Moving Truck Lift Gate Drops & Scrapes at high speed. Smart Car drives over tumbling cone -Vico-WF1

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
This just happened to me a few days ago. I was following the moving truck I hired to my new place. Apparently their lift gate hydraulics are broken and it's only held up by the small secondary safety chain hook. (the only used the pull out ramp) After they hit a bump at high speed it came loose, dropped and made a terrible crash sound. My first reaction was they hit something but than saw the cone tumble towards me as the metal was still dragging at full speed across the pavement ahead. I laid on my upgraded extra loud smart car horn to get their attention. You'll see my lil Smart Car drive over the tumbling cone but rest assured there was no damage.

(Vicovation Vico-WF1) Fragment of MOV_0600-699 (1-22-46 PM - 1-27-24 PM)

RAW:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c02m1veyyhxb94h/Moving Truck Lift Gate Drops.MP4

Youtube:

Last edited:
Does it play for anyone?

YouTube isn't happy with this registratorviewer mp4 clip I made. The Dropbox link seems to not want to stream either. I'll try again tomorrow.

Fixed

Last edited:
Is says for me "video is not available" :(
Maybe its undet "private"?
I am downloading original file to see your experience.

Is says for me "video is not abailsble" :(
Maybe its undet "private"?
I am downloading original file to see your experience.

I think registratorviewer corrupted the mp4 somehow. I'll try again tomorrow since I just went to bed here oh well whoops. Let me know if Dropbox works.

Downloaded file and MXplayer played clip very well on smartphone.

You were gentleman to even help those poor guys to attach truck's lift, cool ;)

In Russia it would most likely look completely differently. Driver ( on your place ) first would probably "attacked" truck-guys with full range of F-words and after this would stick that road-cone into their ........ you know where :), lol.

Nice Like the fact he left his phone on the back of the truck and nearly left it to fall off, that would have been fun, I also would not have been following that close after you pulled away considering what had just happened. LOL they should have got the chain and hooked it to the lift then put a ratchet strap through the rollers and through the handles on the side of the rear or onto the frame just to be on the safe side.

Yeah he nearly forgot his phone at the end!

Ok, I re-uploaded it to youtube. It seems to have processed properly the second try.

Those were friends of yours?

Ouch, thats why they have those safety chains on the side. They probably didn't use it or was using the chain solely due to broken hydraulics.

Those were friends of yours?
Friends? no, just a moving company I hired.

using the chain solely due to broken hydraulics.
I had no clue their hydraulics were broken until this event happened. They only used the long ramp that extends out during the move.

Back