My A119 V2

there is an adhesive CPL made for the A119 that I use for my V1 since there are no notches to attach the official CPL to it. it works as it should and it still allows for left/right rotation. it *may* cost me some clarity but the image quality is still superb in my opinion. also, don't assume that the orientation is correct as the arrow facing up did not give me the best glare reduction.
Looks like not available anymore on amazon....but it's on aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...r-VIOFO-A119-Car-Dashcam-DVR/32771010969.html

And what do you think about the normal lens CPL of Viofo ( with the attach on the camera)? Hace you tried these?

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Looks like not available anymore on amazon....but it's on aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...r-VIOFO-A119-Car-Dashcam-DVR/32771010969.html

Decided against getting this due to the adhesive application, a little too expensive for a disposable CPL.

Well, I got a A119V2(with Gps) from banggood during those "snap-up" at 50.99$... I am replacing the mobius (did the same last year on the other car but with a A118C-nogps-) just because of the flush factor (and I used for those mobius cameras suction cups). Still undecided If I should keep the red 3m dual sided tapes or use a black one instead

The sticker on the tape is red, tape is greyish black.

And what do you think about the normal lens CPL of Viofo ( with the attach on the camera)? Hace you tried these?

VIOFO's CPL works if you keep the lens pointing straight. If adjusted to the left or right, CPL won't clip on.

Could you possibly post a photo of the tape?
Have there been any reported adhesion issues with this greyish black tape that you are aware of?
3M VHB type 5952 which is what I thought was used on this camera does not come in charcoal grey, only black or white.

Could you possibly post a photo of the tape?
Have there been any reported adhesion issues with this greyish black tape that you are aware of?
3M VHB type 5952 which is what I thought was used on this camera does not come in charcoal grey, only black or white.

I've actually never had any adhesion issues with tape supplied by SG or VIOFO. My roll of 5952 works just as well.

The tape is black, I mentioned greyish black as when photographed using a flash, it always looks more grey than black.

Will post a pic of the spare tape received with the A119 in a bit.

I've actually never had any adhesion issues with tape supplied by SG or VIOFO. My roll of 5952 works just as well.

The tape is black, I mentioned greyish black as when photographed using a flash, it always looks more grey than black.

Will post a pic of the spare tape received with the A119 in a bit.

OK, thanks.

The ongoing adhesion problems with the SG9665GC supplied tape pads have involved a charcoal gray tape. It is repeatedly claimed by jokiin to be 3M VHB 5952 but authentic 5952 is pure black, hence my question.

Last edited:
Decided against getting this due to the adhesive application, a little too expensive for a disposable CPL.
VIOFO's CPL works if you keep the lens pointing straight. If adjusted to the left or right, CPL won't clip on.
- agree, I purchased some ND gel for flash a while ago, I will DIY my own.
- thanks, i did not check below the red sticker..

- agree, I purchased some ND gel for flash a while ago, I will DIY my own.
- thanks, i did not check below the red sticker..

Even though ND (Neutral Density) gel looks very similar to polarizing material it is intended for exposure control and will not work at all as a polarizer. You'll need genuine polarizing material to create a DIY polarizer for your Viofo.

Even though ND (Neutral Density) gel looks very similar to polarizing material it is intended for exposure control and will not work at all as a polarizer. You'll need genuine polarizing material to create a DIY polarizer for your Viofo.

Such as those used in 3d cinema glasses? I got also these for the same purpose... (I got the nd for drone use).

Such as those used in 3d cinema glasses? I got also these for the same purpose... (I got the nd for drone use).

Some people have used those but the results may not be optimal. For one thing it can depend on the type of 3D movie glasses you are using as there are a few different technologies used in theaters. I don't know all that much about them when used for camera polarizers though. Some people have used flip-up sunglasses for DIY polarizers too with some degree of success. Search the forum and you'll find many posts that may be useful to you. You can also buy polarizing gels on the internet.

Hmm. I ordered one from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01HN0HBFGI'm beginning to think they oversold it. The video clearly states it does 1440p 60, but I suspect it does 1440p30, or 1920p60 instead.
I guess I'll find out when it arrives.
Reason for buying: mini 803 is shutting itself off at random. This doesn't do everything I want, but I need something now.

Hmm. I ordered one from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01HN0HBFGI'm beginning to think they oversold it. The video clearly states it does 1440p 60, but I suspect it does 1440p30, or 1920p60 instead.
I guess I'll find out when it arrives.
Reason for buying: mini 803 is shutting itself off at random. This doesn't do everything I want, but I need something now.
Yeah, that's a poor title. The A119 does not do 1440p@60. It's 1440p@30. I does have the 1080p@60 option.

A question about the microSD Card. I read that maximum capacity is 64 GB. However i want to buy the MicroSD Samsung Evo Plus U3 64GB, it could create some problems or it is all right? Thanks

A question about the microSD Card. I read that maximum capacity is 64 GB. However i want to buy the MicroSD Samsung Evo Plus U3 64GB, it could create some problems or it is all right? Thanks

No, that card is good. Many users are also using the 128GB cards without issue.

Boys...probably i bought the wrong model. I bought the Spytec A119.. this is different from Viofo A119 or the upgrade etc..are the same? Thanks

Boys...probably i bought the wrong model. I bought the Spytec A119.. this is different from Viofo A119 or the upgrade etc..are the same? Thanks

They are the same camera.

Couldn't resist the urge... Bought an A119 today :D

So also the same upgrade?

So also the same upgrade?

if you're asking about the ability to update firmware then YES. I have an original viofo A119 as well as a spytec "branded" A119 and they are both updated with the same firmware.

Back