Mobius

Can anyone confirm how to setup the auto power off correctly?

I can't seem to get it to work.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-31 at 3.12.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-31 at 3.12.28 PM.png
    248.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Screen Shot 2013-07-31 at 3.15.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-31 at 3.15.15 PM.png
    267 KB · Views: 224
Last edited by a moderator:
For info, the auto power off is set to continue recording for 15 seconds after the usb power input is removed.

two tests

MOBIUS SUN CITY

MOBIUS HIGHWAY

Suso

Were these tests at 720p or 1080p? I'm surprised you cannot see any parts of the car in the video.

They look like 1080p but he has it aimed it too high. The Mobius lens in not more than about 100 degrees so not considered wide angle IMHO.

ok, 1080

peugeot 307 windshield is wide

Suso

No, it's not very wide. However I tested mine vs a GoPro this week and preferred the narrower FOV of the Mobius. The GoPro made other cars seem too distant and it was harder to read details.

Hi Tony,

other samples in youtube

suso

FOV info:

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/Mobius/

Mobius Objective Data
All metrics are subject to change
Video and Photos - No up-scaling. No aspect ratio distortion when files are displayed with square pixels.

Video File Path, example - DCIM\100HDDVR\REC_0001.MOV

1080p
Summary - 1920x1080, 30 FPS, MOV format. Horizontal angle of view is about87 degrees (wide angle). File data rate is about 120 MB per minute. The audio is 512 Kbps PCM sampled at 32kHz. It seems that key-frames are every 15 frames because "SolveigMM Video Splitter" will cut only on 15 frame boundaries.
Info from KMPlayer for a short outdoor-light clip:
Container - MOV Format : MPEG-4 Format profile : QuickTime Codec ID : qt Overall bit rate : 15.7 Mbps.
Video Stream- Format : AVC, Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec, Format profile : High@L4.1, Format settings, CABAC : Yes, Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame, Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=15, Codec ID : avc1, Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding, Bit rate : 15.0 Mbps, Width : 1 920 pixels, Height : 1 080 pixels, Display aspect ratio : 16:9, Frame rate mode : Constant Frame rate : 30.000 fps, Color space : YUV, Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0, Bit depth : 8 bits, Scan type : Progressive Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.242, Language : English,
Audio Stream - Format : PCM, Format settings, Endianness : Little, Format settings, Sign : Signed, Codec ID : sowt, Bit rate mode : Constant, Bit rate : 512 Kbps, Channel(s) : 1 channel, Sampling rate : 32.0 KHz, Bit depth : 16 bits, Language : English
Sample Recording Length: Outdoor light stationary, 3.89E9 Bytes, 33m39s.

Yeah I was talking diagonal FOV which is what most cams claim when stating specs, which is about 100.

TonyM said:
For info, the auto power off is set to continue recording for 15 seconds after the usb power input is removed.

So I just remove the USB power lead, it will continue recording for 15 seconds, then stay idle for another 15 seconds, and then shut off?

xreyuk said:
So I just remove the USB power lead, it will continue recording for 15 seconds, then stay idle for another 15 seconds, and then shut off?

Once you remove external USB power, it continues for 10-15 seconds, saves the last file and shuts off.

what's the maximum record time of the mobius on a 32GB card ? Possible to save a full night (protect a car) ?
thanks

jean019 said:
what's the maximum record time of the mobius on a 32GB card ? Possible to save a full night (protect a car) ?
thanks

32Gig gives about 4 hours on the highest quality setting. You would have to scale down the resolution and bit rate to get say 8-9 hours or use the time lapse feature.

To change bit rate, this is the "video data rate" settings I think. When you put it to "low", what VLC is telling you about the data rate ?
"time laps" feature ? Time laps photo, is it what you mean ? (ahhhh very interesting to me)
thank you very much :)

WOW!! For such a little camera, it produces a nice video. I like :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

jean019 said:
To change bit rate, this is the "video data rate" settings I think. When you put it to "low", what VLC is telling you about the data rate ?
"time laps" feature ? Time laps photo, is it what you mean ? (ahhhh very interesting to me)

Yes time lapse photos. Nice well supported camera. If you have a few hours to read start here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559
I have not tried the lowest "video data rate".

AmericanDriver said:
WOW!! For such a little camera, it produces a nice video. I like :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Not much not to like at $69 is there?

Gurkha9 said:
jean019 said:

Yes time lapse photos. Nice well supported camera. If you have a few hours to read start here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559
I have not tried the lowest "video data rate".

good, thanks, I'm going for this one ;) two or three for the price of 1 blackvue :p

Back