Mounting as a "Rear" Cam?

KorbenDallas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello All,

I got the mini 0805 today and was curious on how I would be able to mount this on the rear window of my 2014 Ford Fusion. I already have a mini 0806 connected to my front cigarette lighter port. For the mini 0805, I noticed that the cord is kind of short and will unlikely reach the armrest area cigarette lighter port. I'm purchasing an extension cord, but I'm wondering if that would be the best course of action? Anybody here with a 2013+ Ford Fusion with a rear cam? Hell, anybody with this cam installed as a rear cam. Thanks!

I just posted this in the other thread, but i'll place it here too. I ran my 0805 in my rear for a little while.

I use 3M dual lock tape so that I can swap cameras in and out easily.
You can find it on Amazon here
It can also be found in WalMart cheaper. In my local WalMart it is in the aisle with the paint.
ZSXvpVR.jpg

1LOnFcH.jpg

133GPnW.jpg

x7GVQ1l.jpg

I used this cord from Walmart.
Swl26ct.jpg

The PS4 cord is a Micro B, and I use them all the time to power my Micro B DashCams like the 0805 with no issues.
The PS3 cord is a Mini B is you ever need a cheap Mini B cord fast.

Hope this helps.

I too have a mini 0806 for the front facing DVR and the mini 0805 for the rear facing DVR, on my car

on my wife’s car I’ve not used the cigarette lighter port to power the DVR’s, on my wife’s Ford I’ve connected straight to the fuse box, picked a fuse that was live only with ignition on and tapped in to that with one of these

I connected it to the end of this cigaret socket

as she has only a front facing mini 0805, I only used one socket but if you plane on using two DVR’s just connect two sockets, shouldn’t be too hard to get hold of longer USB to micro USB cables

on my car for the rear facing mini 0805, I had the female cigarette socket extend/come all the way to the back of the car and then plunged in the cable from the mini 0805 in to it at the back of the car

hope this is of help

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Mini 0805 13
EliRDA Mini 0805 5
AlinClaudiu Mini 0805 5
Back