folder. Another advantage of always using the GUI is that it will keep your firmware files together so all you need to do is click on the firmware version you wish to load and the software will do the rest. You can, of course, also manually install the firmware files found in the GUI folder.

So long you always use the GUI for your upgrades/downgrades it will always be far easier than using the manual method. Exceptions are when there are two identical firmware version numbers - but this should not normally happen ;).
Using the GUI, you can downgrade to the very first firmware version so long the firmware file is available and was saved in the correct folder. Another advantage of always using the GUI is that it will keep your firmware files together so all you need to do is click on the firmware version you wish to load and the software will do the rest. You can, of course, also manually install the firmware files found in the GUI folder.

I'm sure the GUI is easy, however I don't see how it can be easier since all I did was download a file to the SD card then boot it. Basically the same thing you have to do with the GUI.

I'd just like to report that my mobius only recorded one clip each time I started my car today after downgrading to 1.13. After trying another card and re-installing firmware again I just gave up and went back to 1.17 and left WDR in the on position rather than in low light. So far so good. The camera recorded hours of video while being tested on my desk with both memory cards and while driving around the video was clear day and night.

I'm glad I found this forum! I got my Mobius Actioncam for Christmas and have had some issues. I have a Class 10, 32gb MicroSD card. My intention is/was to use it as a dash camera. I tested it with 5 minute clips and after the 5th or 6th clip, the rest of the clips are corrupt. I thought that maybe I had a bad MicroSD card so I bought a new one but I have the same issue. Additionally, when I set the Mobius to record one big file, at about 20-25 minutes in, the sound becomes a loud buzzing noise. I don't think the MicroSD card is the culprit but rather I think perhaps the camera is overheating. Has anyone had this issue? I am currently running Firmware v1.17 but the same thing happens also on v1.13. Maybe I got a bad camera. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I tested it with 5 minute clips and after the 5th or 6th clip, the rest of the clips are corrupt. I thought that maybe I had a bad MicroSD card so I bought a new one but I have the same issue.

Did you get the second card from the same seller? Test them fully with h2testw.exe. They may prove to be counterfeit.

hello
i upgraded to 1.17v and my camera doesnt work anymore,just doesnt record
how do i go back to 1.13v ?
i am using the mobius program to upgrade and change the setting on the camera
how to i make on that program to go back to 1.13 firmware?
thanks

Back