Motion Detect setting recording constantly at night.

vampyrex13

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have my A199S wired into the constant power on my car and I have motion detect on. It works great during the day, only recording video whenever something legitimately moves past the camera. At night though, when I'm parked outside, I'm finding it's just continuously recording. I can understand it doing this during the day when clouds are slowly drifting by in the sky, but am uncertain why it's constantly recording at night. Anyone else have this problem?

Actually, I just thought about it, but I did just install the CPL filter on the camera this weekend. I'm going to remove it and see if the issue still happens.

How long time your camera continue to write after car switch off ? Or it is not related to switch off any more and camera writing only if something move around, which actually happened when you start driving ?
Do you have additional switch off to prevent battery discharging during long time parking ?

Make sure you are not touching the REC button. Check also the frequency to be on 60Hz if you are in USA.

enjoy,
Mtz

The camera is wired to always on through a harness that cuts power when the voltage drops too low. The camera keeps recording when there is nothing there at night. If I park in a public garage, it will not record unless another car goes by, so I know it's working correctly. It's only when parked outside my house overnight that it continuously records. The neighbor does have a porch light on, so it's not complete darkness. As for my settings, they are all correct. I researched all the settings before I even ordered the camera.

Last edited:
I removed the CPL lense, made sure it was clean, and put it back on. That appears tonhave fixed the issue.

Good to know, so it is ok to connect camera to power always on fuse and set motion detect on?
It will automatically start writing during driving (sensor will react to changes in light вгкштп вкшмштп) like in cigarette lighter connection + will write strange people/action in front of my car.
According to manual, the camera should go to standby mode 60 second when no light change. Is it what happened with your camera ?
Which kit do you use ( I saw for $13 and about $30)?
Is it difficult to do by myself ? Local Car Toys asked for 130$ for installation, which cost more than camera.
I understood that the main issues are to find the correct place for new fuse and understand how to open plastics in the car.

Back