Modified firmware for Thieye T5e and clone...

The bug with the interruption of video recording in 4K is fixed.
The video is recorded normally.
When you go to the menu, the camera does not freeze.
The link has been replaced by a new one - MOD #13

Completed:
After shooting in 4K in the menu it turns out to enter through time.
Apparently, can not display the preview as expected, does not draw.
I have to return the settings to 4K in the default state...

HI, I tried the firmware but unfortunately it does not work :-(

Right after I installed it, when I tried to go to the menù to change from NTSC (default setting) to PAL, it freezes. Actually, I could not even open the menù.....so I had to reinstall the standard firmware....

Thanks in any case :)

I keep looking for this bug.
It is only when shooting in 4K, in other resolutions everything works fine.
This bug does not bother me when I shoot a video, I do not go to the menu.
Settings are set once and everything suits me...

I understand you...problem for me is that right after I installed it, it went back to default setting (i.e. 4K 30FPS), and hence I had to go to menù to change it to 25fps.... :-(

Falsificator - > Is there any chance you could guide me on how I can mod the Firefly 8s firmware?
8s has the same hardware as T5e.

I really want to get higher bitrate like you did in T5e:
-3840х2160р 30к - 80Mbits
-2704х1520р 30к - 60Mbits
-2560х1440р 60к - 72Mbits
-1920х1080р 60к - 40Mbits
-1920х1080р 30к - 36Mbits

Link to firmware bin file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4bi9KTHbteFUzZYQTh0OWU5U0U/view

Thank you so much. You just save me with my t5e. With original firmware, video is just ugly, and with the your 13th FW, 4k is more then good, and 2,560 x 1,440 / 60 is just fantastic. FullHD / 120 fps is total trash then and now.
Is it possible to pump up more Mbits ? Maybe 100Mbits for 4k ?

Hi, I just received my new ThiEye T5e and immediately began flashing the firmware:)
But unfortunately I read this thread:

Falsificator - > Is there any chance you could guide me on how I can mod the Firefly 8s firmware?
8s has the same hardware as T5e.

I really want to get higher bitrate like you did in T5e:
-3840х2160р 30к - 80Mbits
-2704х1520р 30к - 60Mbits
-2560х1440р 60к - 72Mbits
-1920х1080р 60к - 40Mbits
-1920х1080р 30к - 36Mbits

Link to firmware bin file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4bi9KTHbteFUzZYQTh0OWU5U0U/view

I just couldn't resist and tried to install this firmware. Now if I try to start my camera the LEDs just urn on, but the screen stays black. If I hold down the Power-button the Firefly Logo is shown but the camera still won't start. I tried to load the original ThiEye firmware "firmware.bin" on the SD-Card and then start the camera. But still no other results;(( Any help please?

Is it maybe possible to boot from SD-Card or via PC or whatever...?

Something is not right. Camera turn off recording after 1 minute.

My memory card is not right. Everything is ok with new card :)

My memory card is not right. Everything is ok with new card :)

You have to have top notch (80+MB/s write times) SD cards from Sandisk or Samsung for the 4K recording.

the fastest sd card is not required. old transcend 32GB - 20mb read, 16mb write is fast enough for 4k video and 70000 kbps.
Panasonic gx80 shoots 4k video at 100.00kbps, and currently I'm using Samsung sd card 128gb - 80mb read, 20mb write, without any problems.
It is important that the SD card is formatted in exFAT format (formatted on a computer).
Thieye will bring up a message that it is necessary to format the SD card, but it should be ignored and start recording normally.

I'm having problems with this cam, every mode with faster than 60fps framerate comes out either choppy or completely corrupted. But the 4k 30fps works fine.

This is "normal". My files not corrupted, but they look very bad, especially 1080p 120fps. Looks like sh1t :)

I made a case modification:

SSD2cwB.jpg

kuHETb7.jpg

This is "normal". My files not corrupted, but they look very bad, especially 1080p 120fps. Looks like sh1t :)
The ambarella A12 can not handle the 1080P 120fps and 720p 240FPS well, better to use 100fps and 720P 200fps instead.

Regarding the card, Ambarella suggest to use Sandisk U3 card.

240fps1.jpg

The 1080p 120fps looking like crap is normal, as it's not real 1080p. The imx117 sensor can not do that, here are the modes the sensor actually supports (its the 4:3 version):

Sony+IMX117+Modes.jpg

So it's most likely 1332x1000 upscaled to 1920x1080.

But my files are completely corrupted on high fps modes, and on 100fps choppy. The first picture is a screenshot of a video shot at 240fps.

BTW. Which of these modified firmwares has only the higher bitrates? As i tested one, and it has really weird color cast.

Last edited:
I use firmware under number 13. 4k looks good and it has 70 mbits, but it still has strange artifacts at 100% zoom. There are a variety of color profiles, there is also a flat profile.
With this FW with more mbits, the camera is hot as hell. The screen almost can not touch.
With these holes, the camera is barely warm.

I use firmware under number 13. 4k looks good and it has 70 mbits, but it still has strange artifacts at 100% zoom. There are a variety of color profiles, there is also a flat profile.
With this FW with more mbits, the camera is hot as hell. The screen almost can not touch.
With these holes, the camera is barely warm.

I tested this, and it is 70mb/sec.. but on auto AWB the colors are completely off. On all these firmwares the colors are completely off, on the original the auto AWB works fine. I don't see any flat profiles in the AWB menu, should there be?

Ok, so it's the effect menu.. but all these color choices are really bad. Is there any firmware with the original correct colors & high bitrate?

Back