Mustang & BMW Going At It In Traffic

DaveLC2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD LS360W
My speed was between 71-73mph to put things in perspective. I'm sure the BMW was going 100+mph & closing in on the Mustang & heavy traffic quickly.

I hope he had OEM rotors & not that China metal ish that warps after a couple of 40mph hard brakes. Otherwise he be like when he hits the brake pedal lol

I saw the same exact thing this past weekend, only it was a Corvette and a Honda Accord V6 Coupe. Might have it on my wife's dashcam, but haven't pulled the camera yet.

I saw the same exact thing this past weekend, only it was a Corvette and a Honda Accord V6 Coupe. Might have it on my wife's dashcam, but haven't pulled the camera yet.
Lol unless the accord had some major forced induction and/or nitrous it had no chance against even a moderate driver in a corvette. Unless it's a 50s corvette, which case the driver should be jailed for being so irresponsible with an increasingly rare vehicle. :p

I think the Corvette was a C5, so at least LS1-powered. I was like, an Accord, seriously??? Zipping through traffic like they were is less about who's faster, and much more about who's willing to drive the stupidest. I was like, can we pleeeeeze not wreck and shut down the Interstate?

You were camping out in the left lane (called the passing lane) and the Mustang and BMW were really ticked off that you were blocking their progress (I'M KIDDING!). Looks like a couple of dingdongs having a race in traffic. I see this stuff from time to time and only wish a trooper was nearby. Nice capture.

I don't mind speeders as long as it's not reckless.

On the racing note, reminds me of 2002 in Dallas.
I was in a Camaro stopped at the red light.
I heard a big loud race car like noise and revving.
I used to get that from other sport cars so I looked and it was a small two door Honda civic, DX or something like that.
It was a poor student's race car.
It was a pity to see the gauges and huge aftermarket exhaust pipe.
I had some good civics competing with me before so I went off when it turned green.
That civic was still crossing the intersection when I was over 50 mph. :D

my favorite street encounter was in my miata. at that time it was completely stock except for a roll bar for safety. i was out and had the top down, and the roll bar kinda makes it look like a race car. an F150 with a huge lift and a bunch of teen boys inside came up next to me at the light and started revving at me. i look around and notice there's a police car right behind them, but their truck is so tall they can't see it. so i rev back. :D

when the light turned green, i started in 2nd gear while they peel out across the intersection and OH HEY LOOK AT THOSE FLASHING LIGHTS!! :D :D :D

yeah, i'm a dick sometimes. :p

my favorite street encounter was in my miata. at that time it was completely stock except for a roll bar for safety. i was out and had the top down, and the roll bar kinda makes it look like a race car. an F150 with a huge lift and a bunch of teen boys inside came up next to me at the light and started revving at me. i look around and notice there's a police car right behind them, but their truck is so tall they can't see it. so i rev back. :D

when the light turned green, i started in 2nd gear while they peel out across the intersection and OH HEY LOOK AT THOSE FLASHING LIGHTS!! :D :D :D

yeah, i'm a dick sometimes. :p
We did similar in Oklahoma.
There are small towns with 25 mph speed and traps with LEO waiting on the side streets.
I was passenger and local friend was the driver.
F150 it was I think that came on the red light and revved.
My friend knew there was a cop on the next street.
He revved back and forth and the F150 driver was so impatient that he took off on the green arrow instead of green light. :D
It was icing on the cake for the waiting cop.
F150 was pulled over before the lights turned green. :D

I hope he had OEM rotors & not that China metal ish that warps after a couple of 40mph hard brakes. Otherwise he be like when he hits the brake pedal lol

Being a plus size bacon-ator, I would have worn my belt a bit lower and at a more gentle speed. :)

Back