My A119 V2

I bought a new dash cam today that I absolutely don't need but I just couldn't help myself. It was the (recently much talked about) Aukey DR-02.

It was too much of a temptation when I came upon the Lightning Deal on Amazon today.....$69.99 marked down to $52.49 plus a 5% discount I had available to me, so $49.87.......plus free shipping!......with only a short time left to make the big decision. :eek:

Perspiration dripping down my face.....I hesitantly reached out towards my mouse with a trembling hand and twitching fingers, muttering to myself over and over...MUST RESIST!...MUST RESIST!! But it was too late as I clicked "Add to Cart!" :wideyed::arghh::smuggrin:
Weak I tell you weak:D

I bought a new dash cam today that I absolutely don't need but I just couldn't help myself. It was the (recently much talked about) Aukey DR-02.

It was too much of a temptation when I came upon the Lightning Deal on Amazon today.....$69.99 marked down to $52.49 plus a 5% discount I had available to me, so $49.87.......plus free shipping!......with only a short time left to make the big decision. :eek:

Perspiration dripping down my face.....I hesitantly reached out towards my mouse with a trembling hand and twitching fingers, muttering to myself over and over...MUST RESIST!...MUST RESIST!! But it was too late as I clicked "Add to Cart!" :wideyed::arghh::smuggrin:

"Add to cart" :D, at least 2 more clicks to go. I'd say your mind was already made... ;)

With a MSRP of $99, indeed a sweet deal. Looking forward to your thoughts on the new cam.

Weak I tell you weak:D

"Add to cart" :D, at least 2 more clicks to go. I'd say your mind was already made... ;)

With a MSRP of $99, indeed a sweet deal. Looking forward to your thoughts on the new cam.

I'm an Amazon Prime customer, One Click for me! ....very dangerous.

Actually, speaking of Dashaholism, I've been curious about the A119 for quite some time for the same reasons you gave, plus the potential for HDR is very intriguing. So, it seems thanks to a coupon provided to me I can buy one from a top shelf North American vendor for what would be 28% off, so about 64 bucks. At least for now though, I think I'll have to exercise some self control and get my bills paid first. :)

Actually, speaking of Dashaholism, I've been curious about the A119 for quite some time for the same reasons you gave, plus the potential for HDR is very intriguing. So, it seems thanks to a coupon provided to me I can buy one from a top shelf North American vendor for what would be 28% off, so about 64 bucks. At least for now though, I think I'll have to exercise some self control and get my bills paid first. :)
With the new addition, is that now going to be six in the truck?

With the new addition, is that now going to be six in the truck?

Hah! :D No, my plan for the moment is to test out the DR-02 by swapping it for one of my Mobius cams. The DR-02 could make for a nice low cost upgrade to the rear facing Mobius with its superior night performance. At least that was the thinking that led me to click. But at first I just want to play with the camera, see what it can do and perhaps compare it to my SG9665GC.

Oh yes, the to be added HDR (how could I forget), if flaring and haloing from oncoming headlights and streetlights can be adequately tamed, I'd be really impressed.

Last edited:
I'm sending back my Aukey DR01 so I can get the A119 instead. Now, do I keep hold of it a bit longer so I can try them together..? ;)

I'm sending back my Aukey DR01 so I can get the A119 instead. Now, do I keep hold of it a bit longer so I can try them together..? ;)

You already have an IMX322 based camera, wise choice.

Not any more - I just re-installed it in my wife's car :)

All the more reason to get more cameras! :)

(DR01) Not really a fan of suction cup danglers that look like point & shoot cameras, if you'd ask me.

Not really a fan of suction cup danglers that look like point & shoot cameras, if you'd ask me.

not for everyone but they have their place, people that change vehicles a lot, work cars where they can't do a permanent install, rental cars etc, truck drivers seem to like them also

All the more reason to get more cameras! :)

(DR01) Not really a fan of suction cup danglers that look like point & shoot cameras, if you'd ask me.

I remember back when I first became interested in dash cams, "danglers" that looked more or less like point and shoot cameras were about all you could really buy.
Many of them had white LEDs on them and the idea was you could use the (point & shoot style) camera outside your car to say, shoot a photo of a dented fender or the other guy's license plate after a mishap.

I remember back when I first became interested in dash cams, "danglers" that looked more or less like point and shoot cameras were about all you could really buy.
Many of them had white LEDs on them and the idea was you could use the (point & shoot style) camera outside your car to say, shoot a photo of a dented fender or the other guy's license plate after a mishap.

And it's not like that was a decade ago, they're going to get only better. :)

No, I'm not a fan of danglers either. I originally bought the DR01 for my wife's car (after I took back my spare Mobius 1 that she was 'borrowing'). However after testing it there were just some things I didn't like, including the dangle. So I've given her my trusty GC and I'm on the look out for a worthy replacement - current favourite being the A119. In the meantime I have one or two Mobii keeping an eye on things.

And it's not like that was a decade ago, they're going to get only better. :)

That was seven years ago. Back then, if you could find a genuine 1080p camera the performance was usually not too bad but could suffer from macro-blocking caused by low bit rates. Any camera you purchased was literally useless at night.

IMO, so was the A118C, and that 's not too old. Night performance from what I've observed has improved by leaps and bounds, only in the last year or two.

Agree. Although the A118C is leaps and bounds better at night than what was available seven years ago if you can believe it. Seven years ago you could barely see a few feet in front of your car with the bright headlights on and there would be so much digital noise as to make the whole thing useless anyway. This was especially true out where I live with no streetlights. With today's cameras, even a Mobius I can see way out in front of my vehicle in pitch dark even if the image could stand improvement.

Well, I got a A119V2(with Gps) from banggood during those "snap-up" at 50.99$... I am replacing the mobius (did the same last year on the other car but with a A118C-nogps-) just because of the flush factor (and I used for those mobius cameras suction cups). Still undecided If I should keep the red 3m dual sided tapes or use a black one instead

Back