My camera didn't pay off

fakej

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Well it was nearly half year old, high time to replace with something new anyway ;)Zdjęcie0044.jpg

Argh smash and grab :mad:

Was the camera all you had in the car ?

Nothing really exceptional: tomtom go 750 and phone charger.
I was a bit surprised by the cops approach. I called them rather beacuase I was curious what they will do, not beacause I had a hope they will find the thief. A few years ago I'm 100% sure they would write a report and in next few months I would get a standard letter that investigation wont be continued anymore. Plain waste of time.
In this case they took some biological samples, they collected two hairs, and they also took texture of material (potentially clothes) that was visible on the dust from the door with broken glass. They however decided there were no reasonable fingerprints to collect as the thief didn't make an attempt to steal the car (I knew what I was doing when I was buying Fiat ;) ).
At least they made a good impression.

yeah DNA is videly used these days, it have become pretty easy to collect and process, and most of all doing that is not that expensive any more.

I am 100 % sure that if that happened to my car and i called the police about it i would be told "that is your problem" and "contact your Insurance Company".

I lost my trust in Danish police 30 years ago, and i am pretty sure things have not become better in that regard.

Nobody steal my Little Suzuki either, but i have allready had it vandalised, broken window in front R door just like you, and nothing stolen or opned, just plain old vandalisem.

we will have a lot of the same here in the comming months, in summer time we see a lot of ppl visiting from the East, they make tent camp in forrests and on beaches, and then the crime rate go up.

In Australia they wouldnt even bother coming out over a broken window and stolen gps/cam etc

Sorry to hear about your smashed window, meeting that mess when you're about to go somewhere is always a bummer.

I am 100 % sure that if that happened to my car and i called the police about it i would be told "that is your problem" and "contact your Insurance Company".

Same in Sweden. Police doesn't prioritize this and won't show up, you have to go and see them yourself to have the papers done. If it wasn't for the insurance company demanding a copy of the police report to accept a claim there's absolutely no point bringing this type of incidents any further. Sad but true.

Back