Mobius Telephoto Dashcam

This 90mm looks more suitable for two Mobius cameras mounted side by side (they're approximately 75mm).

Yeah, I guess it would depend on how you go about mounting them. I was thinking they could be mounted on the smaller plate even if they hang over each side and it would make for a more compact package but still be very secure.

Yeah, I guess it would depend on how you go about mounting them. I was thinking they could be mounted on the smaller plate even if they hang over each side and it would make for a more compact package but still be very secure.

I see what you mean, will have to use the outermost threads on both sides.

I'll try the Dual-lock first. If it works, I think it'll look better.

I see what you mean, will have to use the outermost threads on both sides.

I'll try the Dual-lock first. If it works, I think it'll look better.

Dual-lock tape is great stuff and I think it will work fine and certainly cost quite a bit less. Before they switched to the white adhesive on the black Dual-lock they sell here in the US I was able to buy up a small stash from a local store that still had the all black stuff.

Dual-lock tape is great stuff and I think it will work fine and certainly cost quite a bit less. Before they switched to the white adhesive on the black Dual-lock they sell here in the US I was able to buy up a small stash from a local store that still had the all black stuff.

I have a metre with the transparent adhesive, will make do...

The M2's do stack together nicely
IMG_20171117_130943-01-01.jpeg

I've managed to use these two, plus an M1 below, although it was a bit wobbly on the mount.
IMG_20171129_085658159-01.jpeg

With my long cheese plate I have mounted 3 mobii side by side. I prefer to stick the cameras to the plate rather than screw them in, which gives greater flexibility on camera arrangement. The only threaded hole I use is the one to connect the plate to the window mount.
IMG_20171108_075206-01.jpeg

those plates are nice....you'd have also a look in aliexpress for "flash bracket"...lot of options there too.

Attachments

• HTB1Nd5mPXXXXXXkXVXXq6xXFXXXd.jpg
    HTB1Nd5mPXXXXXXkXVXXq6xXFXXXd.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 15
those plates are nice....you'd have also a look in aliexpress for "flash bracket"...lot of options there too.
That flash bracket looks good with a central clearance hole/slot. The downside of the cheese plate I have is the 1/4" threaded holes make it difficult to fix a camera tightly and get the orientation right, without adding compressible washers. That's another reason why I stick the camera to the plate, plus I can then mount cameras to both sides of the plate at the same time. I might get one of those flash plates instead.

looks like you still have room there for some more cameras :p

Edit:

:) Actually not. The A119S (which has gone permanently to the rear) has been replaced by the A119's V2 mount. A119 next to the GC was obstructing the flexibility of the RVM movement. I have another mounting plate for the helmet mount below the A119's mount but then the A119 needs to come off when it's in use.

Another reason for the bridge plate is that now the cable for second Mobius is hitting the RVM from the other side.

Can move the helmet mount a bit closer to the A119 and make space for one more but the mounting plate should take care of one Mobius and one F1.

Last edited:
Speaking of IR-cut filters a couple of days ago I received the new 4mm ƒ/1.2 and 6mm ƒ/1.2 lenses from Treeye to replace the ones they sent without the IR filters. I'm really impressed with how well they handled the problem, how responsive they were and how nice they've been. Anyone who is considering ordering from them should do so with confidence.

aliexpress. com/item/HD-5-0Megapixel-25mm-CCTV-Lens-with-IR-Filter-1-2-For-HD-CCTV-Camera-Lens/32806270601.
aliexpress. com/item/HD-5-0Megapixel-25mm-CCTV-Lens-For-HD-IP-Camera-Lens-F2-0-M12-Mount-Fixed/32548382713.
There are some not so good ratings.

Last edited:
aliexpress. com/item/HD-5-0Megapixel-25mm-CCTV-Lens-with-IR-Filter-1-2-For-HD-CCTV-Camera-Lens/32806270601.
aliexpress. com/item/HD-5-0Megapixel-25mm-CCTV-Lens-For-HD-IP-Camera-Lens-F2-0-M12-Mount-Fixed/32548382713.
There are some not so good ratings.

Both of those lenses received 4.9 out of 5 star ratings among 72 and 108 customers respectively. In my case they went well out of their way at their expense to correct an oversight they made. I couldn't ask for a better customer experience under the circumstances. What's your point?

Last edited:
67No 5* ratings
4No 4*
And a single 2* from someone who left no comment. Can't really ask for much better than that.

My 4mm f1.2 from Treeye came in a few days ago, no problems whatsoever, it even had the cut IR filter on it, LOL.
Dual-lock worked but I ordered the 50mm bridge plate anyway. Need to route another cable...

View attachment 35463

View attachment 35472
@Harsh Is that the 3M brand or Generic brand of dual-lock tape? I've never used it so really don't know, however I intend to try it.

SJ3551 by 3M.
Thanks, 3M sells it on Amazon but they were talking about so many different kinds, I thought it better to ask before getting it.

I ordered a 6mm from mobius-actioncam.com
That's the only lens they have available, I think the field of view will be more useful than 16mm

Back