"Monkon" Panorama X2 - Cheap clone?

monkeyhanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, new poster here, although I have lurked for while.

I've just got a brand new VW Golf R and want to protect it on and off (parking mode) the road. My last car got clattered from behind last November and the person that hit me didn't report the incident, nor did he respond to requests from his insurer to tell his side of the story. The claim was dragged out waiting to hear from him (10 weeks before they gave up) and eventually the other side's insurer settled damage on a "without prejudice" basis. Trying to avoid it happening again!

So in my pursuit of a decent dual camera set-up, I came across a "Monkon" Panorama X2 on amazon.co.uk for £207.99. After looking around here and elsewhere, i've never seen reference to "Monkon". The same seller also has cameras that are not made by the same company, also called "Monkon" - are these cheap clones?

Trying to get sorted on a dual camera set-up seems a difficult decision - seems that none are infallible and they all have one or more foibles or reliability issues.

I have considered the Blackvue 650 for its subtle form factor, the Blackvue 750 , he Lukas 9750, and most recently i've come across the X2. Still can't decide.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back